Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January 06:38 - Jan 15 with 12491 viewsDevon_4_England

Hopefully after the initial disappointment this isn’t being played on the Saturday we will have a half decent turn out.

Only £10 ST / £15. Kids for a quid etc. plus Wednesday have taken the full allocation

All areas open apart from Ellerslie

Decent chance to get into 5th round for 2nd year running after a dry patch of 20+ years

I’m going to be positive and predict we get over 10,000 in.

Would be great if the Club were put in a position where Ellerslie has to be opened but I get some of the apathy from our fans and the Club needing to keep costs down by anticipating a low crowd.

2 - 1 Rangers

[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 6:39]
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 07:41 - Jan 15 with 6016 viewsmcqpr10

Tenner for a game under the lights on a Friday night to get into the 5th round of the FA cup. What's not to like? Have to play our best team now we are back to league mediocrity.

Let's get a big crowd!
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 09:36 - Jan 15 with 5892 viewsslmrstid

I had every intention of going until it was announced it was a Friday night, and that made travelling down from Leicester on a Friday night and the time needed off work to do so absolutely impossible for me.

Signed, Grumpy of Leicester
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 10:03 - Jan 15 with 5847 viewsShotKneesHoop

I'm coming down from King's Lynn next Friday. Train ticket and seat booked.

A fiver for an Old Git's Ticket - for standing up at the back of the East Paddock on the halfway line - just like the old days!! That should be the price for every game.

Plus a few pints in the White Horse followed by fish and chips at Billy Oceans ... all I want now is a 3-1 win and Chelscum in the next round.

Is there a God? (not Stan - the other one) - If so - please make it happen.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 10:10]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 5811 viewsMytch_QPR

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 10:03 - Jan 15 by ShotKneesHoop

A fiver for an Old Git's Ticket - for standing up at the back of the East Paddock on the halfway line - just like the old days!! That should be the price for every game.

Plus a few pints in the White Horse followed by fish and chips at Billy Oceans ... all I want now is a 3-1 win and Chelscum in the next round.

When I went on to book there were a heck of a lot of seats available in SAR. Hope it's not a damp squib, would be good to get the place rocking as our usual home form against The Owls has been good in recent seasons.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 10:31 - Jan 15 with 5790 viewsqueensparker

Not opening Ellerslie for FA Cup games really pisses me off. That's where I sit, where I've always sat. I hate ending up in some random place in the ground

I get it for the early games in the league cup and the Simod Cup or whatever but not for the fourth round of the FA Cup.
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 11:22 - Jan 15 with 5726 viewsLongsufferingR

I'll be there but I think we'll struggle to get even as many as we had against Swansea. Friday night, unattractive opposition. Probably 5000 max.
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 11:31 - Jan 15 with 5705 viewsdaveB

I'll be surprised if we get more than 6,000
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 11:46 - Jan 15 with 5663 viewsToast_R

Having took my 5 year old son to his first ever match for Swansea, I'm thinking I should go to this one too. There's a few Loyalty Points as a reward to boot.

I quite liked sitting in the Lower Loft, brought back some fond memories. Can't really take him to a Friday night game though and not really keen on Upper Loft much these days as it's too crammed and the bogs are a nightmare in comparison. They've done a marvelous job with the Family stand facilities wise, seems to be far more spacious in the gangways. In my mature age, I'm all for it.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 11:48]
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:17 - Jan 15 with 5593 viewsMick_S

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 10:03 - Jan 15 by ShotKneesHoop

We had a look at back row of the Paddocks for this one, but my son elected the Upper Loft with a lucky Gyros in The Athenian being the new pre-match ritual. Will the Wendys sell out? That is some allocation.

Edit: My son's ticket is a remarkable £3:00.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 12:30]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:25 - Jan 15 with 5568 viewsLongsufferingR

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:17 - Jan 15 by Mick_S

We had a look at back row of the Paddocks for this one, but my son elected the Upper Loft with a lucky Gyros in The Athenian being the new pre-match ritual. Will the Wendys sell out? That is some allocation.

Edit: My son's ticket is a remarkable £3:00.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 12:30]

No, they've only got the upper tier. Will be amazed if they fill that for a Friday night game.
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:46 - Jan 15 with 5510 viewsToast_R

Did I read somewhere that the last train back to Sheffield is something like 20 minutes after full time?
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:52 - Jan 15 with 5495 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:46 - Jan 15 by Toast_R

Did I read somewhere that the last train back to Sheffield is something like 20 minutes after full time?

They are quite lucky when you look at last trains back to London after some away games.
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:58 - Jan 15 with 5463 viewssmegma

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 12:52 - Jan 15 by stowmarketrange

They are quite lucky when you look at last trains back to London after some away games.

Don't forget it's an 8pm kick off according to the tickets
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 13:01 - Jan 15 with 5449 viewsJPC

Might have to find an alternative to Billy Ocean's - now a Jerk Chicken place
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 16:40 - Jan 15 with 5280 viewsPinnerPaul

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 11:31 - Jan 15 by daveB

I'll be surprised if we get more than 6,000

Think you're right.

LH has spoken often about there not being as much correlation between prices and attendance as people think.

In fact he even said that take up of free tickets is worse than reduced price ones!
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 18:57 - Jan 15 with 5158 viewsE17hoop

I've got to be in Manchester all day so won't make it. :-(

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 20:44 - Jan 15 with 5015 viewsShotKneesHoop

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 13:01 - Jan 15 by JPC

Might have to find an alternative to Billy Ocean's - now a Jerk Chicken place

Bollox - is that true?? Where's the best fish and chips joint near the ground then??
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 20:44]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 20:54 - Jan 15 with 4987 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 20:44 - Jan 15 by ShotKneesHoop

Bollox - is that true?? Where's the best fish and chips joint near the ground then??
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 20:44]

I always use the one next to Shepherd’s Bush Market station.Very well priced compared to the white city chippy.
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 21:06 - Jan 15 with 4967 viewseghamranger

Is it on tv does anyone know?
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 21:08 - Jan 15 with 4956 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 21:06 - Jan 15 by eghamranger

It was supposed to be online at bet 365 but I think the fa finally grew some balls and told them no,so hopefully it will be on tv somewhere.
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 04:32 - Jan 17 with 4665 viewsDevon_4_England

Well as rallying cries go I feel I’ve had about as much impact as Christer Warren did during his time at QPR!

Who remembers that Friday night game against Cardiff in the first Holloway era? Was a right moody atmosphere in and around the ground.

Can’t recall many other Friday night games down the Rangers off the top of my head
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 07:17 - Jan 17 with 4600 viewsWalnut

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 21:06 - Jan 15 by eghamranger

BTsport are showing it live
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 08:55 - Jan 17 with 4515 viewsMick_S

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 07:17 - Jan 17 by Walnut

That's not good.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 09:01 - Jan 17 with 4508 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 07:17 - Jan 17 by Walnut

Pretty sure BT are showing Northampton v Wayne Rooney FFP FC
Our game appears to be live on the FA website or something like that
FA Cup: QPR v Sheff Wed - Friday 24th January on 09:03 - Jan 17 with 4502 viewsRblockPrior

No its not, Friday game on tv is Northampton Town v Derby County

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024