Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coll Donaldson 13:24 - Mar 8 with 2264 viewsGloucs_R

Remember him? As a club, we are a million miles away from when he was here.... It could have been so different for him....I feel quite sorry for him, clearly poorly managed.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/coll-donaldson-admits

Poll: Are we staying up?

Coll Donaldson on 13:33 - Mar 8 with 2202 viewsEsox_Lucius

I saw him make his debut up at Barnsley and Michael Petrasso came on as a sub too IIRC. It was near the end of the season, I think we won and Donaldson didn't really stand out, although Petrasso did.

The grass is always greener.

Coll Donaldson on 13:37 - Mar 8 with 2180 viewsTacticalR

The wrong move, for all sorts of reasons. It sounds like he's getting back on track.

Air hostess clique

Coll Donaldson on 13:45 - Mar 8 with 2147 viewsBenny_the_Ball

No offence to player or club but he's 24 now and he's at Ross County so he's hardly pulled up trees in the 5 years since he left QPR. Still I agree that he was pretty much discarded by Redknapp when QPR were promoted to the Premier League. He may have stood a better chance of developing under the current regime but I doubt he would've flourished here as he was unhappy with life in London and missed home. No matter how talented you are, if you're fundamentally unhappy in your personal life it's tough to succeed at work.
Coll Donaldson on 13:56 - Mar 8 with 2098 viewsGloucs_R

Coll Donaldson on 13:45 - Mar 8 by Benny_the_Ball

No offence to player or club but he's 24 now and he's at Ross County so he's hardly pulled up trees in the 5 years since he left QPR. Still I agree that he was pretty much discarded by Redknapp when QPR were promoted to the Premier League. He may have stood a better chance of developing under the current regime but I doubt he would've flourished here as he was unhappy with life in London and missed home. No matter how talented you are, if you're fundamentally unhappy in your personal life it's tough to succeed at work.

But look at the players who were around at the time in comparison to the young squad we've got now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Coll Donaldson on 14:08 - Mar 8 with 2036 viewsDavieQPR

He is 24 and already at his 5th club could point to a bit of an attitude problem.
Coll Donaldson on 16:10 - Mar 8 with 1724 viewsnix

Coll Donaldson on 14:08 - Mar 8 by DavieQPR

He is 24 and already at his 5th club could point to a bit of an attitude problem.

I saw him play for the u23s and he was noticeably off the pace and out of position. And I don't normally notice defenders. It makes sense if he wasn't focusing on improving his game.

Attitude is fundamental to progressing in our youth set up from what I can see. Which is why our youth players can hit the ground running.
Coll Donaldson on 17:03 - Mar 8 with 1607 viewskarl

Coll Donaldson on 16:10 - Mar 8 by nix

I saw him play for the u23s and he was noticeably off the pace and out of position. And I don't normally notice defenders. It makes sense if he wasn't focusing on improving his game.

Attitude is fundamental to progressing in our youth set up from what I can see. Which is why our youth players can hit the ground running.

He was a strange signing really. He's basically a 2nd tier Scottish league standard, squad filler at SPL level.
Never saw anything of him to suggest he was going to be a higher level player so that's the strange aspect, in light of today's revelation perhaps this was Harry being charitable to a lost soul?
Coll Donaldson on 18:30 - Mar 8 with 1434 viewsCheshireR

I saw him play at Arbroath for Inverness earlier this season. He was the most composed defender on show that day despite being on the wrong end of a 3.0 defeat.
Good to see him subsequently getting a move up a level to Scottish Premier Ross County.
Login to get fewer ads

Coll Donaldson on 23:58 - Mar 8 with 1127 viewstimcocking

Poorly managed? Redknapp? Surely not?

I'd bet Redknapp spent hour upon hour trying to develop the young lad. We all know Harry was a workaholic and lived for that youth team. No way he's just going to sign five replacements and forget all about him*.

Redknapp you bloody useless waste of space.

Ps On a serious note, i don't like the way it says at the start Scotland's great hope until he went to QPR. Blames it on us. Yes, under Redknapp he was probably doomed, but says himself he didn't like it, didn't care enough, didn't try or want it enough. That's not QPR's fault.

Sounds like he needed more support off the pitch to flourish and there was insufficient off-field support, which would be entirely predictable. No point trying to make new signings feel comfortable now, is there? We're really slow off the mark with things like that in English football. Thick dinosaurs in charge still.

* I'm assuming i don't need to bother pointing out that was sarcasm?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024