Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the season gets cancelled....? 08:34 - Mar 13 with 10991 viewsthame_hoops

If say, the championship season gets cancelled, what do you think would happen with promotion/relegation etc?

Would Leeds be champions and charlton, Luton and Barnsley be relegated?

Or;

Would the season be null and void and restart in August?

Discuss....
If the season gets cancelled....? on 13:54 - Mar 19 with 886 viewsloftboy

Ban now extended until April 30th, won’t leave much time to get it done and dusted if next season is to start on time. Can’t see it happening myself.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:17 - Mar 19 with 826 viewsfrancisbowles

If the season gets cancelled....? on 13:54 - Mar 19 by loftboy

Ban now extended until April 30th, won’t leave much time to get it done and dusted if next season is to start on time. Can’t see it happening myself.

Even if it's August, they must finish the season. Maybe have a short break/transfer window and start a shortened new season in say November. As I suggested earlier divide the divisions in half and then have some sort of playoffs for final positions. The two first placed teams in each sub division play each other for Champions and runnersup all the way down to the bottom of each sub division playing each other. Then have the Cup competitions as time permits. They could even overlap the Euros if necessary, just without the called up players.

I know there are all sorts of issues, loss of revenue, contracts, european places etc but these can be debated by the clubs.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 14:19]
If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:23 - Mar 19 with 809 viewsNorthernr

Warburton called it exactly right the other night on Sky. There has to be some 'pain' somewhere and some compromise at some point.
His suggestion was you basically freeze the sport, and then once you have a start date you add whatever amount of time it's been to everything. So if we've been off for three months then all the contracts that expire JUne 30 get three months added, the transfer window moves three months, the start of next season moves three months, everything moves three months. Get this season finished, whenever that may be.

Then you decide how you get back onto our usual cycle of August to May. Do we have a short season of play each other once? Do we utilise that Qatar World Cup in someway? You decide where that 'pain' is to come down the line, but most important thing now is you finish this season, be that in 3, 6, 9, 12 months or whatever.

Actually made me quite proud that he's ours watching him. By far the most intelligent, straight talking, reasonable and sensible voice I've heard on all this so far.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:24 - Mar 19 with 804 viewsMick_S

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:23 - Mar 19 by Northernr

Warburton called it exactly right the other night on Sky. There has to be some 'pain' somewhere and some compromise at some point.
His suggestion was you basically freeze the sport, and then once you have a start date you add whatever amount of time it's been to everything. So if we've been off for three months then all the contracts that expire JUne 30 get three months added, the transfer window moves three months, the start of next season moves three months, everything moves three months. Get this season finished, whenever that may be.

Then you decide how you get back onto our usual cycle of August to May. Do we have a short season of play each other once? Do we utilise that Qatar World Cup in someway? You decide where that 'pain' is to come down the line, but most important thing now is you finish this season, be that in 3, 6, 9, 12 months or whatever.

Actually made me quite proud that he's ours watching him. By far the most intelligent, straight talking, reasonable and sensible voice I've heard on all this so far.

He was very impressive and that's without my Rangers goggles on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:27 - Mar 19 with 795 views2Thomas2Bowles

As long as we are in the play-offs with Remy I can wait.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If the season gets cancelled....? on 15:40 - Mar 19 with 710 viewsrrrspricey

What, and spoil everyone's fun laughing at the scallys and dirty Lids?

Fcuk em, just cancel it and bring some joy to the masses at such a trying time.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:54 - Mar 20 with 610 viewsGloryHunter

Cancel the stupid international breaks and the stupid Qatar World Cup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024