Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock & Chair 12:56 - Nov 28 with 3818 viewsNorthantsHoop

Last night's result was disappointing, but the positives from last 3 games for me are; Willock is looking really good on left midfield, good on the ball, comes inside well and I think his inclusion has improved Chair's game as he can now focus on a more central attacking role. They are linking up well together. Been impressed with Willock's tracking back and supporting Niko as well. I think we have the makings of one hell of a player in Chris Willock, just need his fitness to get up to a 90 minute game.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 12:57]
Willock & Chair on 14:32 - Nov 30 with 835 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Willock & Chair on 13:13 - Nov 30 by Myke

Fair enough Brian. I hope he turns out as good as say he is, he will be a huge asset when BOS leaves. For me, of the little I've seen, he tends to drift inside too much, clogging things up around the edge of the box. I love Shodipo's direct style and think he terrifies defenders when in full flow. I guess I like my wingers on the wing, plus tracking back if they lose the ball.

I think you're right that Shodipo is more of a winger whereas Willock can do either, and does both. Personally, I'm not bothered whether the width is provided by the winger or the full-back as long as one of them does it. We'll have to keep an eye on the NIko/Willock combo to see if it is providing us width. I'm not sure yet, and I see your point.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Willock & Chair on 20:33 - Nov 30 with 707 viewsMyke

We NEED Willock to work out, because he will be our main man from January on. Not at all convinced by Niko, but not going to bang the Manning drum any more -even managing to bore myself at this stage. Rather more concerning is how underwhelming Adomah has been. I thought he would really be tearing up trees, playing for his boyhood club and all that,but honestly can see why he wasn't getting a game at Forest. He's not old, but seems to have lost his zip.
Willock & Chair on 10:34 - Dec 1 with 605 viewsfrancisbowles

Willock & Chair on 20:33 - Nov 30 by Myke

We NEED Willock to work out, because he will be our main man from January on. Not at all convinced by Niko, but not going to bang the Manning drum any more -even managing to bore myself at this stage. Rather more concerning is how underwhelming Adomah has been. I thought he would really be tearing up trees, playing for his boyhood club and all that,but honestly can see why he wasn't getting a game at Forest. He's not old, but seems to have lost his zip.

Myke, I wasn't expecting too much from Albert, not that you have, but we can't compare him to BOS. I don't know how good, or not, it will get with him BUT he hasn't started a game yet!
Willock & Chair on 11:26 - Dec 1 with 559 viewsW7Ranger

Willock & Chair on 10:34 - Dec 1 by francisbowles

Myke, I wasn't expecting too much from Albert, not that you have, but we can't compare him to BOS. I don't know how good, or not, it will get with him BUT he hasn't started a game yet!

Who hasn't started a game yet?
Willock & Chair on 11:26 - Dec 1 with 558 viewsrsonist

Willock & Chair on 20:33 - Nov 30 by Myke

Not sure where this has come from, Adomah has seemed pretty zippy to me. Some fitness issues coming from the Forest bomb squad to be expected.
Willock & Chair on 11:37 - Dec 1 with 540 viewsdm97

I'm very optimistic about Willock - I wonder where he sits on the 100 appearances theory? Recall he barely got a go at West Brom and only played a handful for Huddersfield, alongside Benfica B which is de facto reserve football.
Willock & Chair on 11:43 - Dec 1 with 525 viewsfrancisbowles

Willock & Chair on 11:26 - Dec 1 by W7Ranger

Who hasn't started a game yet?

Yes, sorry you and Myke are right. I have watched all the games but I had forgotten that he was starting until the last three. Can't have had the desired effect for me .
Willock & Chair on 11:43 - Dec 1 with 525 viewsrsonist

Also yes Willock will obviously have to step up but at the same time we've had an issue for too long with a cyclical over-reliance on "main men". For the club to improve we need to rise the tide not just keep replacing the boats.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock & Chair on 11:59 - Dec 1 with 512 viewsrsonist

Willock is so Wenger Capital One Cup Side it's almost comical but on the plus side an unusual number of that Banfield crop of the time have become proper players after leaving - Gnabry, Bennacer, Reine-Adelaide, Malen, Kamara, Bielik, Josh Dasilva....

Or maybe he'll turn out Dan Crowley.
Willock & Chair on 12:17 - Dec 1 with 492 viewsNorthernr

Willock & Chair on 11:37 - Dec 1 by dm97

I'm very optimistic about Willock - I wonder where he sits on the 100 appearances theory? Recall he barely got a go at West Brom and only played a handful for Huddersfield, alongside Benfica B which is de facto reserve football.

If you don't count Benfica B games he's made 10 starts and 16 sub apps in his career.
Willock & Chair on 12:33 - Dec 1 with 459 viewsdm97

Willock & Chair on 12:17 - Dec 1 by Northernr

If you don't count Benfica B games he's made 10 starts and 16 sub apps in his career.

Glass half full: Significant growth possible
Glass half empty: an 'Academy Education' lasting 3 years too long
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024