Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get in the Sweaties 18:38 - Feb 6 with 2362 viewsrrrspricey

Get in the Sweaties on 18:47 - Feb 6 with 2320 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fantastic result for Scotland but I thought there was some strange decisions by Jones to pick Farrell, Itoje and Vunipola who've barely played in the last few months, despite this it was close and some of the defence by England was superb but really Scotland should have been much further ahead and on several occaisons nearly did the sort of cock up we expect of QPR in top comic fashion.

Nonetheless they won't care they got first win at Twickenham since 83, so fair play to them.

Not sure what it says about Jones decisions though when picking players who aren't playing at all when he always says he picks on form, when he doesn't.
Get in the Sweaties on 19:48 - Feb 6 with 2203 viewsSimonJames

Well deserved...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Get in the Sweaties on 19:55 - Feb 6 with 2177 viewsBlackCrowe

Very well deserved....4 pts difference doesn't tell the story.

Bizarre experimentation though from Eddie Jones though with the line up, bordeing on arrogance....do that against Italy or current Wales maybe.

Still at least we know that Farrell is not England's fly half.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Get in the Sweaties on 19:56 - Feb 6 with 2171 viewsToast_R

Well done Scotland, dominated that. Probably one of the worst games I've watched for England, didnt turn up at all.
Get in the Sweaties on 20:12 - Feb 6 with 2149 viewsstowmarketrange

Get in the Sweaties on 19:56 - Feb 6 by Toast_R

Well done Scotland, dominated that. Probably one of the worst games I've watched for England, didnt turn up at all.

Pretty similar to our performance in Paris last year then,and that turned out ok in the end.We need to play a lot better than that if we want to retain the 6 nations trophy.
Get in the Sweaties on 20:12 - Feb 6 with 2146 viewsbakerloo8

Get in the Sweaties on 18:47 - Feb 6 by TGRRRSSS

Fantastic result for Scotland but I thought there was some strange decisions by Jones to pick Farrell, Itoje and Vunipola who've barely played in the last few months, despite this it was close and some of the defence by England was superb but really Scotland should have been much further ahead and on several occaisons nearly did the sort of cock up we expect of QPR in top comic fashion.

Nonetheless they won't care they got first win at Twickenham since 83, so fair play to them.

Not sure what it says about Jones decisions though when picking players who aren't playing at all when he always says he picks on form, when he doesn't.

Dont think the Saracens lot were the problem for England, Itoje was our best player as usual. More the 5,6 and 13 brought in were nowhere near the standard required.
Not sure what Jones was thinking, and what he has been doing for the last 6 months but Ford and Lawes needed to start today. Bizarre decisions.

Not to take anything away from Scotland who were far superior in all departments and shouldve won by 20 points in all honesty, but we made it too easy for them.
Get in the Sweaties on 20:29 - Feb 6 with 2120 viewslondonscottish

F::: me. I've waited 38 years for that. Result.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Get in the Sweaties on 20:31 - Feb 6 with 2109 viewsbakerloo8

Get in the Sweaties on 20:29 - Feb 6 by londonscottish

F::: me. I've waited 38 years for that. Result.

U guys were brilliant. Fully deserved 👌
Login to get fewer ads

Get in the Sweaties on 10:10 - Feb 7 with 1972 viewsTGRRRSSS

Get in the Sweaties on 19:55 - Feb 6 by BlackCrowe

Very well deserved....4 pts difference doesn't tell the story.

Bizarre experimentation though from Eddie Jones though with the line up, bordeing on arrogance....do that against Italy or current Wales maybe.

Still at least we know that Farrell is not England's fly half.

I've noticed over time that Jones has an ability to do something odd and when it comes off he looks a genuis, there is the element of mad professor from him at times that can slide into looking like a clever dick - I think this happened a bit yesterday.
Get in the Sweaties on 10:16 - Feb 7 with 1950 viewsTGRRRSSS

Get in the Sweaties on 20:12 - Feb 6 by bakerloo8

Dont think the Saracens lot were the problem for England, Itoje was our best player as usual. More the 5,6 and 13 brought in were nowhere near the standard required.
Not sure what Jones was thinking, and what he has been doing for the last 6 months but Ford and Lawes needed to start today. Bizarre decisions.

Not to take anything away from Scotland who were far superior in all departments and shouldve won by 20 points in all honesty, but we made it too easy for them.

I didnt think Itoje was all that good yesterday personally, not the kind of all star round the paddock performance there were times I didnt think he was quite at it

It's odd with Jones he does seem to at times pick all over the shop with many coming and going in quick succession.

Planet Rugby gave Farrell only a 3 and Itoje a 6 - both should have found another club, given the ongoing Covid situation and Saracens being where they are, I guess their salaries are too large for most in the League atm though.

Likewise Vunipola only given a 4 and I think he's the kind of player who needs to be playing or he'll probably gain unwanted weight and not being match sharp will get monstered at this level.

Italy up next may help match sharpness to a degree but probably isnt the best preparation for France or Ireland and Wales to come.

All very odd
Get in the Sweaties on 22:44 - Feb 7 with 1819 viewsOregonQPR

We’ve got no chance of winning the championship being so negative and dull. Nowt wrong with kicking the ball if you do it effectively but we seem to just litter games with aimless box kicks instead of into open spaces or corners that make the opposition turn and/or put them into difficult places; I.e their own corners close to their try lines and with little angle for return kicks.

Similarly frustrating is how good our backs/wings are but how little of the ball they see as we don’t seem to spread the ball from wing-to-wing to stretch the game and seem to have such little patience for phases that can craft openings. We seem to give it a few cracks and get bored and resort to kicking with little accuracy.

Even late in the latter stages of the game we were kicking gifting them possession and not even forcing them to play defence.

During the reign of Eddie Jones we have always had a terrible time with the accumulation of penalties and that was exhibited agains yesterday. It really needs remedying.

The most surprising thing about yesterday was the victory margin being so slim given England’s all around ineptness. For the Scottish that may be reflective of where they are as a a team as the championship unfolds but I hope not and given that I don’t England think will be champions it would be nice to see Scotland win their first Six Nations. They haven’t even won a triple crown since 1990.
Get in the Sweaties on 23:14 - Feb 7 with 1792 viewsHamptonR

England were not good, Scotland were better and deserved their win but if Scotland are looking for a six nations trophy, triple crown or grand slam they should have beaten England by a much bigger margin.
Get in the Sweaties on 18:38 - Feb 27 with 1587 viewsTGRRRSSS

Wales just beaten England now 40-24
Get in the Sweaties on 22:20 - Feb 27 with 1429 viewsToast_R

Get in the Sweaties on 18:38 - Feb 27 by TGRRRSSS

Wales just beaten England now 40-24

Wel the referee gift wrapped the first two Welsh trys but the penalty count for England is whats killing them.

The covid era has not been kind, Saracens playing in tier 2 also damaging- Mauro Itoje gave away 5 penalties today, he's usually so good.

The Welsh though have really kicked on like Scotland.
Get in the Sweaties on 13:37 - Feb 28 with 1299 viewsstowmarketrange

Get in the Sweaties on 22:20 - Feb 27 by Toast_R

Wel the referee gift wrapped the first two Welsh trys but the penalty count for England is whats killing them.

The covid era has not been kind, Saracens playing in tier 2 also damaging- Mauro Itoje gave away 5 penalties today, he's usually so good.

The Welsh though have really kicked on like Scotland.

We overcame the dodgy decisions to get back to 24 all,but then ill discipline gave the game back to Wales again.We’ve given away too many penalties in all 3 games so far,and it’s costing us big time.
At least we won’t get the wooden spoon I guess.
Get in the Sweaties on 13:55 - Feb 28 with 1268 viewsTGRRRSSS

French refs are fruit cakes, but I am amazed Farrell didn't get punished for almost shouting at the ref - at some point that's going to cost him big time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024