Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed again 14:54 - Oct 6 with 1535 viewsstowmarketrange

I wonder if any of our clever posters could give me the answer to my latest problem.I bought a treadmill online over 3 years ago in an attempt to get fit and prepare for the Great North Run.About a year ago it stopped working properly.The treadmill would start up and then grind to a halt after a second or two.I’ve put some silicone oil on the moving parts,but without success.
I contacted sports direct and they tell me that they don’t have spare parts for it,even though the company that made it is owned by them.
I looked online at treadmill repairs and they’ve quoted me £170 for a new motor for it.The whole machine only cost £250,so it seems a bit expensive to buy a part at that price when I don’t even know for sure if that is the problem with it.
Does anyone know how I can find out the problem with it,or should I just use it as an expensive clothes horse?
TIA.
Help needed again on 15:03 - Oct 6 with 1484 views2Thomas2Bowles

My Wife had a treadmill that packed up on the motor.

Worth looking on Gumtree/Facebook Marketplace / Ebay as often get one that's working or spares as we did.

Likely it's a brush motor, may be able to replace the bushes
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 15:11]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Help needed again on 15:04 - Oct 6 with 1484 viewsBoston

Hello John got a new motor.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Help needed again on 15:15 - Oct 6 with 1448 viewswombat

Help needed again on 15:04 - Oct 6 by Boston

Hello John got a new motor.

can we get this sort of post banned please ?
exercise help disgusting be gone with you

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Help needed again on 15:39 - Oct 6 with 1388 viewsDannyPaddox

These problem exercise machinery units have been around for years. Or dark satanic treadmills as William Blake used to call them in the 19th century.
Help needed again on 16:29 - Oct 6 with 1294 viewsWokingR

When you think about the pounding a treadmill takes I would suggest that at £250 it has probably done well to last 3 years. Especially when you see that the commercial standard Life Fitness machines that you see in a gym are over £10,000.
Treat it as disposable, it has cost you £80 a year, bin it and start again.
Help needed again on 18:18 - Oct 6 with 1182 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Help needed again on 16:29 - Oct 6 by WokingR

When you think about the pounding a treadmill takes I would suggest that at £250 it has probably done well to last 3 years. Especially when you see that the commercial standard Life Fitness machines that you see in a gym are over £10,000.
Treat it as disposable, it has cost you £80 a year, bin it and start again.

Run outside. £0 per annum.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Help needed again on 20:02 - Oct 6 with 1079 viewsMalintabuk

You may find the conveyor as stretched over the years and now maybe slipping
There may be someway of adjusting the tension on the motor
If not then as advised for the cost of replacing parts it may just pay to get a new one.
Unfortunately like washing machines fridges etc these are built to be redundant
Help needed again on 21:27 - Oct 6 with 977 viewsstowmarketrange

Help needed again on 20:02 - Oct 6 by Malintabuk

You may find the conveyor as stretched over the years and now maybe slipping
There may be someway of adjusting the tension on the motor
If not then as advised for the cost of replacing parts it may just pay to get a new one.
Unfortunately like washing machines fridges etc these are built to be redundant

Thanks for the advice.I only guessed at it being a problem with the motor.I might have a look at the weekend and see if I can fix/ruin it.
I only wish I could run on the road as one poster suggested,but my knees wouldn’t last very long unfortunately,and proper even grass to run on is pretty scarce in farming country.
Login to get fewer ads

Help needed again on 09:49 - Oct 7 with 816 viewsEastR

Prolonged running on a treadmill can also be the source/cause of knee pain. The predictable and regular impact means the workout is concentrated on focused areas of the joints, possibly leading to localised wear and tear, and causing pain.

If you do get your kit up and running again consider mixing up your sessions between indoors and out. The variations and unevenness in the surface gives the muscles and joints a much more rounded workout making them stronger in the process.

Get yourself a good pair of trail shoes, and the local ordnance survey map (they also them them on an app). Places like this are not far from you

https://www.explorenorfolkuk.co.uk/peddars-way.html#see

good luck!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024