Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the season gets cancelled....? 08:34 - Mar 13 with 10992 viewsthame_hoops

If say, the championship season gets cancelled, what do you think would happen with promotion/relegation etc?

Would Leeds be champions and charlton, Luton and Barnsley be relegated?

Or;

Would the season be null and void and restart in August?

Discuss....
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:23 - Mar 13 with 2741 viewsMick_S

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51870540

UEFA suspend European competitions.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:25]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:25 - Mar 13 with 2724 viewsMaggsinho

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:23 - Mar 13 by Mick_S

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51870540

UEFA suspend European competitions.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 10:25]

Ligue One has been suspended this morning too.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 2711 viewsLongsufferingR

If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:50 - Mar 13 by PlanetHonneywood

If it’s the latter option, I suspect WBA, Leeds, and the three clubs in Division One would sue.

If the former option were to happen, I suspect Charlton, Luton and t’Barnsley would sue.

I suspect what will likely happen is what happened back in the day; bunch the games up and play them in quick succession. I think we might see more BCD games and players expected to isolate more and come out for games.

However if the virus continues unabated and results in the 2020 Euros being significantly delayed, then it’s going to play havoc with plans to accommodate the winter World Cup in 2022.

"..players expected to isolate more and come out for games...."

How on earth will that help, asking players to live alone and then express their homosexuality on the pitch?
If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:28 - Mar 13 with 2696 viewsMaggsinho

Here we go. Right decision

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:36 - Mar 13 with 2648 viewsDWQPR

England cricket tour to Sri Lanka has just been cancelled. FFS

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

If the season gets cancelled....? on 12:44 - Mar 13 with 2416 viewssmegma

If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:52 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, the first thing they should do is bring the League trophy to Anfield, put it on a table in front of all their fans, grab a mike and say "Well, we were going to give you this trophy and make you champions, we really were, buuuuuut..."

Or just say "here's what you could have won folks!"
If the season gets cancelled....? on 12:46 - Mar 13 with 2400 viewsMick_S

I'm not looking forward to the banners.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

If the season gets cancelled....? on 12:53 - Mar 13 with 2343 viewsjohnhoop

If the season gets cancelled....? on 10:36 - Mar 13 by DWQPR

England cricket tour to Sri Lanka has just been cancelled. FFS

Was in Sri Lanka until two weeks ago. There was only one Coronavirus case on the whole island. Apparently the team are relieved because most of them wanted the tour canceled due to worries about the virus but they’d be in far more danger if they returned to England. On the other hand the Sri Lankans might feel relieved that they aren’t going to have thousands of English cricket supporters potentially bringing the virus to the island. But tourism has been so badly affected by last Easter’s terrorist attacks they might have felt the boost from tourist spending was worth the risk.
Login to get fewer ads

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:24 - Mar 13 with 2214 viewsCamberleyR

If the season gets cancelled....? on 08:52 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, the first thing they should do is bring the League trophy to Anfield, put it on a table in front of all their fans, grab a mike and say "Well, we were going to give you this trophy and make you champions, we really were, buuuuuut..."

[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 14:27]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:44 - Mar 13 with 2152 viewsjoe90

I think they should have a one day, winner takes all 5-aside tournament. Each Championship club enters.

First three teams to get knocked out are relegated from the Championship. Finalist both get promoted, with the winner obviously crowned champions and getting the league trophy. A play off for the third spot and it's sorted.

Failing that, the only other fair way to decide, as someone else mentioned, is according to form over the last 6 games. No other choice.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 14:46]
If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:56 - Mar 13 with 2115 viewsRANGERS4EVER

like it or not its sadly the right decision. No idea what happens now though. Either they postpone until summer and play it in summer and cancel the Euros, or they start afresh next season, but in my opinion it would have to start with teams getting a head start/base the start of where we finished. For example the bottom club starts with 0 points, and all the teams above start with the points they are away from bottom, so the championship would start like this:

1 Leeds Utd - 37
2 West Brom - 36
3 Fulham - 30
4 Brentford - 26
5 Nottm Forest - 26
6 Preston- 22
7 Bristol City- 21
8 Millwall- 20
9 Cardiff City - 20
10 Blackburn- 19
11 Swansea City- 19
12 Derby County - 17
13 QPR - 16
14 Reading - 14
15 Sheffield Wed - 14
16 Birmingham City - 13
17 Stoke City - 8
18 Huddersfield- 8
19 Middlesbrough - 7
20 Wigan Athletic - 7
21 Hull City - 7
22 Charlton - 5
23 Luton Town - 1
24 Barnsley - 0

Sounds mental i know but would mean no ramming in of games, and teams still get a head start. Would never happen though
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 14:57]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:58 - Mar 13 with 2106 viewsMytch_QPR

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:44 - Mar 13 by joe90

I think they should have a one day, winner takes all 5-aside tournament. Each Championship club enters.

First three teams to get knocked out are relegated from the Championship. Finalist both get promoted, with the winner obviously crowned champions and getting the league trophy. A play off for the third spot and it's sorted.

Failing that, the only other fair way to decide, as someone else mentioned, is according to form over the last 6 games. No other choice.

We could always have the mascots race instead...

Look like our Jude didn't fare too well...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

If the season gets cancelled....? on 15:02 - Mar 13 with 2082 viewsthemodfather

i said on a thread a while back, we all must do what we can to stop leeds going up, didn't think it would need a world wide flu to do it.
stay safe .
If the season gets cancelled....? on 15:10 - Mar 13 with 2035 views2Thomas2Bowles

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:56 - Mar 13 by RANGERS4EVER

like it or not its sadly the right decision. No idea what happens now though. Either they postpone until summer and play it in summer and cancel the Euros, or they start afresh next season, but in my opinion it would have to start with teams getting a head start/base the start of where we finished. For example the bottom club starts with 0 points, and all the teams above start with the points they are away from bottom, so the championship would start like this:

1 Leeds Utd - 37
2 West Brom - 36
3 Fulham - 30
4 Brentford - 26
5 Nottm Forest - 26
6 Preston- 22
7 Bristol City- 21
8 Millwall- 20
9 Cardiff City - 20
10 Blackburn- 19
11 Swansea City- 19
12 Derby County - 17
13 QPR - 16
14 Reading - 14
15 Sheffield Wed - 14
16 Birmingham City - 13
17 Stoke City - 8
18 Huddersfield- 8
19 Middlesbrough - 7
20 Wigan Athletic - 7
21 Hull City - 7
22 Charlton - 5
23 Luton Town - 1
24 Barnsley - 0

Sounds mental i know but would mean no ramming in of games, and teams still get a head start. Would never happen though
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 14:57]

Rock Paper Scissors?
Maybe to close a contact

Play out the season on FIFA, one player from each club. live tv.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 15:11]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If the season gets cancelled....? on 15:11 - Mar 13 with 2038 viewsthame_hoops

If the season gets cancelled....? on 15:02 - Mar 13 by themodfather

i said on a thread a while back, we all must do what we can to stop leeds going up, didn't think it would need a world wide flu to do it.
stay safe .

If the season gets cancelled....? on 15:54 - Mar 13 with 1944 viewsitsbiga

It all gets settled by Subutteo as per the EFL rules.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

If the season gets cancelled....? on 16:16 - Mar 13 with 1911 viewsClive_Anderson

I wonder if Bury can come back in the league as technically they wouldn't have missed any games.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 16:33 - Mar 13 with 1860 viewsTacticalR

If the season gets cancelled....? on 14:44 - Mar 13 by joe90

The trophy to be called the Coronavirus Cup.

Air hostess clique

If the season gets cancelled....? on 18:54 - Mar 13 with 1762 viewsswitchingcode

Cancel and start again next season
If the season gets cancelled....? on 18:59 - Mar 13 with 1747 viewsloftus77

If the season gets cancelled....? on 18:54 - Mar 13 by switchingcode

Cancel and start again next season

Shame for Griffin Park, no?
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:29 - Mar 14 with 1579 viewsswitchingcode

If the season gets cancelled....? on 18:59 - Mar 13 by loftus77

Shame for Griffin Park, no?

Yes gutted that I watched unknowingly the last game at GP last Saturday and the possibility of getting promoted through the play offs now unlikely (although not that bothered on that front).Who knows what lies ahead as there is 9 games minimum to fit in and the predictions of a May peak in this Virus playing these looks unlikely.I will be sad not to bid farewell to GP,not so much to the dump it is and has been for the last 30 years but for the memories over 50 plus seasons.
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:35 - Mar 14 with 1566 viewsLythamR

unless the season gets completed with the remaining fixtures getting played then however it is resolved the Lawyers are going to be very busy

Player contracts run out end of June so I imagine that has to be the ultimate cut of point for completing the season (including play off finals)
If the season gets cancelled....? on 09:45 - Mar 14 with 1543 views2Thomas2Bowles

Tranmere asking supporters to buy ST's for next season now also community tickets for less well off just to get money in the bank.

I think the community tickets are given out by the club.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 9:47]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If the season gets cancelled....? on 11:20 - Mar 14 with 1434 viewsthame_hoops

DM reporting and idea is for Liverpool to win, Leeds and baggies promoted, no relegation this season
but then a 22 team EPL with 5 teams relegated next season
If the season gets cancelled....? on 11:22 - Mar 14 with 1426 viewsstevec

They’re now talking on Sky about WBA and Leeds being promoted to a 22 team PL next season.

Can’t imagine they’d be having the same conversation if Brentford and Preston were top two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024