Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico 10:43 - Jul 3 with 9292 viewsWelsh_Ranger

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/youngsters-commit-futures-to-qpr/

Good news, lets see how a few of them develop, didn't realise that Duncan was 21. Kendall is meant to be a good prospect upfront?
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 23:55 - Jul 3 with 2262 viewssmegma

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:40 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Charley Kendall is the one isn't he Bosh? Just been waiting for a 'new Clive Allen' comparison from your good self before I get the shirt printed up.

The last two seasons have been a mare for Charley on the injury front, hopefully the next year will see him return to his best, which is scoring on a regular basis. A natural goal scorer not seen at youth level since the days of Kevin Gallen over 25 years ago.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 04:32 - Jul 4 with 2192 viewsHooparoo

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 23:55 - Jul 3 by smegma

The last two seasons have been a mare for Charley on the injury front, hopefully the next year will see him return to his best, which is scoring on a regular basis. A natural goal scorer not seen at youth level since the days of Kevin Gallen over 25 years ago.

Sounds like a great prospect. You’re the man when it comes to the 23s Smeg so if that’s your opinion then that’s good enough for me. Gallen was always a favourite of mine.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2020 4:33]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 09:54 - Jul 4 with 2098 viewsWelsh_Ranger

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 23:55 - Jul 3 by smegma

Smeg, I've always read your updates on the U23's with interest, its one thing the website/club don't do that well is profiling the young and upcoming and match reports from those games but its understandable to a certain extent.

I know that a lot there are a lot of dependables/variables but who are we looking out for from this current crop - i've heard of Franklin Domi(FB) Amrit Bansal-McNulty, Themis Kefalas and Gubbins/Kendall/Betattche.

Also Smeg is Eze's younger brother still with the 18s?

Sorry for all the questions.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 10:28 - Jul 4 with 2060 viewssmegma

Of those players in the article, I feel Orafu , Gubbins, Bansal-McNulty, Bettache, Carlyle, Domi And Woollard-Innocent have a the best chance of making the grade. The latter three players all went to school together and the majority of the players in the article have played together for about 5 years so know each other’s game inside out.

Yes Ezes younger brother is still with the under 18s unless the club says otherwise.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 10:34 - Jul 4 with 2044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 10:28 - Jul 4 by smegma

Of those players in the article, I feel Orafu , Gubbins, Bansal-McNulty, Bettache, Carlyle, Domi And Woollard-Innocent have a the best chance of making the grade. The latter three players all went to school together and the majority of the players in the article have played together for about 5 years so know each other’s game inside out.

Yes Ezes younger brother is still with the under 18s unless the club says otherwise.

Good info as ever. Thanks man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 12:38 - Jul 4 with 1953 viewsE17hoop

Scoring great goals does not a great goalscorer make.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 12:42 - Jul 4 with 1938 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 12:38 - Jul 4 by E17hoop

Scoring great goals does not a great goalscorer make.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 13:28 - Jul 4 with 1891 viewsphilc

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:48 - Jul 3 by Hooparoo

If they’ve extended Hamaleinen’s contract maybe he’s our left back for Sunday. Be interested to see if he’s improved getting kicked by Scots as Kakay seems to have done. Warnock will likely play 4-4-2 so we’ll need four at the back to counter.

This makes me think that maybe Manning is not expected to be with us next season.
Login to get fewer ads

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 15:17 - Jul 4 with 1819 viewsWelsh_Ranger

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 13:28 - Jul 4 by philc

This makes me think that maybe Manning is not expected to be with us next season.

Isn't it him and Bright that have a year left on their contract? In all likely hood they will sell or risk loosing for free? Although I think from what I have seen Wallace's better days are behind him.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 15:32 - Jul 4 with 1788 viewsfrancisbowles

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:48 - Jul 3 by Hooparoo

If they’ve extended Hamaleinen’s contract maybe he’s our left back for Sunday. Be interested to see if he’s improved getting kicked by Scots as Kakay seems to have done. Warnock will likely play 4-4-2 so we’ll need four at the back to counter.

He made 32 first team appearances in the SPL and scored 2 goals getting very good reviews and has 1 full international cap for Finland.

Kakay made 14 first team appearances in the Scottish Championship with 1 goal, albeit in half a season.

So based on that Nico should be a better prospect.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:23 - Jul 4 with 1734 viewsrsonist

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 15:32 - Jul 4 by francisbowles

He made 32 first team appearances in the SPL and scored 2 goals getting very good reviews and has 1 full international cap for Finland.

Kakay made 14 first team appearances in the Scottish Championship with 1 goal, albeit in half a season.

So based on that Nico should be a better prospect.

It may be that being played on the right side of a centre back three brings Kakay on leaps and bounds. It's more forgiving in some ways than a classic RB/CB role while also allowing for an inbetweener skillset to develop. Mason Holgate at Everton is one that convinced at neither early on but has become a £30m international prospect seemingly overnight (and now excels in a four).
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:32 - Jul 4 with 1714 viewsrsonist

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:51 - Jul 3 by BrianMcCarthy

This is the best era of underage coaching and scouting we've had since the early 90's. The improvement is incredible. Surely that's because our coaches and scouts have raised expectations enormously.

Re expectations, while I don't agree with McIntyre saying the whole thing is a PR mirage, it's worth keeping in mind this is the best era for us . The majority of clubs in this division and several below have more productive academies, partly due to catchment area and less local competition, and partly to just being more established with better facilities.

The advantage we do have though is in the commitment to and clarity of pathway to the first team. Even the very best youth system can only ever do so much until its products actually get proper games.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 17:27 - Jul 4 with 1670 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:32 - Jul 4 by rsonist

Re expectations, while I don't agree with McIntyre saying the whole thing is a PR mirage, it's worth keeping in mind this is the best era for us . The majority of clubs in this division and several below have more productive academies, partly due to catchment area and less local competition, and partly to just being more established with better facilities.

The advantage we do have though is in the commitment to and clarity of pathway to the first team. Even the very best youth system can only ever do so much until its products actually get proper games.

Yes, agree completely.

I think our will get better too. Ramsey recently said that the plan is only 50% done at this moment.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 11:09 - Jul 5 with 1562 viewsrsonist

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 16:23 - Jul 4 by rsonist

It may be that being played on the right side of a centre back three brings Kakay on leaps and bounds. It's more forgiving in some ways than a classic RB/CB role while also allowing for an inbetweener skillset to develop. Mason Holgate at Everton is one that convinced at neither early on but has become a £30m international prospect seemingly overnight (and now excels in a four).

Retrospectively yellow carding myself for not thinking of Paul Parker first.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 11:43 - Jul 5 with 1529 viewsfrancisbowles

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 11:09 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Retrospectively yellow carding myself for not thinking of Paul Parker first.

Yes good points Rsonist. Be interesting to see how many chances he gets there, as MW prefers a 4231.

Be interesting to see the side today. If Masterson is fit, will we put him in instead of Cameron, move Cameron into midfield instead of Amos or revert to a back four with Rangel or Kakay at RB and bringing Chair back in?

With BOS maybe doubtful, will we try and tighten up and go 4141, in an effort to grind out a favourable result, with Chair and Eze on the outside of Amos and Ball and Cameron behind them?
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 12:00 - Jul 5 with 1516 viewsMedwayR

I wonder if we'll try 3 at the back again. 3-4-3 with Manning/Hamalianen on the left, Kane on the right which suits their games better, Wallace covering Barbet at LCB, Kakay covering at RCB. 2 from Eze/Chair/BOS/Smyth playing either side of a CF. It could work.

Poll: Who’s better?

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 12:18 - Jul 5 with 1503 viewsWrightUp5hit___

It's not going to be any sophisticated stuff today from Warnock, muck and nettles all the way
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 12:38 - Jul 5 with 1473 viewsBoston

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 20:56 - Jul 3 by Welsh_Ranger

He can't play as he was on a season long loan.

Scottish season is over though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 13:50 - Jul 5 with 1437 viewsWelsh_Ranger

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 12:38 - Jul 5 by Boston

Scottish season is over though.

Hi Boston, simply put the way I understand it even in these odd times - these games class as the same season as the Scottish league even though it has now finished. In normal circumstances he wouldn't be available because he'd be playing for his loan club.

I read that the only way a loan player could play is if we had no other player at the club who had ever played LB
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:01 - Jul 5 with 1419 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 13:50 - Jul 5 by Welsh_Ranger

Hi Boston, simply put the way I understand it even in these odd times - these games class as the same season as the Scottish league even though it has now finished. In normal circumstances he wouldn't be available because he'd be playing for his loan club.

I read that the only way a loan player could play is if we had no other player at the club who had ever played LB

We can only register players in the Summer or January. So with those players being on loan we obviously didn't register them as their loan clubs did.

Clive has found out that these lads can now play for us but only if we have no fit players in their position eg. Dieng.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 14:24 - Jul 5 with 1401 viewsrsonist

Weekly frustrations aside if we can come through this spell having escaped a miraculous relegation and with some degree of certainty (that we might not have gained otherwise) about Kakay and Masterson as first team prospects, plus the likes of Bettache and Gubbins' suitability for squad roles, then we ought to be much better off for it than finishing 10th instead of 16th by the grace of our known quantities that will most likely be sold on. I said before the restart that necessity often tends to be kind to us one way or another.

Obviously a complete doom spiral panic slump isn't going to be much conducive to anything either though.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 08:47 - Jul 14 with 1271 viewsgazza1

I look forward to seeing any of them make it into the first team and play 100 games in the 1st Team........we will see but its a lot of signings and I wonder what it has cost the Club in terms of wages and ongoing costs, etc.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 08:50 - Jul 14 with 1264 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 08:47 - Jul 14 by gazza1

I look forward to seeing any of them make it into the first team and play 100 games in the 1st Team........we will see but its a lot of signings and I wonder what it has cost the Club in terms of wages and ongoing costs, etc.

I would say very little, gazza. We have a budget for U-23 players as we have to field a team. All we did was renew contracts with, I'd imagine, little if any wage rise and with bonuses and wage rises should they break through.

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 08:55 - Jul 14 with 1248 viewsgazza1

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 08:50 - Jul 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I would say very little, gazza. We have a budget for U-23 players as we have to field a team. All we did was renew contracts with, I'd imagine, little if any wage rise and with bonuses and wage rises should they break through.

What is very little?? it is not just wages that costs....lots of other things as well.
U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 09:15 - Jul 14 with 1215 viewsBrianMcCarthy

U23's sign new contracts inc. Nico on 08:55 - Jul 14 by gazza1

What is very little?? it is not just wages that costs....lots of other things as well.

Well, we need U-23 players, so of course I'm only speculating but I think we know Hoos well enough to know that they didn't get huge pay bumps on their basic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024