Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New ground 10:58 - Oct 9 with 6631 viewsCorbyQPR

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/huge-west-london-arena-could-190
New ground on 14:43 - Oct 10 with 1455 viewsDWQPR

I’ve always said that this would be the site for a new stadium. It was the site that Flavio got surveyors to investigate as a possible site. With CV19 now effecting not only national government but local government budgets the council I suspect will look at the option that not only gives them the best return, and I suspect a stadium will do that as opposed to a revamped athletics facility and also the project that will create the largest number of jobs for the local community.

The club are going to be reaping the rewards of the land purchases that they made at OOC, certainly more so that Car Giant, which is a nice pill to swallow, and it will free up the land at HQ which again the council will see as a further revenue generator in terms of new homes and businesses, jobs and much needed revenue. And when the vast majority of respondents think that the best option is a sports stadium that is a very difficult majority to ignore, because what would be the point to put it out for public consultation in the first place if you are going to ignore the wishes of the majority.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New ground on 15:03 - Oct 10 with 1427 viewsQPR_John

New ground on 14:43 - Oct 10 by DWQPR

I’ve always said that this would be the site for a new stadium. It was the site that Flavio got surveyors to investigate as a possible site. With CV19 now effecting not only national government but local government budgets the council I suspect will look at the option that not only gives them the best return, and I suspect a stadium will do that as opposed to a revamped athletics facility and also the project that will create the largest number of jobs for the local community.

The club are going to be reaping the rewards of the land purchases that they made at OOC, certainly more so that Car Giant, which is a nice pill to swallow, and it will free up the land at HQ which again the council will see as a further revenue generator in terms of new homes and businesses, jobs and much needed revenue. And when the vast majority of respondents think that the best option is a sports stadium that is a very difficult majority to ignore, because what would be the point to put it out for public consultation in the first place if you are going to ignore the wishes of the majority.

"because what would be the point to put it out for public consultation in the first place if you are going to ignore the wishes of the majority."

To hopefully get the answer you want. If its not the answer you want it is quietly ignored.
New ground on 15:33 - Oct 10 with 1386 viewsBoston

New ground on 15:20 - Oct 9 by Juzzie

I'm just waiting for the obligatory "why can't we just buy up the Ellerslie Road houses, knock them down and build a new stand"

Strewth, no need for all that, build the stand straight over ‘em, front doors face south so we’re not nicking any sunlight!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New ground on 18:07 - Oct 10 with 1284 viewsfrancisbowles

New ground on 15:33 - Oct 10 by Boston

Strewth, no need for all that, build the stand straight over ‘em, front doors face south so we’re not nicking any sunlight!

Put a glass floor and roof on, position a few mirrors and they would increase their sunlight and be able to sit out in the rain as well.
New ground on 18:27 - Oct 10 with 1256 viewsDejR_vu

New ground on 10:33 - Oct 10 by TW_R

What exactly are they doing wrong at the moment?

If i had a plasterer in and they not only f@cked up the plastering in the first six rooms but knocked down half of the walls in the process, I don’t think i’d trust them to build me a new house just because they managed to do a better job on the last two rooms.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New ground on 18:50 - Oct 10 with 1233 viewsTW_R

New ground on 18:27 - Oct 10 by DejR_vu

If i had a plasterer in and they not only f@cked up the plastering in the first six rooms but knocked down half of the walls in the process, I don’t think i’d trust them to build me a new house just because they managed to do a better job on the last two rooms.

Didn’t really answer the question though. People learn from their mistakes and it appears they may have done. Seems to me that the club is being managed pretty well at the moment and the owners are letting the right people make the decisions.

To take your analogy, we’re no longer getting bus drivers in to do the plastering, we’re hiring plasterers to do It.
New ground on 19:02 - Oct 10 with 1215 viewsDejR_vu

New ground on 18:50 - Oct 10 by TW_R

Didn’t really answer the question though. People learn from their mistakes and it appears they may have done. Seems to me that the club is being managed pretty well at the moment and the owners are letting the right people make the decisions.

To take your analogy, we’re no longer getting bus drivers in to do the plastering, we’re hiring plasterers to do It.

Your last sentence makes no sense at all.

Not the best analagy, I accept. My point is they’ve got far, far, far more wrong than they’ve got right. They’ve set the club back decades, if we ever recover at all. They monumentally f@cked up not one, but two golden opportunities to establish the club as a top level side. When TF turned up we were a Premier League side just off the back of arguably the best season in a generation. We’re now knocking around the Championship looking at a top half finish as a successful season. From a footballing perspective which, as a football club, we should be judged on, it’s been an unmitigated disaster. So, no, I wouldn’t trust them to move us out of The KPF stadium.

New ground on 19:13 - Oct 10 with 1194 viewsessextaxiboy

New ground on 18:50 - Oct 10 by TW_R

They do look like they have learned from the mistakes . If by some miracle we were promoted I am not entirely sure that they wouldnt make some of them again. Hoos is the difference I suppose .
Login to get fewer ads

New ground on 19:43 - Oct 10 with 1158 viewsDejR_vu

New ground on 19:13 - Oct 10 by essextaxiboy

They do look like they have learned from the mistakes . If by some miracle we were promoted I am not entirely sure that they wouldnt make some of them again. Hoos is the difference I suppose .

I agree that things finally seem to be going in the right direction, but only after about eight years, multiple attempts, and only after they’ve done irreparable damage.

I’m amazed how many people are prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, on something as important as the club’s ground, on the back of the last season and a bit, given what’s gone before. It’s like watching someone running your wife over, reversing over her again again, giving her a sticking plaster, then asking you to trust them whilst they drive past your baby’s pushchair.

I wouldn’t trust them with my garden shed.

New ground on 19:48 - Oct 10 with 1143 views2Thomas2Bowles

I wouldn’t trust them with my garden shed.

Funny you should say that mines gone missing, spooky!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

New ground on 23:12 - Oct 10 with 1037 viewsNorthantsHoop

I am probably way off beam, it's in the wrong borough, location, infrastructure etc, but now the club owns 27 acres of land at Heston sports ground that is a heck of a lot to fill with a few training pitches and changing facilities.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 23:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024