Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royal Panda 10:21 - Jan 8 with 9676 viewsTripper

News this morning that our sponsors are making a hasty retreat from the UK market and cease trading on January 20th. I think this was the final year of the deal, hopefully we've been paid for the full term.

Definitely going to be in the market for a new sponsor for next season.
Royal Panda on 16:38 - Jan 8 with 2215 viewsClive_Anderson

The pittance lower division clubs gets for sponsorship you'd think we'd be better off just having a nice shirt with no crappy logo on it.

Would sell more shirts, make us more attractive for TV audiences and possible investment I'd imagine too.
Royal Panda on 16:46 - Jan 8 with 2190 viewsNorthernr

Royal Panda on 16:38 - Jan 8 by Clive_Anderson

The pittance lower division clubs gets for sponsorship you'd think we'd be better off just having a nice shirt with no crappy logo on it.

Would sell more shirts, make us more attractive for TV audiences and possible investment I'd imagine too.

If that was the case then clubs would be doing it. None of them are, so it's obviously not.

Another helpful product of FFP - encourages you to try and claw in as much sponsorship as you possibly can, which means betting companies because they're the ones that pay ATM.
Royal Panda on 17:04 - Jan 8 with 2148 viewsClive_Anderson

Royal Panda on 16:46 - Jan 8 by Northernr

If that was the case then clubs would be doing it. None of them are, so it's obviously not.

Another helpful product of FFP - encourages you to try and claw in as much sponsorship as you possibly can, which means betting companies because they're the ones that pay ATM.

Well you're probably right, although I remember some team getting about £10k for their sponsorship a few years ago.

Any idea how much we got from Royal Panda?
Royal Panda on 17:06 - Jan 8 with 2145 viewsNorthernr

Royal Panda on 17:04 - Jan 8 by Clive_Anderson

Well you're probably right, although I remember some team getting about £10k for their sponsorship a few years ago.

Any idea how much we got from Royal Panda?

I don't, but it will be in the accounts which usually come out end of Jan beginning of Feb.
Royal Panda on 17:42 - Jan 8 with 2080 viewskensalriser

Is it just me a bit baffled by the detail of interest in the club’s finances?

I mean, obviously I don’t want QPR to go bust and i’d like the club to be sensibly run but beyond that I couldn’t give a stuff about how much we get from shirt sponsors or what percentage of Hugill’s supposed wages we’re paying. A few goals, a few points and the odd decent performance will do me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Royal Panda on 19:19 - Jan 8 with 1995 viewsBrazilNutR

I quite liked having a betting company, as when i bought a load of kids shirts a while back in the sale for all the kids I know here in Brazil, none of them had sponsors and looked so much better and are still being worn years later without any flaking sponsors names...
Otherwise there really are only a handful at most examples of "good sponsors" that teams have ever had, and we had Guiness, which is up there with the better ones
Royal Panda on 20:33 - Jan 8 with 1924 viewsTacticalR

Royal Panda on 17:42 - Jan 8 by kensalriser

Is it just me a bit baffled by the detail of interest in the club’s finances?

I mean, obviously I don’t want QPR to go bust and i’d like the club to be sensibly run but beyond that I couldn’t give a stuff about how much we get from shirt sponsors or what percentage of Hugill’s supposed wages we’re paying. A few goals, a few points and the odd decent performance will do me.

The magic is gone when you no longer look forward to settling down in the evenings to do the accounts together...

Air hostess clique

Royal Panda on 20:38 - Jan 8 with 1903 viewsizlingtonhoop

Royal Panda on 16:38 - Jan 8 by Clive_Anderson

I hate to say it, but the shit's kit looked fuc king marvellous the other day.

Edit
Actually no
I don't hate to say it
I hate Chelsea
And I want to hate them in a decent kit

Almost looks as great, and detestable, as it it did in my sticker days - apart from the swoosh.

I mean, What!?

A low, even by their standards

Fu ck off Kung Fu Panda

I don't even really know I'm sure what it is...

Edit 2

Err...

Ive just realised that arch lefty me is agreeing with Clive Anderson of this parish...

A

great

big

melting

pot

[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 20:52]
Login to get fewer ads

Royal Panda on 14:53 - Jan 9 with 1681 viewskingsburyR

Royal Panda on 20:38 - Jan 8 by izlingtonhoop

Edit
Actually no
I don't hate to say it
I hate Chelsea

Almost looks as great, and detestable, as it it did in my sticker days - apart from the swoosh.

I mean, What!?

Fu ck off Kung Fu Panda

Edit 2

Err...

Ive just realised that arch lefty me is agreeing with Clive Anderson of this parish...

A

great

big

melting

pot

Chelsea aside that was a class kit the other day.

Can we not roll out a full (no sponsor) retro kit from the 70's?

It'll sell like hot cakes.

You can add the guinness one and also my fav the Ray Wilkins Dennis the Menace with the yellow piping across the chest!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Royal Panda on 16:58 - Jan 9 with 1629 viewsBoston

I’ve only bought two Rangers shirts, one in 1974, the other 1983 and that’s probably it, sponsors or no sponsors.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Royal Panda on 10:09 - Jan 14 with 1508 viewsrsonist

Royal Panda on 13:12 - Jan 14 with 1340 viewssmegma

Royal Panda on 20:38 - Jan 8 by izlingtonhoop

Edit
Actually no
I don't hate to say it
I hate Chelsea

I mean, What!?

Fu ck off Kung Fu Panda

Edit 2

Err...

A

great

big

melting

pot

It was to commemorate the 50th anniversary of their first FA Cup Final win.
Royal Panda on 13:21 - Jan 14 with 1305 viewsTheChef

Royal Panda on 10:09 - Jan 14 by rsonist

About farking time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024