Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homer Ref 10:36 - Jul 25 with 1084 viewscolinallcars

Figures in the paper this morning showing a 34% drop in yellow cards issued to away teams since lockdown. The assumption is that refs really are “homers” and to an extent spurred on by the crowds baying for a player to be carded. Well, maybe, but many of the games were played with less intensity. Would that be more likely to account for the drop ?
Homer Ref on 10:38 - Jul 25 with 1073 viewsrsonist

Crowds influencing the ref is a feature not a bug.
Homer Ref on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 857 viewstimcocking

Homer Ref on 10:38 - Jul 25 by rsonist

Crowds influencing the ref is a feature not a bug.

True, but by 34%? It's a pretty high drop to be honest.

I would be inclined to put it down more to the lower intensity, almost pre-season friendly feel of the games. Not much contact, hence West Brom's second goal. Did it say whether there had also been a drop in the home yellow cards? If it's 'yeah, 31%' or whatever, then the article is a non event, that's the reason for it. If there has been no drop in home yellows, however, it'd be worth looking at. If there is a 34% drop in yellows for the away team and a negligible drop for the home team, that would suggest the refs are absolutely sh!t.
Homer Ref on 15:42 - Jul 26 with 776 viewsPinnerPaul

What is the % difference issued to home team and overall drop in cards? - without those two stats the other one is meaningless.

My own take is that away wins have increased and winning teams tend to get less cards, hence away cards have dropped.

But, as I say, without the other two stats, can't really draw any conclusions.
Homer Ref on 15:53 - Jul 26 with 761 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Homer Ref on 15:42 - Jul 26 by PinnerPaul

What is the % difference issued to home team and overall drop in cards? - without those two stats the other one is meaningless.

My own take is that away wins have increased and winning teams tend to get less cards, hence away cards have dropped.

But, as I say, without the other two stats, can't really draw any conclusions.

"What is the % difference issued to home team and overall drop in cards? - without those two stats the other one is meaningless."

Yes, that's the crux of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Homer Ref on 17:04 - Jul 27 with 603 viewsPinnerPaul

Can't find the card stats, but found the following from the excellent Kevin Pullein in the Racing Post. It seems that for the majority, home performances HAVE got better - didn't expect that.

"Overall in the top two divisions of England, Germany, Italy and Spain this is what has happened so far. In two there was an away advantage. In six there was still home advantage — lower than before, the same or higher."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024