Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) 12:35 - Jan 2 with 38762 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51640/match-preview-dale-v-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51536/refwatch-dale-v-newca

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51613/played-for-both--dale

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51612/tvos-dale-v-newcastle

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/newcastletickets_lastchance/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:04 - Jan 5 with 2700 viewsDaley_Lama

Luka Modricson.

I lika da sound of that!

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:17 - Jan 5 with 2646 views1907

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:23 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Why should he delete his opinion on a players performance on a message board which is designed for doing that very thing?

There’s having an opinion and then there’s posting utter drivel. If Baah read that post imagine what it would do to his confidence at16?

Questioning his commitment off that performance yesterday is just tripe.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:23 - Jan 5 with 2615 views1907

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:19 - Jan 5 by rochdaleriddler

Shows that you don’t see many games then. He was great against Accrington, and Mathieson has had a poor run recently

Matheson has struggled in recent weeks. He was also poor when he came on against Gillingham. His performance yesterday however was sensational.

Luke has now been in and around the first time match day squad for over a year. Baah for a couple of weeks, hence why that post earlier in the thread was so wrong & unfair.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:47 - Jan 5 with 2518 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:17 - Jan 5 by 1907

There’s having an opinion and then there’s posting utter drivel. If Baah read that post imagine what it would do to his confidence at16?

Where has anybody questioned his commitment?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:59 - Jan 5 with 2458 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:47 - Jan 5 by BigDaveMyCock

"I am critisizing {sic} him for a complete lack of effort"

- midlandsdale, 12.08

Sounds clear enough to me

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 15:06]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:05 - Jan 5 with 2438 views1907

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:59 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

- midlandsdale, 12.08

Cheers D_alien, glad to see there’s still some sanity on this site.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:09 - Jan 5 with 2409 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:47 - Jan 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Indeed. Wasn’t he the the one who was jumping all over BBM when the goal went in, that was an ecstatic reaction. I have worked with a few who weren’t committed to the case. The lad has commitment in spades. His bookings tell you as much.
The lad tried but fell a long way short on what was always going to be a massive learning curve for him. Think he should be allowed to develop in his own time, without the supports get carried away with either good or poor performances.

I have no issue with opinions being expressed on here that aren’t malicious. Let’s remain a broad church.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:15 - Jan 5 with 2368 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:00 - Jan 5 by fitzochris

I maintain we should’ve been dead and buried from the point Ryan was caught in possession.

From there, somehow, we kept them out, but looked bereft going forward.

Wilbraham coming in meant the ball stayed in their half more and Rathbone became inspired. That run by Matheson to receive and then play the ball was incredible.

Went from feeling deflated at half time to bouncing off to the pub afterwards.

The Newcastle fans I spoke to were enthusing about the “Rochdale Modric”. They were all decent, despite our yoof embarrassingly trying to goad them on the way out.

All the geordies I met before during and after the game were great

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:45 - Jan 5 with 2273 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:59 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

- midlandsdale, 12.08

Hang on, midlandsdale doesn’t question the lad’s overall commitment. Wasn’t it just a case of him noting that in this one game, for someone so young, he was in his opinion exhibiting a lack of required effort in respect of the running that was required. Whether you agree with that or not, you can make that observation without questioning the lad’s overall commitment. There have been a number of opinions, including your own, as to why Baah struggled as he did. Some or all may be right or wrong.
I criticise Calvin for his persistent unwillingness to get on the end of things in the opposition area, that, however, is not questioning his commitment.
Even Hendo can have games where, as you say, he doesn’t even “attempt to challenge for balls...”

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:53 - Jan 5 with 2233 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:45 - Jan 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Hang on, midlandsdale doesn’t question the lad’s overall commitment. Wasn’t it just a case of him noting that in this one game, for someone so young, he was in his opinion exhibiting a lack of required effort in respect of the running that was required. Whether you agree with that or not, you can make that observation without questioning the lad’s overall commitment. There have been a number of opinions, including your own, as to why Baah struggled as he did. Some or all may be right or wrong.
I criticise Calvin for his persistent unwillingness to get on the end of things in the opposition area, that, however, is not questioning his commitment.
Even Hendo can have games where, as you say, he doesn’t even “attempt to challenge for balls...”

Hendo's technique in not challenging for aerial balls is more a question of self-preservation than anything else, and not necessarily a bad thing providing we have other ways of gaining forward momentum - which is the context in which i posted yesterday, as you well know

"Overall" commitment suddenly appearing as a means to try and excuse what midlandsdale posted doesn't wash - and again, you know it

I could post that you have an overall commitment to Falinge, but again, that may or may not be true...

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 16:06 - Jan 5 with 2182 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:17 - Jan 5 by 1907

Whether you agree with it or not isn't a reason to delete a post.

There'd be no point in having a forum if everyone who disagreed with the consensus started deleting their accounts and posts. This place isn't here for everyone to have a circle jerk.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 16:31 - Jan 5 with 2130 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 15:53 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Hendo's technique in not challenging for aerial balls is more a question of self-preservation than anything else, and not necessarily a bad thing providing we have other ways of gaining forward momentum - which is the context in which i posted yesterday, as you well know

"Overall" commitment suddenly appearing as a means to try and excuse what midlandsdale posted doesn't wash - and again, you know it

I could post that you have an overall commitment to Falinge, but again, that may or may not be true...

Your references to “as you well know” and “you know it” I suspect derives from your inability to deal with opinions which differ from your own. Rather than engaging with those opinions, you accuse the originator of those opinions as not really holding those opinions and actually ‘knowing’ something different to be true (essentially your opinion). In that way any differing opinion to your own is automatically discredited and you, in your mind at least, are always right.
It’s quite funny.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 16:53 - Jan 5 with 2036 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 16:06 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Whether you agree with it or not isn't a reason to delete a post.

There'd be no point in having a forum if everyone who disagreed with the consensus started deleting their accounts and posts. This place isn't here for everyone to have a circle jerk.

Whilst agreeing with you, it does feel like that sometimes when the usual suspects pile onto a differing view

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:02 - Jan 5 with 1989 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 16:31 - Jan 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Your references to “as you well know” and “you know it” I suspect derives from your inability to deal with opinions which differ from your own. Rather than engaging with those opinions, you accuse the originator of those opinions as not really holding those opinions and actually ‘knowing’ something different to be true (essentially your opinion). In that way any differing opinion to your own is automatically discredited and you, in your mind at least, are always right.
It’s quite funny.

It certainly is, it amuses me no end!

But, as you well know, your fascination with trying to discredit me won't do you any good. Like your shadow puppet FP, trying to muscle in on someone else's debate to have a go is typical behaviour by someone from those parts

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:43 - Jan 5 with 1870 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:02 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

It certainly is, it amuses me no end!

But, as you well know, your fascination with trying to discredit me won't do you any good. Like your shadow puppet FP, trying to muscle in on someone else's debate to have a go is typical behaviour by someone from those parts

It’s a public forum and, as such, probably not the best place to have ‘personal’ debates upon which you want to restrict participation. Well, restrict those who disagree with you. I don’t think 1907 has muscled in on anything, nor do I think he’s your ‘puppet’. Just a member of a public forum who’s offered an opinion.
Re your assertion that you are being discredited, I again suspect this derives from you inability to deal with people who disagree with you.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:55 - Jan 5 with 1822 viewsRochdale_ger

Could of comfortably beaten them yesterday in the second half. I am hoping for a performance akin to that against Bolton on Saturday. Anything less and we may aswell throw in the towel. Was a good day yesterday. I had to line up to get in the wmg and there were two dickheads behind me bemoaning (so everyone could hear) the fact that it was a “pisstake” that so many people turned up and That they won’t be here next week. Highly embarrassing and awkward for all who had to hear it.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:01 - Jan 5 with 1791 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:43 - Jan 5 by BigDaveMyCock

It’s a public forum and, as such, probably not the best place to have ‘personal’ debates upon which you want to restrict participation. Well, restrict those who disagree with you. I don’t think 1907 has muscled in on anything, nor do I think he’s your ‘puppet’. Just a member of a public forum who’s offered an opinion.
Re your assertion that you are being discredited, I again suspect this derives from you inability to deal with people who disagree with you.

Its a public forum? Oh right...

As you well know, after boring the bollocks off everyone about Brexit, and then trying to find endless variations of telling us why Calvin can't score, you're doing absolutely no better on this tack, which has been going on for years, hasn't it...

This is a thread about yesterday's brilliant football match. I had a disagreement with a fairly regular poster and we left it at that. The subsequent rubbish posted by FP and yourself (one and the same?) have been about me. Get over me, the pair of you!! Or just you, whichever...

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:03]

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:04 - Jan 5 with 1779 viewsdalenumber2

On that note, I was surprised that all the turnstiles were not open in the Pearl Street (and I am surprised there are not complaints on here!). Lots of people missed the kick off because the queues were ridiculously long. Surely it would not have cost much to open the other turnstiles? Anyway, glad I got there early and enjoyed the whole match - what a fantastic afternoon it was.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:04 - Jan 5 with 1779 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:01 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Its a public forum? Oh right...

As you well know, after boring the bollocks off everyone about Brexit, and then trying to find endless variations of telling us why Calvin can't score, you're doing absolutely no better on this tack, which has been going on for years, hasn't it...

This is a thread about yesterday's brilliant football match. I had a disagreement with a fairly regular poster and we left it at that. The subsequent rubbish posted by FP and yourself (one and the same?) have been about me. Get over me, the pair of you!! Or just you, whichever...

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:03]

...and there’s the big flounce.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:04]

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:05 - Jan 5 with 1763 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:04 - Jan 5 by BigDaveMyCock

...and there’s the big flounce.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:04]

Surely not that cliche?

GET OVER ME!!!!!!!

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:23 - Jan 5 with 1701 viewsisitme

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:04 - Jan 5 by dalenumber2

On that note, I was surprised that all the turnstiles were not open in the Pearl Street (and I am surprised there are not complaints on here!). Lots of people missed the kick off because the queues were ridiculously long. Surely it would not have cost much to open the other turnstiles? Anyway, glad I got there early and enjoyed the whole match - what a fantastic afternoon it was.

That was really annoying especially as there appeared to be no system of getting people in in an orderly and quick way.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 1655 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:23 - Jan 5 by isitme

That was really annoying especially as there appeared to be no system of getting people in in an orderly and quick way.

FFS, this post has gone from comments to tit for tat posts about personalities & personal digs...

So much for the Season of Goodwill & peace to all...

Pub Car Parks were invented to sort squabbles out, a lot of posters in the last few pages need to reflect on the shite they have been posting & fooking grow up....

OP Was about the match thread, close it down & focus on positives

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 1618 viewsRochdale_ger

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:38 - Jan 5 by blackdogblue

FFS, this post has gone from comments to tit for tat posts about personalities & personal digs...

So much for the Season of Goodwill & peace to all...

Pub Car Parks were invented to sort squabbles out, a lot of posters in the last few pages need to reflect on the shite they have been posting & fooking grow up....

OP Was about the match thread, close it down & focus on positives

Sorting things out in pub car parks is sooooo last decade.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:55 - Jan 5 with 1576 viewssweetcorn

There was, by me. I tweeted the club and got no response on there about it either..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:57 - Jan 5 with 1562 viewsrochdaleriddler

Queues were ridiculous that end, no queue at all for sandy!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024