Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 21:21 - Oct 17 with 5218 viewsBobbi66

Who but us would sell a player like him for that much,can't believe it.
Manning on 19:48 - Oct 18 with 1653 viewsbakerloo8

Manning on 19:35 - Oct 18 by Myke

I, as has been well documented on other threads, am a fan of Manning, and my view, rightly or wrongly is that he was poorly treated by the club, especially in the context of BOS. But, as has been pointed out here, this has already been discussed to death and to rehash the same views is pointless. But I am going to do it anyway.
In the modern game, and with social media in the mix, there is no loyalty by players, the clubs or indeed the fans. Lumley, may or may not play for us again, but last Christmas the level of abuse hurled at him on-line, by his so called 'supporters' was severe enough for his manager to come out and speak on the matter.
And it is not just on Twitter. Manning had a break through season last season, the stats showed he provided more assists than any other player at one point last season. He was scoring thumping goals in successive games against Millwall and WBA as recently as July.But now,on this site, maybe even this thread it is 'good riddance' and 'he's an ungrateful little sh1t' Why would any player pledge any kind of allegiance to that kind of fickleness?
If Manning had been sold last january - which is when he should have been sold, (Pre-covid, in great form, 18 months left on his contract) because we are a selling club and we need to maximise our 'assets' - even for £3M, there would have been uproar on this and other sites. The club would have been accused of failing to look after our young players, of flogging players as soon as another club bats their eyes at them and goodness knows what else. But we didn't, for whatever reason, we didn't. Obviously nobody saw Covid coming down the tracks, but we don't know what else was going on. Maybe they thought Manning would sign. Wallace was playing poorly and after a few games, was dropped again. Maybe after losing Wells and the fans reaction to our 'incompetence' at not spending £3M to buy him, meant the club were reluctant to let one of their more popular players (Yes Manning, popular- not an oxymoron at the time) leave.
So he stayed, continued to play well( going forward at any rate)continued to provide assists and as already said, thumped in a couple of beauties at the end. But covid was now rampant. little clubs like ours were losing money hand over fist, and he still hadn't signed. No matter scored after a minute against Plymouth, didn't track back for one of Plymouth's goals, business as usual in other words
In the meantime, BOS nearly signed for Bruges, so nearly in fact, he was left out of the Millwall game. But he stayed. But he didn't sign a contract either. Warburton started making noises, including in an extensive interview with Clive, about not playing players who were in the last year of their current contracts and refusing to sign new ones. A number of players signed new contracts, but they were all no-brainers - Ball, Kakay, Masterson. However, Manning and BOS didn't. So, Warburton followed through on his 'threat' and dropped Manning... but continued to play BOS. One game,two games three games, Manning out, BOS in. BOS, by and large playing well, and training 'happily'. Manning playing golf, although lo and behold played well twice for the kids. Deadline day comes, the club 'indicates' that BOS will sign a new contract. No such 'indication' from Manning. Why? Badly advised by new agent? Miffed at contract offer? Miffed at playing left back? Badly treated by the club? Maybe he is, in fact, an ungrateful little sh1t. All the theories have been rolled out and the truth is, none of us really know.
This we do know: He has gone to Swansea - allegedly for £250K, which is almost four times what we paid for him not to mention the pleasure he gave us last season
Good luck at Swansea Ryan.
END OF MANNING DISCUSSION ON THIS AND ALL OTHER THREADS

Read about half of that massive paragraph before my head exploded and I could take bo more. War and peace in one para.

If manning was so great as you keep telling everyone, pray tell why only the mighty Swansea were in for him at the paltry 250k?

Answer: That's his level.
Manning on 20:29 - Oct 18 with 1578 viewsMyke

Manning on 19:48 - Oct 18 by bakerloo8

Read about half of that massive paragraph before my head exploded and I could take bo more. War and peace in one para.

If manning was so great as you keep telling everyone, pray tell why only the mighty Swansea were in for him at the paltry 250k?

The answer was in the second half that you didn't read . And you clearly didn't read the last line. even though I capped it
Manning on 23:34 - Oct 18 with 1485 viewsnumptydumpty

Warburton said he did not want to sign a contract - it appeared unless Palace came in for BOS he would eventually sign one - having turned down one move already.

Why didn't Manning sign a contract - Warburton did not elaborate - my guess it wasn't about the money but Manning saw himself as a midfielder not a left back but clearly thats the position he has at our club.

I would though like to hear Mannings side of the story otherwise all this is supposition

Its a shame though as I personally would have loved him to stay and for himself I fear it is at best a sideways move and not guaranteed a starting place so like many of our stars in recent years ie Robinson, Luongo, Freeman, Smithies, Austin leaving the loft has ended up with their careers taking a downward spiral as opposed to upwards !!!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Manning on 09:32 - Oct 19 with 1337 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 19:35 - Oct 18 by Myke

I, as has been well documented on other threads, am a fan of Manning, and my view, rightly or wrongly is that he was poorly treated by the club, especially in the context of BOS. But, as has been pointed out here, this has already been discussed to death and to rehash the same views is pointless. But I am going to do it anyway.
In the modern game, and with social media in the mix, there is no loyalty by players, the clubs or indeed the fans. Lumley, may or may not play for us again, but last Christmas the level of abuse hurled at him on-line, by his so called 'supporters' was severe enough for his manager to come out and speak on the matter.
And it is not just on Twitter. Manning had a break through season last season, the stats showed he provided more assists than any other player at one point last season. He was scoring thumping goals in successive games against Millwall and WBA as recently as July.But now,on this site, maybe even this thread it is 'good riddance' and 'he's an ungrateful little sh1t' Why would any player pledge any kind of allegiance to that kind of fickleness?
If Manning had been sold last january - which is when he should have been sold, (Pre-covid, in great form, 18 months left on his contract) because we are a selling club and we need to maximise our 'assets' - even for £3M, there would have been uproar on this and other sites. The club would have been accused of failing to look after our young players, of flogging players as soon as another club bats their eyes at them and goodness knows what else. But we didn't, for whatever reason, we didn't. Obviously nobody saw Covid coming down the tracks, but we don't know what else was going on. Maybe they thought Manning would sign. Wallace was playing poorly and after a few games, was dropped again. Maybe after losing Wells and the fans reaction to our 'incompetence' at not spending £3M to buy him, meant the club were reluctant to let one of their more popular players (Yes Manning, popular- not an oxymoron at the time) leave.
So he stayed, continued to play well( going forward at any rate)continued to provide assists and as already said, thumped in a couple of beauties at the end. But covid was now rampant. little clubs like ours were losing money hand over fist, and he still hadn't signed. No matter scored after a minute against Plymouth, didn't track back for one of Plymouth's goals, business as usual in other words
In the meantime, BOS nearly signed for Bruges, so nearly in fact, he was left out of the Millwall game. But he stayed. But he didn't sign a contract either. Warburton started making noises, including in an extensive interview with Clive, about not playing players who were in the last year of their current contracts and refusing to sign new ones. A number of players signed new contracts, but they were all no-brainers - Ball, Kakay, Masterson. However, Manning and BOS didn't. So, Warburton followed through on his 'threat' and dropped Manning... but continued to play BOS. One game,two games three games, Manning out, BOS in. BOS, by and large playing well, and training 'happily'. Manning playing golf, although lo and behold played well twice for the kids. Deadline day comes, the club 'indicates' that BOS will sign a new contract. No such 'indication' from Manning. Why? Badly advised by new agent? Miffed at contract offer? Miffed at playing left back? Badly treated by the club? Maybe he is, in fact, an ungrateful little sh1t. All the theories have been rolled out and the truth is, none of us really know.
This we do know: He has gone to Swansea - allegedly for £250K, which is almost four times what we paid for him not to mention the pleasure he gave us last season
Good luck at Swansea Ryan.
END OF MANNING DISCUSSION ON THIS AND ALL OTHER THREADS

If only that last line were true!
Manning on 10:27 - Oct 19 with 1266 viewsbosh67

This from Ryan's twitter account. Interesting that he says the decision was out of his hands. So probably meaning he got heavily leant on by his agent to move. Seems like a decent guy. Apparently he was a great character in the changing room and always had a smile on his face. Shame we won't see him play central attacking midfield, which I think is the position he was made for but good luck to him...

"I would like to say thank you to everyone at @officialqpr for everything over the last 6 years. Forever grateful to the club for giving me the opportunity to start my career in England and playing such a huge part in my development. The past few months haven’t been easy with important decisions being out of my control, despite that I will still always hold QPR close to my heart. I’ve met so many wonderful people at QPR over the years and have had the privilege of working with some of the best players, managers, coaches and back room staff many of whom I’ll keep in contact with for life. Lastly, I would like to say a huge thank you to all the amazing fans who have supported me throughout my time at QPR. I wish the club all the best for the future, thank you for all the memories."

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 11:11 - Oct 19 with 1206 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 10:27 - Oct 19 by bosh67

This from Ryan's twitter account. Interesting that he says the decision was out of his hands. So probably meaning he got heavily leant on by his agent to move. Seems like a decent guy. Apparently he was a great character in the changing room and always had a smile on his face. Shame we won't see him play central attacking midfield, which I think is the position he was made for but good luck to him...

"I would like to say thank you to everyone at @officialqpr for everything over the last 6 years. Forever grateful to the club for giving me the opportunity to start my career in England and playing such a huge part in my development. The past few months haven’t been easy with important decisions being out of my control, despite that I will still always hold QPR close to my heart. I’ve met so many wonderful people at QPR over the years and have had the privilege of working with some of the best players, managers, coaches and back room staff many of whom I’ll keep in contact with for life. Lastly, I would like to say a huge thank you to all the amazing fans who have supported me throughout my time at QPR. I wish the club all the best for the future, thank you for all the memories."

Ok I'll bite!

'Decision out of my hands' - do me a favour - if you wanted to sign a new contract, who/what was stopping you?
Manning on 11:21 - Oct 19 with 1180 viewsQPR_John

Manning on 11:11 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

Ok I'll bite!

'Decision out of my hands' - do me a favour - if you wanted to sign a new contract, who/what was stopping you?

Was just about to ask the same question
Manning on 11:32 - Oct 19 with 1163 viewsrsonist

"The past few months haven’t been easy with important decisions being out of my control" isn't quite the same as "he says the decision was out of his hands"...

Can only really suppose he does mean wanting to play in midfield.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 11:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 12:10 - Oct 19 with 1088 viewsfrancisbowles

Manning on 11:32 - Oct 19 by rsonist

"The past few months haven’t been easy with important decisions being out of my control" isn't quite the same as "he says the decision was out of his hands"...

Code for not enough money?
Manning on 12:21 - Oct 19 with 1062 viewsParkRoyalR

Manning on 19:48 - Oct 18 by bakerloo8

Following this logic, Freeman was only worth £ 250k and not the £3 to £ 4m we allegedly sold him to Sheffield United for a couple of seasons later,

Manning, imo, is a very decent Championship player who could be worth £2m+ in a year or so, just needed a defensively minded Left Sided Centre Half inside him if was going to be used as an infill Left Wing Back, given his lack of natural defensive instinct,

I rated Manning, I rate Warburton, I believe Manning was no less dis-loyal than BOS who did'nt fancy a move abroad and maybe believed the mis-placed hype about him following his Birmingham goal (against an fullback playing on his wrong-side and already on a yellow)

Maybe BOS has a couple of years on Manning to increase his value and with no takers in England decided to re-sign, and for whatever reason Manning did'nt. Does n't make one more loyal than the other.

My major disappointment around this move, is having brought in Dykes, we lose our best crosser of the ball and one of our key creative options in the absence of Eze. Time will tell.
Manning on 12:36 - Oct 19 with 1040 viewsMyke

Manning on 12:21 - Oct 19 by ParkRoyalR

Following this logic, Freeman was only worth £ 250k and not the £3 to £ 4m we allegedly sold him to Sheffield United for a couple of seasons later,

Manning, imo, is a very decent Championship player who could be worth £2m+ in a year or so, just needed a defensively minded Left Sided Centre Half inside him if was going to be used as an infill Left Wing Back, given his lack of natural defensive instinct,

I rated Manning, I rate Warburton, I believe Manning was no less dis-loyal than BOS who did'nt fancy a move abroad and maybe believed the mis-placed hype about him following his Birmingham goal (against an fullback playing on his wrong-side and already on a yellow)

Maybe BOS has a couple of years on Manning to increase his value and with no takers in England decided to re-sign, and for whatever reason Manning did'nt. Does n't make one more loyal than the other.

My major disappointment around this move, is having brought in Dykes, we lose our best crosser of the ball and one of our key creative options in the absence of Eze. Time will tell.

This. All of it. Just in relation to your final point, we have brought in a couple of decent wingers that hopefully will supply the ammo to our strikers
Manning on 13:27 - Oct 19 with 977 viewsrsonist

Manning on 12:10 - Oct 19 by francisbowles

Code for not enough money?

Not the impression I get from that, personally.
Manning on 14:56 - Oct 19 with 894 viewsW7Ranger

Manning on 12:21 - Oct 19 by ParkRoyalR

"Following this logic, Freeman was only worth £ 250k and not the £3 to £ 4m we allegedly sold him to Sheffield United for a couple of seasons later,"

Why?
Manning on 15:44 - Oct 19 with 812 viewsParkRoyalR

Manning on 14:56 - Oct 19 by W7Ranger

"Following this logic, Freeman was only worth £ 250k and not the £3 to £ 4m we allegedly sold him to Sheffield United for a couple of seasons later,"

Why?

Freeman was in the last year of his contract and was worth considerably more than the
£ 250k we nicked him for. Was immediately obvious to most we had a steal and was worth at least 5 times that amount.

Manning was likewise in last year of his contract and Swansea (a top 6 championship side last year) have nicked him for £ 250k, but most R's fans would argue he is worth at least 5 times that (by comparison we paid £ 1m for our 70 goal a season defensively minded previous Left Back - Jake Bidwell), some would argue he may be worth 10 times that fee, as Freeman subsequently proved to be.

Regardless, given we are n't overly covered at Left Back, have lost our main creator in Eze and brought in an old style no 9 who is good in the air, losing Manning for £ 250k, cannot be seen to be good business, by even our most blinkered supporters (other than those who took near on 100 games to suss out Conor Washington)
Manning on 16:26 - Oct 19 with 763 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 11:32 - Oct 19 by rsonist

They mean the same thing and really? really?
Manning on 16:56 - Oct 19 with 722 viewsW7Ranger

Manning on 15:44 - Oct 19 by ParkRoyalR

Freeman was in the last year of his contract and was worth considerably more than the
£ 250k we nicked him for. Was immediately obvious to most we had a steal and was worth at least 5 times that amount.

Manning was likewise in last year of his contract and Swansea (a top 6 championship side last year) have nicked him for £ 250k, but most R's fans would argue he is worth at least 5 times that (by comparison we paid £ 1m for our 70 goal a season defensively minded previous Left Back - Jake Bidwell), some would argue he may be worth 10 times that fee, as Freeman subsequently proved to be.

Regardless, given we are n't overly covered at Left Back, have lost our main creator in Eze and brought in an old style no 9 who is good in the air, losing Manning for £ 250k, cannot be seen to be good business, by even our most blinkered supporters (other than those who took near on 100 games to suss out Conor Washington)

But you were comparing how much we sold him for to Sheff Utd (Prem team), not how much we bought him for.
Manning on 17:10 - Oct 19 with 706 viewsParkRoyalR

Manning on 16:56 - Oct 19 by W7Ranger

But you were comparing how much we sold him for to Sheff Utd (Prem team), not how much we bought him for.

I was comparing how both Manning and Freeman were bought from mid-table Championship teams for £ 250k, which was considerably less than their worth (due to being in last year of their contracts)

Manning may likewise go on to prove some on here right who value him at 10 times plus that price (and be sold to a lower half Premier League club),

It seems Les & Co may think likewise, if its true we have a very generous sell-on clause.
Manning on 17:24 - Oct 19 with 689 viewsW7Ranger

Manning on 17:10 - Oct 19 by ParkRoyalR

I was comparing how both Manning and Freeman were bought from mid-table Championship teams for £ 250k, which was considerably less than their worth (due to being in last year of their contracts)

Manning may likewise go on to prove some on here right who value him at 10 times plus that price (and be sold to a lower half Premier League club),

It seems Les & Co may think likewise, if its true we have a very generous sell-on clause.

I don't get your point. Manning was bought for £250k, as was Freeman by the same amount you say.

Freeman then developed with us over the next 2-3 years and we sold him for a profit to Sheff Utd.

We bought Manning for a five figure sum and was then developed by us sold for a profit for an initial fee of £250k.

So....?

Manning on 17:39 - Oct 19 with 661 viewsrsonist

Manning on 16:26 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

They mean the same thing and really? really?

Yeah, really.

The difference is between the decision to leave itself being out of his control (leading Bosh to speculate "he got heavily leant on by his agent to move") and the factors that led to the decision to leave being out of his control, which remain up for debate.

With regards to that, "important decisions being out of my control" would in my opinion be a weird and exceptionally delusional euphemism if that importance pertained to a unilateral demand for more wedge and nothing else - and in any case it is obvious that the offer of contract is never in a player's control anyway. The statement becomes more logical when the importance is instead read in terms of betterment of the player's career and future performance (by not being played out of supposed position) with an implicit mutual benefit to the club being denied.

Hey pal you asked.
Manning on 18:08 - Oct 19 with 609 viewsgazza1

Nobody knows why Manning left, its all guesses.....nobody knows if he was treated badly, just maybe said he didn't want to play for QPR anymore for whatever reason and thought Swansea offered him a better chance of Premiership football.

Do you really think that if BOS & Manning behaved the same however MW decided to treat Manning in a different way.......I dont think so, Manning must have said or done things differently to BOS and upset MW, Les, or the Club.

If he was as good as many think, why was it he went to Swansea and not a Premiership side???
Manning on 18:24 - Oct 19 with 573 viewsted_hendrix

On and on and on and on same old waffle that was posted on the other bloody MANNING thread day's ago.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024