Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday 11:25 - Feb 11 with 5963 viewsBenSummer

https://bensummerwriting.wordpress.com/2020/02/10/shocker-qpr-twitter-is-overrea

Sure a lot of you will disagree and interesting to hear your thoughts! Still new to this sports writing lark and certainly nowhere near the untouchable standards of Mr Whittingham
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 10:22 - Feb 12 with 1211 viewsBenSummer

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 08:51 - Feb 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Mine was a general comment, Ben, certainly not a criticism of you.

Keep up the blogging!

I know and thanks - just wanted to make it clear that my references to Clive were in admiration and not an effort to compare myself to him
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 13:05 - Feb 12 with 1137 viewsStanFan

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 08:33 - Feb 12 by Northernr

Ah do you know what fck it I'm not rising to that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Unbelievable. Well done for showing restraint.

Like others have said in this thread, you are the best sports journalist I have read and I'm so glad that you are writing about my club.

Keep up the good work and be aware that your work is much appreciated.
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 13:18 - Feb 12 with 1116 viewsbob566

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 23:47 - Feb 11 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Exactly.

Mr Whittingham has to make a living apparently and you don't do that by writing sensible balanced reports. Something to remember if you turn pro. Heaven forbid.

have to disagree. I love his style of writing.

I'm not sure as i don't personally know Clive but isn't this more of a labour of love for him? I think he runs this at pretty much a loss or break even at best.
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 22:52 - Feb 12 with 1010 viewsCiderwithRsie

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 13:18 - Feb 12 by bob566

have to disagree. I love his style of writing.

I'm not sure as i don't personally know Clive but isn't this more of a labour of love for him? I think he runs this at pretty much a loss or break even at best.

This site and its predecessors have been going for over ten years to my knowledge and IIRC northernr was teenager when he started it. That's a lot of hard yakka in my book and for me, as an exile, it's my main way of keeping in touch with the club.

I doubt it makes a lot of money but you know what, if it does good luck to him. Hard work, dedication and skill (and the match reports here are very skilfully written) bloody well ought to be rewarded. If there's money in it that'd be good thing, not a bad one.
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 23:07 - Feb 12 with 988 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 22:52 - Feb 12 by CiderwithRsie

This site and its predecessors have been going for over ten years to my knowledge and IIRC northernr was teenager when he started it. That's a lot of hard yakka in my book and for me, as an exile, it's my main way of keeping in touch with the club.

I doubt it makes a lot of money but you know what, if it does good luck to him. Hard work, dedication and skill (and the match reports here are very skilfully written) bloody well ought to be rewarded. If there's money in it that'd be good thing, not a bad one.

Seconded.

Class reports and analysis in general. I know the last thing i'd want to do after getting BITG 6-0 at Brentford or Fulham is write 1000 words about it.

Not sure where those comments came from, but at the very least a bit fcking rude.
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 23:28 - Feb 12 with 963 viewsAntti_Heinola

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 22:52 - Feb 12 by CiderwithRsie

said it before, if Clive did a Patreon for all his work, I would gladly pay more than a subscription to the Athletic for that alone.

Bare bones.

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 01:50 - Feb 13 with 947 viewsjtuck

Ben...'floundering' and 'clumsy' were good adjectives for Hughill and upbeat tone made the piece very readable.

Watching Swansea game from afar on ESPN + the commentator mentioned that the only one of the team that cost a transfer fee was Kelly and that was 50 grand. When you put it like that....

As to Clive, he is far better than many professional football writers and can also talk about the game very well as heard regularly on the Fraser/Finney. podcast.

LAranger

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 08:06 - Feb 13 with 895 viewsWokingR

Teenager my @rse !
Have you seen him lately ?
He's got to be mid sixties at least.
Login to get fewer ads

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 10:28 - Feb 13 with 861 viewsCiderwithRsie

Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 08:06 - Feb 13 by WokingR

Teenager my @rse !
Have you seen him lately ?
He's got to be mid sixties at least.

Years spent going to every Rangers game home and away, and then having to think about it afterwards, are like dog years, you have to multiply them up by seven or something.
Shocker: QPR Twitter has got it wrong again. Some silver linings from Saturday on 10:56 - Feb 13 with 839 viewsMetallica_Hoop

More like 20 years.

I've been posting here since 2003 (....F....U....C......)

Clive was here (i'm pretty sure) then and the reports were still top notch.

There was a long thread about about a play-off coach and Cakes...

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024