Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Vans - Match Thread 10:22 - Jan 11 with 55139 viewsCFW

Never had the confidence to start a match thread, going early and hoping first time lucky!!

The obvious questions - will Charlie start? will he be used as an impact sub and can we keep a clean sheet? I really, really hope and pray that bringing him back works out for both sides. There are two Charlie Austins - the one we took on, burning desire to do well, worked very hard for the team, played on even though he was in a lot of pain and gave everything to every game. The other, unfortunately, (if you read and believe the reports) is someone who lost his desire, had his head turned, went off the rails, put on a load of timber and is not, and will never be the same man or player he was in the past. Could go either way, but I hope for both the club and his sake it goes well for him and I wish him all the very best of luck.

I am going for a 1-2 win - and after being awarded a penalty Charlie picks up the ball and gives it to Dykes who slams it into the back of the net to win us the match. They embrace and it is the start of a beautiful partnership.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 15:41 - Jan 13 with 1305 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:05 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

Who actually produces these QPR streams? I want to complain about the constant cutting-in by ad breaks of Sinton's analysis by HT so that I have something to fuliminate against. Do you know, Northern?

It will be an EFL feed for both clubs and anyone else who has paid for it.

Advertising income must go to EFL/the clubs.

Even if allowed QPR would need to organise/pay for a separate feed to avoid what you say.

They (QPR) must know, or could ask, when advert break starts after HT whistle - it will be the same every week - and avoid Andy speaking then.

Also as Clive has mentioned before, club don't pay for a monitor for Nick/Andy at away games - big mistake that as they literally couldn't see the save Dieng made in the 2nd half nor any replay of it.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 13 with 1231 viewsfrancisbowles

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 15:41 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

It will be an EFL feed for both clubs and anyone else who has paid for it.

Advertising income must go to EFL/the clubs.

Even if allowed QPR would need to organise/pay for a separate feed to avoid what you say.

They (QPR) must know, or could ask, when advert break starts after HT whistle - it will be the same every week - and avoid Andy speaking then.

Also as Clive has mentioned before, club don't pay for a monitor for Nick/Andy at away games - big mistake that as they literally couldn't see the save Dieng made in the 2nd half nor any replay of it.

It is worth remembering that they are also commentating for the audio only stream. Therefore he needs to get his half time review done straightaway and in one go, as there are no advertisements people will just walk away from their laptop etc and make a cuppa, get a beer etc.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:07 - Jan 13 with 1183 viewsfrancisbowles

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 23:37 - Jan 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yes I'm being hard and will carry on being hard on him, he wears the number 9 shirt and he has to live up to that or find another number, he is not a 10 so don't know where he fits. Bonne is ahead of him in the strikers role as far as I see. You should earn the shirt not just be given it.

That should be true of every player be they a keeper, defender, mf or striker.
If he were a keeper he would have been dropped a long time ago.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 23:39]

He obviously needs to score a few more for us, as he has done for other teams but he is not a really prolific striker. He is mainly an old fashioned target man no 9 and therefore his main responsibility is to win the ball and lay it off, in the same way that HH and Bobby did. They both had about a 1 in 3 ratio of goal to games over their careers but this was bolstered in Bobby's case by his early days in the lower divisions with Brighton.

Dykes had 10 in 86 for Queen of the South and 11 in 28 for Livingston. If he can add a few goals to his Rrrrs total he would be a very good number 9 for us.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 13 with 1176 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting and a bit of a reality check perhaps, listening to Nathan Jones, who was scathing about his own centre backs first half saying "Even I could have played against them 1st half"!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:14 - Jan 13 with 1170 viewsMickS

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

Interesting and a bit of a reality check perhaps, listening to Nathan Jones, who was scathing about his own centre backs first half saying "Even I could have played against them 1st half"!

Been gone too long.

Bananarama.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 23:02 - Jan 13 with 1079 viewsBoston

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 13 by francisbowles

It is worth remembering that they are also commentating for the audio only stream. Therefore he needs to get his half time review done straightaway and in one go, as there are no advertisements people will just walk away from their laptop etc and make a cuppa, get a beer etc.

Most people using audio, myself included, are opting for this service as we're doing something else anyway. Doubt many walk away from their laptop, I listen full volume on my phone usually, sometimes, especially when I have Brian the Chelsea fan on the jobsite, I'll broadcast through a speaker so he doesn't miss anything.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 23:04]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:45 - Jan 14 with 989 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 13 by francisbowles

Good point, I had forgotten about the audio only audience.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 14:58 - Jan 14 with 951 viewsBoston

Would anyone else like to join me in urging CFW to start the Wycombe thread?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 15:46 - Jan 14 with 923 viewsfrancisbowles

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 14:58 - Jan 14 by Boston

Would anyone else like to join me in urging CFW to start the Wycombe thread?

Need to start a thread saying CFW start the Wycombe thread!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:39 - Jan 16 with 813 viewsEsox_Lucius

Despite the comments that Luton are a poor side, their result today against AFC Bournemouth makes our result there much more creditable.

The grass is always greener.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 16 with 797 viewsCFW

I was thinking of trying to do the double but thought people might think starting two on the trot might not be acceptable so with the match postponed the decision was made for me👍👍
Thanks for your support and when we play the match I will, if ok with everyone I would be very happy to start the match thread😷😷😷😷
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:50 - Jan 16 with 790 viewsTacticalR

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:39 - Jan 16 by Esox_Lucius

Despite the comments that Luton are a poor side, their result today against AFC Bournemouth makes our result there much more creditable.

They've also beaten Norwich 3-1, Preston 3-0, and in their previous game before playing us beat Bristol City 2-1.

Air hostess clique

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:59 - Jan 16 with 769 viewsStanisgod

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:50 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

They've also beaten Norwich 3-1, Preston 3-0, and in their previous game before playing us beat Bristol City 2-1.

Bad results for us today.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:59 - Jan 16 with 765 viewsManinBlack

They won today because of a disgraceful decision to send the Bournemouth lad off in the first half for winning a header and his arm accidentally made contact with the opponents face. This gave Luton 64 minutes to play against 10 men.

Luton are good at home but away they have only scored 6 in total and had lost 4 of their previous 5 away games. Our draw at Bournemouth doesn't look so good now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024