Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable Jeff 08:58 - Aug 27 with 11598 viewsstevec

They’ve sacked LeTiss, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson from Jeff Stellings Soccer Saturday, possibly one of the few things worth watching when Rangers are North of Watford.

No idea who their replacements are but whilst I enjoy Clinton Morrison’s delusions of grandeur I suspect we’ll be subjected to a succession of bland compromised replacements.

If they take midweek red button away games off us next season I may be forced to cancel.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:15 - Aug 28 with 1360 viewsstevec

Unbelievable Jeff on 08:58 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

Makes me laugh when people say ‘they better get people who know what they’re talking about!’
What, like Merson?
I love Le Tiss, but he’s not exactly Gary Neville either.

Soccer Saturday is a lovely show, but it was refreshed before, when it moved on from the Marsh/McLintock era (although Marsh hastened that himself), and it will be again. Sky is rightly going big on BLM but has to back up nice tv packages with action. It regularly has black pundits, although black presenters are confined to SSN. Behind the scenes I observed a more diverse workforce than most if not all media companies I’ve worked at. So the main soccer saturday lineup has become an outlier in their output. It was always going to change and update.

I’ve worked briefly with Stelling and he said early on the bosses were not convinced by Merson because he’s not s great broadcaster, but Jeff said he knew viewers would love him and his style that wasn’t totally polished. He was right. For the same reason, I think a lot of people will end up really liking Clinton Morrison if he gets the job. I’ve interviewed him too snd the idea he’s not eloquent is laughable. He’s smart, talks very fast, has loads to say, has loads of opinion. Which is the job requirement. He was also an incredibly nice man too.

This is the thing, people want to watch it with a smile on their face. Merson did that, Morrison out of all the new faces does that too.

So what if they get names wrong, it’s football it’s not that serious.
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:18 - Aug 28 with 1351 viewsjeffranger

Hope Clinton Morrison is not selected as the blokes a dick, can’t stand him & the way he talks
Unbelievable Jeff on 09:21 - Aug 28 with 1333 viewsswitchingcode

Unbelievable Jeff on 11:42 - Aug 27 by BAWHoops

Find this baffling.

He's really good and in Rosenoir they have the best pundit outside of Carragher and Neville

Yes agree Scott Minto is very good and knowledgeable of the EFL Rosenior is also excellent but rarely on thes days due to his coaching job at Derby
Unbelievable Jeff on 17:03 - Sep 11 with 1063 viewsrsonist

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sky-sports-pundits-2

Stelling will still be joined by Paul Merson and Chris Kamara, but Saturday will see him joined by Sue Smith, Clinton Morrison, Alan McInally and Glen Johnson.

Adebayo Akinfenwa, Tim Sherwood, Robbie Fowler and Joleon Lescott will also be part of the show this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024