Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking defending 20:58 - Jan 24 with 3550 viewswelwynranger

They fell asleep at the throw. Can't blame Lumley for that one
Cant see where a goal will come from with one up front picking up scraps
Shocking defending on 11:19 - Jan 25 with 712 viewsParkRoyalR

Lumley should have used his feet / done better but worth watching the highlights to see our right sided Centre Half and fans favourite BFG fail to react, cover his right back and turn his back on the shot, which was a bit odd.

BFG also ball watched for 1st and 2nd pass for their 2nd goal and his man was offered an unblocked run on goal taking 10 yards off him.

Still let's hang Jack Clarke out as we've been defending so well all season.
Shocking defending on 12:48 - Jan 25 with 620 viewsbosh67

Yes watching the first goal back Dom Ball is screaming at someone to pick the guy who scores up and then can't make it back in time. Not his fault. Kane simply didn't look behind him. Joe should have done better but the guy had all day to shoot.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Shocking defending on 12:49 - Jan 25 with 619 viewsNov77

Shocking defending on 10:29 - Jan 25 by NorthantsHoop

The shambles and lack of concentration for Wednesday's first goal sort of sums up our defensive weakness. Kane and Ball both asleep and Lumley struggles to get down low for the shot. A lot of goals he has conceded a all follow a similar pattern, beaten low and under the body.

To be honest we were lacklustre from the start and until BOS and Wells came on we looked as though we would go out with a whimper. One of the most frustrating home games to watch this season, almost followed the same pattern of the defeat to Portsmouth in the Carabou cup in August.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 10:30]

I’ve thought that for a while, his physiology doesn’t help, Lumley is quite lanky and it must be harder for him to get down to hard and low shots as quickly as other keepers that are unencumbered with that frame of his.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Shocking defending on 12:53 - Jan 25 with 613 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Shocking defending on 12:49 - Jan 25 by Nov77

I’ve thought that for a while, his physiology doesn’t help, Lumley is quite lanky and it must be harder for him to get down to hard and low shots as quickly as other keepers that are unencumbered with that frame of his.

No shame in saving with your feet. David de Gea has made a career from it.
Shocking defending on 13:26 - Jan 25 with 562 viewsGloucs_R

Just watched the goals again, it was awful defending but Lumley took forever and a day to get down to it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Shocking defending on 17:18 - Jan 25 with 447 viewsderbyhoop

Shocking defending on 08:57 - Jan 25 by supahoopsa

Strange, I thought Lumley looked very confident last night. Yes he will be very disappointed with the goal, should really have got something on the shot to block it. It was awkward for a tall keeper, but it went through him rather than under him. His reaction to the goal was a little strange, almost as if he felt it was inevitable.

He came out for a couple of crosses, made a good save at the end of the first half, holding the ball well and I thought his distribution was much better. As I said, I thought he looked pretty confident.

However, that one moment, that one goal cost the team again. As a memebr of the goal keeper union, it's a very difficult position to play in, one mistake costs a goal. Whereas look at the number of scuffed efforts on goal, misplaced passes, wrong decisions by the outfield players and they almost seem to go without the same levels of vitriol or criticism.

Amen to that.

Awful defending but keeper could have done better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shocking defending on 10:58 - Jan 26 with 323 viewsfrancisbowles

Don't think he can be blamed for either goal but I think he could have done better with both.

The first was difficult as it was very close to him and from close range but he should be doing better. The second was a great ball in but he should be further out trying to pressurise the attacker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024