Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) 07:13 - Mar 18 with 4772 viewsPhildo

Following Clive's advice on the Corona thead

Who was the first player you idolised as a kid? Not the best or the most memorable but the one who caught your attention as a youngster

I will start with Steve Wicks

Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 00:33 - Mar 21 with 764 viewstimcocking

Glenn Hoddle was brilliant. Makes players like...let's say Jordan Henderson or Jack Wilshere, Grealish, look like sunday league boys in comparison. Ossie Ardilles too.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 0:34]
Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 09:44 - Mar 21 with 726 viewsDylanP

Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 20:28 - Mar 20 by BlackCrowe

Stan and peter eastoe

Peter Eastoe!!! No offense, but the man was a fckin liability. He would fall over every time he got into the box! Me and my Dad would always joke about it on the way to matches (how many times will he fall over in the box today?) and grumble about it one the way home (I can't believe how many times he fell over in the box)

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 14:56 - Mar 21 with 701 viewsJuzzie

For me it was pretty much all of them around and after the 1982 Div 2 promotion team. My first season watching QPR and we won it.

Hucker, Neil, Dawes, Gregory, Wickes, Waddock, Sealey, Stainrod, Allen, Fenwick, Hazell, McDonald, Fereday, Roeder, Micklewhite, Flanagan.... they were all great.
Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 14:39 - Mar 22 with 638 viewsfrancisbowles

Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 14:56 - Mar 21 by Juzzie

For me it was pretty much all of them around and after the 1982 Div 2 promotion team. My first season watching QPR and we won it.

Hucker, Neil, Dawes, Gregory, Wickes, Waddock, Sealey, Stainrod, Allen, Fenwick, Hazell, McDonald, Fereday, Roeder, Micklewhite, Flanagan.... they were all great.

I'd forgotten just what a selection of cbs we had to choose from that season:- Hazell, Wicks, Roerder, Fenwick and young Alan McDonald.
Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 15:36 - Mar 22 with 612 viewsngbqpr

Rangers - Dave Thomas

Non Rangers - Duncan Mckenzie

England (non-Rangers) - Colin Bell

International - Jairzinho

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Favourite player as a young boy (or girl) on 16:26 - Mar 22 with 590 viewsMonahoop

R's - Stan Bowles
Non R's - Martin Chivers
Non league - Peter Medhurst. A steady consistently good player [ or so it seemed to me] with my old home team Horsham FC. Scored a few too.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024