Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man of the match kelly 14:30 - Jan 18 with 15329 viewssouthbrookstreet

Well done kelly
Man of the match kelly on 22:12 - Jan 18 with 1890 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 22:04 - Jan 18 by paulparker

Baz I’m all for the youth and good signings, this season has been a breath of fresh air for the most part , but Lumley hasn’t been decent since Leeds at home last year and that’s a long time for a keeper , we can’t keep making excuses for him , the defence at times as been poor but that comes from having no confidence in the bloke between the sticks , today the defence grew as the game went on because after the penalty save it gave them all another 20% , I’ve said before we should be in the top 8 with our attacking threat but thrown away to many points and that’s criminal
Do I want lumley to succeed yeah I do because that means we sell for millions but he ain’t up to it Jesus Ingram got pelters last year and was no where near as bad

Sorry mate I still don't think you are getting what I mean.
Man of the match kelly on 22:21 - Jan 18 with 1845 viewsAgedR

Man of the match kelly on 19:10 - Jan 18 by The_Seer

Comes back stronger - that's not going to happen. He is not good enough for our current style of football. Kelly is our Number 1.

Try twitter mate. You can troll anon about any subject you like. Hours of masturbatory stimuli.

As for Lumley. He’s got obvious potential, as shown by some excellent performances for us and on loans, but, he’s a kid. Hopefully, when in his 30s, he will look back on this season as what helped to make him an outstanding stopper.

If you think we’re Man City and can jettison players rather than nurture them, then I suggest you go back to school.

I hope Lumley comes back stronger, forces Kelly to improve and we have two outstanding goalkeeping choices.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 22:28]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Man of the match kelly on 22:23 - Jan 18 with 1831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 22:21 - Jan 18 by AgedR

Try twitter mate. You can troll anon about any subject you like. Hours of masturbatory stimuli.

As for Lumley. He’s got obvious potential, as shown by some excellent performances for us and on loans, but, he’s a kid. Hopefully, when in his 30s, he will look back on this season as what helped to make him an outstanding stopper.

If you think we’re Man City and can jettison players rather than nurture them, then I suggest you go back to school.

I hope Lumley comes back stronger, forces Kelly to improve and we have two outstanding goalkeeping choices.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 22:28]

Three if Dieng keeps up the good work in Scotland.
Man of the match kelly on 22:29 - Jan 18 with 1810 viewsGloucs_R

Man of the match kelly on 22:23 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Three if Dieng keeps up the good work in Scotland.

He's at Doncaster mate

Poll: Are we staying up?

Man of the match kelly on 22:32 - Jan 18 with 1790 viewsaston_hoop

Man of the match kelly on 22:29 - Jan 18 by Gloucs_R

He's at Doncaster mate

Happy for Doncaster to be moved to Scotland if everyone else agrees?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Man of the match kelly on 22:35 - Jan 18 with 1769 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Man of the match kelly on 22:32 - Jan 18 by aston_hoop

Weee Donnie

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Man of the match kelly on 22:47 - Jan 18 with 1739 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 22:29 - Jan 18 by Gloucs_R

He's at Doncaster mate

Stand corrected.

Either way, I think Holloway and Penrice will get the best out of him when he comes back.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 22:48]
Man of the match kelly on 22:51 - Jan 18 with 1720 viewsBucksRanger

Man of the match kelly on 22:47 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Stand corrected.

Either way, I think Holloway and Penrice will get the best out of him when he comes back.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 22:48]

He's going to Grimsby on loan next?
Login to get fewer ads

Man of the match kelly on 01:19 - Jan 19 with 1609 viewsLoftgirl

Man of the match kelly on 19:13 - Jan 18 by oakskull

Lumley should have been out of the team many matches ago.

Kelly did really good to day. He was a match winner, on par with Welles.

However, I am not convinced that he is aggressive and strong enough in the area, to actually push players aside and get that high incoming ball. He wasn’t really tested on that to day, but there were some situations when he could have been more active. We shall find out.

Who's Welles?
Man of the match kelly on 01:24 - Jan 19 with 1604 viewsLoftgirl

It's close enough.
Man of the match kelly on 01:26 - Jan 19 with 1602 viewsLoftgirl

Man of the match kelly on 22:04 - Jan 18 by paulparker

Baz I’m all for the youth and good signings, this season has been a breath of fresh air for the most part , but Lumley hasn’t been decent since Leeds at home last year and that’s a long time for a keeper , we can’t keep making excuses for him , the defence at times as been poor but that comes from having no confidence in the bloke between the sticks , today the defence grew as the game went on because after the penalty save it gave them all another 20% , I’ve said before we should be in the top 8 with our attacking threat but thrown away to many points and that’s criminal
Do I want lumley to succeed yeah I do because that means we sell for millions but he ain’t up to it Jesus Ingram got pelters last year and was no where near as bad

This Jesus Ingram fella, how is he on crosses?
Man of the match kelly on 01:28 - Jan 19 with 1599 viewsCiderwithRsie

Tough on both parties TBH.
Man of the match kelly on 01:38 - Jan 19 with 1594 viewsCiderwithRsie

On the OP: BOS my MoM from my armchair but Kelly very encouraging.

On Kelly v Lumley: don't think it's even a debate any more. Won't say a word against Lumley, tries his best I'm sure, was very good for us when first got his chance, and I hope he comes good in future. But for now Kelly is doing OK whenever he plays and I'm afraid Lumley needs to be switched off and then switched on again. I think a loan would do him good if we could find cover - when is Dieng's loan up?
Man of the match kelly on 07:53 - Jan 19 with 1516 viewsGloucs_R

I think MW has been very clever here. By taking Joe out of the match day squad, he took away some of the pressure on Liam.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Man of the match kelly on 08:55 - Jan 19 with 1446 viewsPunteR

Man of the match kelly on 22:12 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry mate I still don't think you are getting what I mean.

I dont think your getting what PP means. Its a messageboard to express honest opinions. How is what we say on here contributing to Lumleys form good or bad?
I suppose if football fans do formulate a negative opinion and that opinion starts spreading across the club and then spills out onto the pitch during games then its down to the player to prove them wrong. Thats football, isnt it? as harsh as it sounds.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Man of the match kelly on 09:28 - Jan 19 with 1401 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 08:55 - Jan 19 by PunteR

I dont think your getting what PP means. Its a messageboard to express honest opinions. How is what we say on here contributing to Lumleys form good or bad?
I suppose if football fans do formulate a negative opinion and that opinion starts spreading across the club and then spills out onto the pitch during games then its down to the player to prove them wrong. Thats football, isnt it? as harsh as it sounds.

Hey, along with the right to express an opinion is the right to have it called out.

No idea if an opinion here filters down to the players. Speaking for myself though, the decline of Lumley is a sad thing and having PP and others repeat ‘he’s shit’ over and over again, especially after a win is a proper bummer. I’m asking the question why PP needs to hammer the point home so much? Have a count for yourself how many negative comments he’s had on a day he wasn’t even in a the squad.

It’s a joyless way of experiencing QPR, and it saps the joy of supporters if not the players. I just don’t think it’s a nice or useful thing to do. That’s the limit of my point really.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 9:29]
Man of the match kelly on 09:45 - Jan 19 with 1374 viewsShotKneesHoop

Man of the match kelly on 01:26 - Jan 19 by Loftgirl

Really hangs in the air.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Man of the match kelly on 09:50 - Jan 19 with 1366 viewsPunteR

Man of the match kelly on 09:28 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hey, along with the right to express an opinion is the right to have it called out.

No idea if an opinion here filters down to the players. Speaking for myself though, the decline of Lumley is a sad thing and having PP and others repeat ‘he’s shit’ over and over again, especially after a win is a proper bummer. I’m asking the question why PP needs to hammer the point home so much? Have a count for yourself how many negative comments he’s had on a day he wasn’t even in a the squad.

It’s a joyless way of experiencing QPR, and it saps the joy of supporters if not the players. I just don’t think it’s a nice or useful thing to do. That’s the limit of my point really.

If Lumley has been played every week despite his form and drops clangers, than i guess fans will repeatedly say he's shit. Its down to the manager and the player to sort out. Which they have done.
Lumley will have a decent career still im sure. Maybe not at this level but he will survive this blip. Its down to him though how he comes back from this. I hope he does come back stronger and better. He seems a good lad.
What is a joyless way of supporting QPR on here is endless political threads and posts.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Man of the match kelly on 09:53 - Jan 19 with 1358 viewspaulparker

Man of the match kelly on 09:28 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

My opinion is that if lumley plays he doesn’t save the pen and Leeds go on to win that’s the difference in having a half decent keeper ie saving us points , it’s also an observation a bit like saying if hugill would of played we could of scored 2 or 3
Have you not ever had an opinion on a player being crap at QPR ?? Or just not rated them, was you The only one who thought Tony Roberts was great or Karl ready was a brilliant centre back who just needed time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Man of the match kelly on 09:56 - Jan 19 with 1354 viewspaulparker

Man of the match kelly on 01:26 - Jan 19 by Loftgirl

What a card you are religious jokes on a Sunday !!
Got any good Muhammed stuff ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Man of the match kelly on 09:59 - Jan 19 with 1349 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 09:53 - Jan 19 by paulparker

My opinion is that if lumley plays he doesn’t save the pen and Leeds go on to win that’s the difference in having a half decent keeper ie saving us points , it’s also an observation a bit like saying if hugill would of played we could of scored 2 or 3
Have you not ever had an opinion on a player being crap at QPR ?? Or just not rated them, was you The only one who thought Tony Roberts was great or Karl ready was a brilliant centre back who just needed time

Of course.

Did I bang on about them until everyone’s ears bled? No.
Man of the match kelly on 10:11 - Jan 19 with 1319 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Man of the match kelly on 09:56 - Jan 19 by paulparker

What a card you are religious jokes on a Sunday !!
Got any good Muhammed stuff ??

Man of the match kelly on 10:19 - Jan 19 with 1301 viewsWestonsuperR

Man of the match kelly on 15:55 - Jan 18 by ed_83

Kelly tried to pull out of the challenge, but his momentum carried him into Bamford's path. Completely agree that Bamford was looking for it, was already in the air and had lost control of the ball, and that the ref was looking to even things up. But ultimately Kelly came in late and did make contact, so it's difficult to see it as completely unjustified, even if it was a very soft decision overall.

Either way that's not a criticism of Kelly, who I thought played excellently throughout... shouldn't let the penalty distract from that!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 15:58]

Agree with this, definite pen and poor decision by Kelly to come rushing out when he Bamford isn’t really going anywhere, yes Bamford was looking for it but 100% a pen as was the one Leeds didn’t get in the first half.
Man of the match kelly on 10:23 - Jan 19 with 1288 viewspaulparker

Man of the match kelly on 09:59 - Jan 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Of course.

Did I bang on about them until everyone’s ears bled? No.

I don’t know this forum wasn’t around then
But when you went to games did you tell your mates how crap ready was and point out he was a mistake ready to happen

Man of the match kelly on 10:24 - Jan 19 with 1286 viewsjohncharles

Man of the match kelly on 10:19 - Jan 19 by WestonsuperR

Agree with this, definite pen and poor decision by Kelly to come rushing out when he Bamford isn’t really going anywhere, yes Bamford was looking for it but 100% a pen as was the one Leeds didn’t get in the first half.

The referee was also looking for it.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024