Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield 13:49 - Oct 4 with 1721 viewsNorthantsHoop

I feel we look much better going forward and defensively in midfield when Dominic Ball is playing. He offers much more in the position than Cameron, who's passing is all over the place. Ball has been unlucky to lose his place in the starting line up, maybe Warburton knows Cameron will struggle to maintain form at his age and Ball will step in.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 13:50]
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 1628 viewsMedwayR

Totally agree, Ball looked rusty yesterday but that's to be expected. You could be right, perhaps Warburton is planning ahead and wanted to keep Ball fresh for when the games start coming thick and fast. Ball and Carroll in CM would be my preference.

Poll: Who’s better?

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 14:51 - Oct 4 with 1548 viewsdaveB

another one who has got better since not playing, i think every pass Ball did yesterday found a Sheffield Wednesday shirt
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 1509 viewsrsonist

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 14:51 - Oct 4 by daveB

another one who has got better since not playing, i think every pass Ball did yesterday found a Sheffield Wednesday shirt

Fair comment on yesterday's cameo - although I still liked us better with him in - but he didn't prove himself a passing liability over the others during the course of last season.
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 15:09 - Oct 4 with 1482 viewsAntti_Heinola

he played about 4 really good passes to Bright, one of which almost resulted in a goal.

Bare bones.

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 15:27 - Oct 4 with 1432 viewsfrancisbowles

To be fair to Cameron, Ball, Barbet et all, it was a bloody difficult day for accurate passing.
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 17:28 - Oct 4 with 1295 viewsbakerloo8

I like Dom. Think he should be starting every week.
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 18:27 - Oct 4 with 1249 viewsLazyFan

I agree.

But Warbs will be thinking we have not given many chances away with Cam in the team. The fixture list when we come back means Ball will probably start the midweek games. But in my view Cam is way too slow and also does a few bad passes.

I prefer Ball being given a run in team, also Cam will be gone in a year and then we shall have to play Ball anyway. We should get on with it and use Cam as a back up should people get injured not the other way around.

zzzzzzzzzz

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 18:51 - Oct 4 with 1195 viewsbakerloo8

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 18:27 - Oct 4 by LazyFan

I agree.

But Warbs will be thinking we have not given many chances away with Cam in the team. The fixture list when we come back means Ball will probably start the midweek games. But in my view Cam is way too slow and also does a few bad passes.

I prefer Ball being given a run in team, also Cam will be gone in a year and then we shall have to play Ball anyway. We should get on with it and use Cam as a back up should people get injured not the other way around.

I'd play Ball ahead of either Amos or Carrol in the middle.
Login to get fewer ads

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 18:55 - Oct 4 with 1196 viewsdaveB

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 15:09 - Oct 4 by Antti_Heinola

he played about 4 really good passes to Bright, one of which almost resulted in a goal.

fair play to him if he did but didn't think he was particularly good when he came on, Cameron been fine last 2 games so personally wouldn't be dropping him
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 20:21 - Oct 4 with 1106 viewsHunterhoop

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 18:55 - Oct 4 by daveB

fair play to him if he did but didn't think he was particularly good when he came on, Cameron been fine last 2 games so personally wouldn't be dropping him

That’s very much an opinion rather than fact on Cameron, Dave. I think he’s been very poor and as clear weak link.

In the second half against bc Coventry he went missing and gave the back 4 very little protection in the face of repeated Cov attacks.

Yesterday (as per all the games prior) you had both London and Sinton refereeing “a poor pass from Cameron” on multiple occasions. Sinton even commented how he needs to do better.

I think his touch and passing isn’t good enough for a decent championship team and I think he’s lost a yard from 2 seasons ago (felt the yard went last season). And he’s hardly dominating in the air at set pieces physically.

I think he’s a big problem currently. We don’t have any great options at holding midfield, I grant you. And he tries. But I personally think he’s very far from “fine”. I think he and Amos are two of our biggest issues, with Wallace close behind. I think Ball deserves a chance.
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 20:26 - Oct 4 with 1095 viewsdavman

Spot on.

It isn't just his performance yesterday; his lockdown performances were in line with the team's performance - bloody awful.

Yes he surpassed all expectations at times last season, but his absence has grown his reputation ridiculously.

That said, I've not been overly impressed by any of our midfielders this season - Carroll the best of a pretty bad bunch so far...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 23:14 - Oct 4 with 954 viewsdaveB

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 20:21 - Oct 4 by Hunterhoop

That’s very much an opinion rather than fact on Cameron, Dave. I think he’s been very poor and as clear weak link.

In the second half against bc Coventry he went missing and gave the back 4 very little protection in the face of repeated Cov attacks.

Yesterday (as per all the games prior) you had both London and Sinton refereeing “a poor pass from Cameron” on multiple occasions. Sinton even commented how he needs to do better.

I think his touch and passing isn’t good enough for a decent championship team and I think he’s lost a yard from 2 seasons ago (felt the yard went last season). And he’s hardly dominating in the air at set pieces physically.

I think he’s a big problem currently. We don’t have any great options at holding midfield, I grant you. And he tries. But I personally think he’s very far from “fine”. I think he and Amos are two of our biggest issues, with Wallace close behind. I think Ball deserves a chance.

well yeah obviously an opinion, just as your opinion is that Cameron is the weak link which I disagree with. I thought Cameron was OK yesterday and in the Boro game of course he made a few poor passes, they all did
Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 23:31 - Oct 4 with 926 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Get Dominic Ball Back in Midfield on 20:26 - Oct 4 by davman

Spot on.

It isn't just his performance yesterday; his lockdown performances were in line with the team's performance - bloody awful.

Yes he surpassed all expectations at times last season, but his absence has grown his reputation ridiculously.

That said, I've not been overly impressed by any of our midfielders this season - Carroll the best of a pretty bad bunch so far...

Agreed. I think the midfield has been quite poor. Collectively. Possibly losing Manning on the left has shown them up.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024