Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth 07:41 - May 7 with 2558 viewsHastings_Hoops

Just because I haven’t posted for a while. Which of the above ‘qpr goals of the season’ wins it for you?

1) Wegerle at Leeds (top flight opposition, but regardless of Wegerle’s brilliance - it was terrible defending!)?

2) Sinclair v Barnsley (unstoppable but lower quality opposition than Wegerle’s goal)

3) Ainsworth v Rushden & Diamonds (much poorer opposition, but he did it twice and there would have been little that Real Madrid could have done to stop them).
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 18:03 - May 7 with 769 viewsloftboy

Wegerle s was the only one of the three I witnessed live, so for that reason it gets my vote.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 18:19 - May 7 with 754 viewsHastings_Hoops

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 18:03 - May 7 by loftboy

Wegerle s was the only one of the three I witnessed live, so for that reason it gets my vote.

Voting has ended. Sinclair’s the winner. Results have been declared.
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 23:05 - May 16 with 666 viewsNoelmc

On tonight’s MOTD prequel, Ian Wright & Shearer were picking their top 10 goals of the PL era (incl FA Cup). Wright had Sinclair as number 5 with Shearer selecting it as runner up, with both placing Bergkamp v Newcastle as No 1.

High praise for tricky Trev from a couple of players who knew a thing or two about goals!

City v the R’s from 2012 on now.
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 23:20 - May 16 with 652 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 23:05 - May 16 by Noelmc

On tonight’s MOTD prequel, Ian Wright & Shearer were picking their top 10 goals of the PL era (incl FA Cup). Wright had Sinclair as number 5 with Shearer selecting it as runner up, with both placing Bergkamp v Newcastle as No 1.

High praise for tricky Trev from a couple of players who knew a thing or two about goals!

I was watching the Sinclair goal earlier today (again)

His footwork before the strike. I can't describe it.

Truly great goal.

[Post edited 16 May 2020 23:21]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 01:37 - May 17 with 602 viewsbob566

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 23:05 - May 16 by Noelmc

I was going to post this. No arguments with Bergkamp beating it. Bergkamp was a delight to watch.
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 02:13 - May 17 with 594 viewstimcocking

Wegerle and Sinclair, i just can't choose between the two.
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 08:32 - May 17 with 563 viewsPunteR

Sinclairs not only the best QPR goals ever but its also one of THE best goals ever. Its not about the opposition imo, that goal would have taken out every defender going. Unbelievable effort.
Loved Wegerles goal as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 08:40 - May 17 with 555 viewsPunteR

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 09:33 - May 7 by Esox_Lucius

I feel it is also important not to forget Scowen's goal of the season just before he left. He was disliked by a lot of the fans by the end and was viciously attacked on social media so it will have been forgotten by most by now, unforgiveably IMO.

Shame about Scowen. Really thought he would be the midfielder we've been missing for years. A scallywag that mixes it up, works hard and gets the ball to our creative players. A young Derry or Holloway even. Seemed to drop his head once Holloway left and MacClaren took charge.

Login to get fewer ads

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 11:21 - May 17 with 499 viewsHamptonR

I get quite vexed when people, experts, place Ryan Giggs FA Cup goal against Man U as being better than Trevor’s overhead wonder goal.
Giggs beat Lee Dixon twice in the same move and Seamen was never wonderful at his near post or from great distance for that matter.
The reason often given is the occasion but if a two-yard tap in wins a trophy, is it better than a 40 yard screamer straight off the laces?
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 15:43 - May 17 with 468 viewsMatch82

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 11:21 - May 17 by HamptonR

I get quite vexed when people, experts, place Ryan Giggs FA Cup goal against Man U as being better than Trevor’s overhead wonder goal.
Giggs beat Lee Dixon twice in the same move and Seamen was never wonderful at his near post or from great distance for that matter.
The reason often given is the occasion but if a two-yard tap in wins a trophy, is it better than a 40 yard screamer straight off the laces?

Not premier league but if you're giving weight to occasion then zidanes in the champions league final in 2002 has to be the one to beat surely?
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 15:46 - May 17 with 467 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 15:43 - May 17 by Match82

Not premier league but if you're giving weight to occasion then zidanes in the champions league final in 2002 has to be the one to beat surely?

Good shout.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 16:00 - May 17 with 460 viewsHamptonR

I was arguing against occasion but Bale 2018 v Liverpool was pretty tasty.
Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 17:08 - May 17 with 429 viewsPunteR

Was that the one where the ball seemed like it was dropped from a crane 200ft in the air and he volleyed it?. Good goal that one. Rooneys effort he shinned it. Ibrahimovich's volley was a bit hit and hope.

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 19:17 - May 17 with 407 viewsMatch82

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 17:08 - May 17 by PunteR

Was that the one where the ball seemed like it was dropped from a crane 200ft in the air and he volleyed it?. Good goal that one. Rooneys effort he shinned it. Ibrahimovich's volley was a bit hit and hope.

That's the one. Unbelievable technique. Not a patch on trev's though

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 19:19 - May 17 with 401 viewsMatch82

Wegerle v Sinclair v Ainsworth on 16:00 - May 17 by HamptonR

I was arguing against occasion but Bale 2018 v Liverpool was pretty tasty.

I tend to agree with you in most cases, like Sinclair or even Ainsworth. With something like Wegerle the standard of opposition probably does have an impact on how good it was, though in that case too Leeds were no pushovers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024