Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing 23:31 - Oct 5 with 4338 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53049
Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 14:01 - Oct 6 with 876 viewsAntti_Heinola

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 11:43 - Oct 6 by W7Ranger

Paul Furlong signed at 32

Clint Hill signed at 32

Shaun Derry signed at 32

Ray Wilkins signed at 33

On top of that, Adomah has more games under his belt at this stage of his career than any of the above players did. So fitness levels will be good and is also clearly not injury prone. Low risk signing money wise. Great experience at this level.

Even if he's used largely as an impact sub, I think that's a great option to have.

indeed.
signing a player at 32 or 33 is only really a concern if the rest of your team is in that sort of age bracket. 33 is nothing. Nothing. He could still play for 4 years comfortably at this level, and we've only signed him, on a free, for two. Absolute no-brainer, because he's a really, really good player.

Bare bones.

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 15:19 - Oct 6 with 799 viewsdaveB

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 13:45 - Oct 6 by EGRanger

Bombed out might be a bit harsh on Kakay - he gained invaluable experience at other clubs - I think I saw his debut against Palace when he was clearly overrun.

I would like to think Ramsey who gave him his debut has been monitoring his progress since and advising our new managers

That was Furlong who played at Palace. Kakay got his debut under JFH and later McClaren.

Maybe Bombed out is harsh but he went from starting the first 4 games of the season in August 2018 to not playing a single minute in the league until June 2020, maybe it was all part of the plan but Kakay getting a run in the side appeared to me to happen by accident, similar to Ryan Manning.
Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 15:25 - Oct 6 with 791 viewsMaggsinho

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 14:01 - Oct 6 by Antti_Heinola

indeed.
signing a player at 32 or 33 is only really a concern if the rest of your team is in that sort of age bracket. 33 is nothing. Nothing. He could still play for 4 years comfortably at this level, and we've only signed him, on a free, for two. Absolute no-brainer, because he's a really, really good player.

As a 48 year old I can absolutely confirm that 33 is nothing.
Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 15:48 - Oct 6 with 732 viewsPinnerPaul

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 15:25 - Oct 6 by Maggsinho

As a 48 year old I can absolutely confirm that 33 is nothing.

As a 59 year old I can confirm that 48 is nothing!
Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 16:00 - Oct 6 with 711 viewsW7Ranger

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 15:48 - Oct 6 by PinnerPaul

As a 45 year old, I can confirm that I'm not as old as you's 2!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 16:04]
Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 16:02 - Oct 6 with 704 viewsAntti_Heinola

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 15:19 - Oct 6 by daveB

That was Furlong who played at Palace. Kakay got his debut under JFH and later McClaren.

Maybe Bombed out is harsh but he went from starting the first 4 games of the season in August 2018 to not playing a single minute in the league until June 2020, maybe it was all part of the plan but Kakay getting a run in the side appeared to me to happen by accident, similar to Ryan Manning.

I think it's probably fair to say that without the pandemic, he may not have been given a chance. But I'm not sure you can say it was 'by accident', and neither was Manning's. Manning went in because Ollie was desperate, yes, but also because his running stats were so high, they were impressed and put him in. That's not an accident, any more than Warbs thinking, well, Rangel's injured, we need options, I like what I've seen in training, et's give him a goi is an 'accident'.
Football and footballers careers are full of 'right place, right time' moments; the goalie converted to a striker and vice versa, a last minute injury launching a young player's career etc.
McClaren dropped him - correctly, in my view. He's worked really hard and was eventually given a chance which he has grabbed.

Bare bones.

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 17:52 - Oct 6 with 577 viewsdaveB

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 16:02 - Oct 6 by Antti_Heinola

I think it's probably fair to say that without the pandemic, he may not have been given a chance. But I'm not sure you can say it was 'by accident', and neither was Manning's. Manning went in because Ollie was desperate, yes, but also because his running stats were so high, they were impressed and put him in. That's not an accident, any more than Warbs thinking, well, Rangel's injured, we need options, I like what I've seen in training, et's give him a goi is an 'accident'.
Football and footballers careers are full of 'right place, right time' moments; the goalie converted to a striker and vice versa, a last minute injury launching a young player's career etc.
McClaren dropped him - correctly, in my view. He's worked really hard and was eventually given a chance which he has grabbed.

was more in response to those saying Smyth can't be good enough as he hasn't played you only have to look at Kakay and Manning to see players on the way out but when given a chance showed they were better than the coaches/managers expected.

Both Kakay and Manning were both on the way out similar to Smyth, without the pandemic I don't think Kakay would have got a minute other than the league cup. I think Manning had actually been told to find a new club before we hit that bad run and he got a chance. The club have done a lot of good things giving players opportunities but we've got 2 here who only got a chance due to a worldwide pandemic and the other because we couldn't win a game for 2 months, it shouldn't take those sort of catastrophes to get a chance in the team which is what is meant by almost happened by accident.
Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 06:05 - Oct 7 with 412 viewsLoftgirl

Willock added to QPR’s attacking rack and stack — Signing on 15:48 - Oct 6 by PinnerPaul

As a 68 year old, I can confirm you're all just pups.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024