Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just home and furious 22:51 - Jan 24 with 2988 viewskingo

Why did MW do the big interview this week and say how he respects the FA cup and then put out that team. Terrible team selection that did exactly what we all knew it would do. Only bright spot was Masterson and the subs.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Just home and furious on 22:55 - Jan 24 with 2922 viewsStanisgod

Spot on. Every time he does this we lose. Would have been better resting Eze and playing BOS who ripped them up when he came on. Only bad finishing let us down against a poor Wednesday team.
The joke is we had to play a day early for what? I would rather have won tonight and lost Tuesday which we probably will anyway.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just home and furious on 23:13 - Jan 24 with 2761 viewsted_hendrix

Without being disrespectful to Sheff Wed we missed a good chance of progressing tonight bloody disappointing result but as usual if anyone's gonna fck it up it'll be us.
*Shrug's shoulders*

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just home and furious on 23:14 - Jan 24 with 2738 viewskingo

I was outside when we scored and nobody out there was interested at all. I have a lot of time for MW usually, but I think he made a huge error tonight and disrespected the fans who went to LR.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 23:19]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Just home and furious on 23:15 - Jan 24 with 2723 viewsridethewave

Was an absolute disgrace by MW tonight. Let’s be clear, we are not going up, and we are not going down. We have absolutely nothing at all to play for this year, apart from a cup run. The manager has just shown the same utter contempt for the fans that every other before him has, and to achieve what exactly? A mid-table finish that we were already on course for... brilliant.

Why play Clarke? What has he (a loan player as well) done to justify coming straight into the team in a winnable game ahead of the likes of Shodipo?

Why play Lumley? How many mistakes do we need to sit through? Once again we’re a goal down because of an error by our keeper.

Why drop Bright? He’s been our best player these past few weeks, is on great form and can individually turn a game. So then, having not started him, why wait until the 65th minute to bring him on?

Just another piss-poor cup game. Bollocks to it.
Just home and furious on 23:16 - Jan 24 with 2713 views100percent

Here's my thoughts on tonight from the other thread on defending.....

Hit the nail on the head for me with the comment about losing potentially 250k possibly 500k.
Why play anyone but your first team when there is potential to make money and progress?
If you want to bed the likes of Clarke in - or play Pugh and Hugill, give them a game against Blackburn away - we never win there.
Tonight weds were there for the taking - a really average side. The fact he never took Clarke off earlier was almost cruel on the lad - he was having a terrible 2nd half and needed pulling with an arm around his shoulder and told he would have another go tuesday.
Christ knows whats happening to Manning too - half the player he was in the first part of the season.
And without ganging up on him, Lumley looks so out of sorts its untrue.
Play your best side and play to win - it becomes a habit.
Really missed a guilt opportunity to make some money and to keep team confidence going.
I really like warburton but he got that wrong tonight.
Just home and furious on 14:27 - Jan 25 with 2203 viewsT_Block

Agree.Not going up ,not going down.Cup was the only fun this year and initial team selection cost us.Wharburton made a mistake here and should own up.
Just home and furious on 17:21 - Jan 25 with 1930 viewsMatch82

Just home and furious on 14:27 - Jan 25 by T_Block

Agree.Not going up ,not going down.Cup was the only fun this year and initial team selection cost us.Wharburton made a mistake here and should own up.

Don't disagree that he made a mistake with the weaker team selection but what's he going to do at this point? If he comes out and says yeah sorry, I put a bunch of players in who weren't as good then what kind of message does that send to those players, who we might rely on later in the year (or next year)?

Given the choice between keeping the players motivated and keeping the fans happy he should take the first option all day long. Because ultimately we'll be happier as fans if QPR are more successful, which is more likely if we have a motivated squad.
Just home and furious on 17:56 - Jan 25 with 1857 viewswelwynranger

Just home and furious on 17:21 - Jan 25 by Match82

Don't disagree that he made a mistake with the weaker team selection but what's he going to do at this point? If he comes out and says yeah sorry, I put a bunch of players in who weren't as good then what kind of message does that send to those players, who we might rely on later in the year (or next year)?

Given the choice between keeping the players motivated and keeping the fans happy he should take the first option all day long. Because ultimately we'll be happier as fans if QPR are more successful, which is more likely if we have a motivated squad.

IMO. That is rubbish.
Any manager who loses the majority of games in a season , will get criticism from the fans.
But if he wins 5 games in the cup and gets to the final, the fans are very happy. 40000 at Wembley singing.
There only one ( insert managers name). How much better do the fans feel.
Login to get fewer ads

Just home and furious on 18:56 - Jan 25 with 1749 viewsMatch82

Just home and furious on 17:56 - Jan 25 by welwynranger

IMO. That is rubbish.
Any manager who loses the majority of games in a season , will get criticism from the fans.
But if he wins 5 games in the cup and gets to the final, the fans are very happy. 40000 at Wembley singing.
There only one ( insert managers name). How much better do the fans feel.

True, but not really my point. The point was that coming out now and saying "I should have picked a team of better players" would be incredibly counterproductive.

Should he have picked a better team? Yeah I think he should (although let's not pretend this was the same level of disrespect as previous managers have shown).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024