Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Warburton. 08:59 - Feb 18 with 9860 viewsBostonR

You have to give him a huge amount of credit. I along with many others had my finger on the trigger for him to go. He has stuck to his principles, learnt some lessons in game management and put together a useful squad who can mix it up. Granted that Austin has been a talisman for us, but fair play to him, his coaches, Les and the Board for sticking with him.
Now, if he could only get Dykes and Bonne firing............
Well Done Warburton. on 09:03 - Feb 18 with 4588 viewsbakerloo8

Nice post and well said. Completely agree and my thoughts exactly. Thought we were looking relegation bound before Austin and Johanssen came in, but where Warburton got stick for our poor results conversly he should get great praise when it all falls into place. Great effort.

Also as you stated, need one of Dykes, Bonne or Kelman to really kick on now as we can't rely on Chas forever.
Well Done Warburton. on 09:04 - Feb 18 with 4594 viewsgazza1

it isn't just a good win against Brentford.....he has been doing very well ever since he got here. All this negative stuff about him shows how nieve some people are.
Well Done Warburton. on 09:10 - Feb 18 with 4532 viewsbakerloo8

Well Done Warburton. on 09:04 - Feb 18 by gazza1

it isn't just a good win against Brentford.....he has been doing very well ever since he got here. All this negative stuff about him shows how nieve some people are.

Not really. If things are bad and it looks like the club are going down the tubes then there is nothing wrong with saying so.
Fair play to Warburton for turnng things around. This doesn't change the fact that 6 games ago we were in a horrible position and questions needed to ba answered. This is not naievity.
Fortunately the questions have been answered
Well Done Warburton. on 09:11 - Feb 18 with 4517 views2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah maybe...

But wasting half a season with his stubbornness till he was forced to change.
Still picking Dykes to start, Give it up FFS
Lucky Very Lucky to get CA, I don't think he was the attraction or even had much to do with it.

True I just don't like him but the above is also true.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Well Done Warburton. on 09:14 - Feb 18 with 4516 viewsgazza1

Well Done Warburton. on 09:10 - Feb 18 by bakerloo8

Not really. If things are bad and it looks like the club are going down the tubes then there is nothing wrong with saying so.
Fair play to Warburton for turnng things around. This doesn't change the fact that 6 games ago we were in a horrible position and questions needed to ba answered. This is not naievity.

Considering the conditions, etc, etc that Warburton and the Team are working under he is doing very well......and he has been since he came here.
Well Done Warburton. on 09:16 - Feb 18 with 4492 viewstraininvain

Well Done Warburton. on 09:10 - Feb 18 by bakerloo8

Maybe a lesson for many to have more patience. Six games doesn’t make us world beaters nor does it make us a poor team overnight. Particularly when six games can come in a matter of weeks with the current schedule. Better to judge results over a longer period of time.
Well Done Warburton. on 09:19 - Feb 18 with 4465 viewsgazza1

Well Done Warburton. on 09:11 - Feb 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah maybe...

Lucky Very Lucky to get CA, I don't think he was the attraction or even had much to do with it.

No, you have to give changes a chance. It isn't easy to just change systems, players, patterns of play, etc, etc......it is not Sunday morning fottball!!

As for Dykes, he is giving him a proper chance....personally I think he is not good enough but we don't see him in training, we don't see his input at meetings, lots we do not see of other things, attitude, application....... apart from matches.

Why is he lucky with CA?? Do you not think that he said 'yes', do you not think that he has introduced him into the first team with caution, do you not think he has told him what his team priorities are??
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 9:22]
Well Done Warburton. on 09:24 - Feb 18 with 4408 viewsgazza1

Well Done Warburton. on 09:16 - Feb 18 by traininvain

Maybe a lesson for many to have more patience. Six games doesn’t make us world beaters nor does it make us a poor team overnight. Particularly when six games can come in a matter of weeks with the current schedule. Better to judge results over a longer period of time.

We certainly are not world beaters but we play to the best of our ability, application by all of them is proper good. He has done well with the money he has had.
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Warburton. on 09:27 - Feb 18 with 4385 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We were mostly playing alright before just couldn't score.

Mr Austin arrives back and. what da ya know...

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Well Done Warburton. on 09:34 - Feb 18 with 4323 viewsMyke

Well Done Warburton. on 09:04 - Feb 18 by gazza1

Things have certainly turned around since the start of the year and he must now be in with a shout for MOTM, certainly if we get a result v Bournemouth. To say 'he has been doing very well since he got here' is broadly true, in the sense that he has fulfilled the remit that he was given and then some. However, any manager that presides over long winless runs has to look at himself and say' how could I have snapped that earlier?' Because, as Birmingham, Huddersfield (and even Bristol City) are finding out, no matter how secure your position on the table looks, if you go on a long streak without winning, you are going to find yourself in bother.
The run through December was alarming, not so much because of the results or the performances (there were a few draws in there and bar Huddersfield and Swansea the games were tight), but because Warburton stubbornly refused to change his tactics or his team selection. Fair enough, he had limited personnel to shuffle the pack with and without a doubt the games were coming 'thick and fast' so very limited time on the training pitch, but his inflexibility to try new formations and even minor different team selections, when what he was doing patently wasn't working, was worrying.
Throughout December, any one of us could have picked the team (we frequently did on here) and any one of us could have trotted out the 'if only' excuses in his post -match press conferences.
Without a doubt the change in formation, the more pragmatic approach during the games (very interesting to hear Brentford fans callng us 'hoof-ball') and the arrival of some experienced players, have all contributed to our upturn in fortunes and Warburton and his staff and the much maligned hierarchy, all deserve huge credit for that.
But if we are really to 'kick on' and become the much craved for on this site 'competitive at the top end of the table', then Warburton needs to apply this newly discovered flexibility and pragmatism much earlier in a bad run, to nip it in the bud.
Well Done Warburton. on 09:35 - Feb 18 with 4299 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well Done Warburton. on 09:19 - Feb 18 by gazza1

No, you have to give changes a chance. It isn't easy to just change systems, players, patterns of play, etc, etc......it is not Sunday morning fottball!!

As for Dykes, he is giving him a proper chance....personally I think he is not good enough but we don't see him in training, we don't see his input at meetings, lots we do not see of other things, attitude, application....... apart from matches.

Why is he lucky with CA?? Do you not think that he said 'yes', do you not think that he has introduced him into the first team with caution, do you not think he has told him what his team priorities are??
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 9:22]

Dykes
I have 2 dogs they are wonderful at home but would never win Crufts

Said it a long time ago Washington Mk2

CA, caution, there is nothing in that, it's pretty standard for most players coming in.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 9:42]

Well Done Warburton. on 09:43 - Feb 18 with 4259 viewsRangersw12

Yeah maybe...

So entrenched in your negative views of Warburton that you can't give credit to a manager who's turned things around and now won 5 out of 6.

Bizarre behaviour from someone who's supposed to support the club
Well Done Warburton. on 09:54 - Feb 18 with 4158 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well Done Warburton. on 09:43 - Feb 18 by Rangersw12

So entrenched in your negative views of Warburton that you can't give credit to a manager who's turned things around and now won 5 out of 6.

Bizarre behaviour from someone who's supposed to support the club

Turned things around.
For how long?

A new Warburton?
Going to admit he was wrong?

I did not get it wrong calling him out and it's too early to say if he really has turned things around.

I dislike him but I don't hate him like I do Celery

Better Yes but the jury is still out.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 10:01]

Well Done Warburton. on 09:55 - Feb 18 with 4160 viewsrsonist

Well Done Warburton. on 09:16 - Feb 18 by traininvain

What you'll find though is a tendency to view recent changes as a rejection of previous events - or more accurately as a vindication of previous criticism: that the transfer window sticking plasters rectified grave systemic errors and/or that tactically Warbs was forced to swallow his pride and climb down off his lofty perch and so on.
Well Done Warburton. on 10:00 - Feb 18 with 4114 viewsdaveB

Yeah maybe...

it's not really true more your opinion. Dykes didn't play well last night (neither did Austin) but he was right to start him especially with Bonne injured.

Maybe he was lucky to get Austin but he has at least brought in players in positions that badly needed strengthening. If he improves on last season given the players we lost thats a superb effort by him
Well Done Warburton. on 10:18 - Feb 18 with 4002 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well Done Warburton. on 10:00 - Feb 18 by daveB

it's not really true more your opinion. Dykes didn't play well last night (neither did Austin) but he was right to start him especially with Bonne injured.

Maybe he was lucky to get Austin but he has at least brought in players in positions that badly needed strengthening. If he improves on last season given the players we lost thats a superb effort by him

Superb?
Oh come on, a tick for starting to do his job after a poor half-season but no gold star.

Well Done Warburton. on 10:20 - Feb 18 with 4001 viewsNorthantsHoop

All credit to Mark Warburton and the coaching team, we are no pushovers now, added a harder dimension to the team, especially in midfield, Johansen has been a peach of a signing, real hard quality. Got to give Charlie a lot of credit as well, he has galvanised the team, both his goals and inspiration. Looking solid at the back in the 3 formation, Barbet has been brilliant and Dickie doing great and Cameron has been regenerated in his defensive role, all backed up by having a very good keeper in Dieng. Thought Wallace was superb last night, really worked hard and created our 2nd goal. Things looking up.
Well Done Warburton. on 10:26 - Feb 18 with 3965 viewsgazza1

Well Done Warburton. on 09:34 - Feb 18 by Myke

Things have certainly turned around since the start of the year and he must now be in with a shout for MOTM, certainly if we get a result v Bournemouth. To say 'he has been doing very well since he got here' is broadly true, in the sense that he has fulfilled the remit that he was given and then some. However, any manager that presides over long winless runs has to look at himself and say' how could I have snapped that earlier?' Because, as Birmingham, Huddersfield (and even Bristol City) are finding out, no matter how secure your position on the table looks, if you go on a long streak without winning, you are going to find yourself in bother.
The run through December was alarming, not so much because of the results or the performances (there were a few draws in there and bar Huddersfield and Swansea the games were tight), but because Warburton stubbornly refused to change his tactics or his team selection. Fair enough, he had limited personnel to shuffle the pack with and without a doubt the games were coming 'thick and fast' so very limited time on the training pitch, but his inflexibility to try new formations and even minor different team selections, when what he was doing patently wasn't working, was worrying.
Throughout December, any one of us could have picked the team (we frequently did on here) and any one of us could have trotted out the 'if only' excuses in his post -match press conferences.
Without a doubt the change in formation, the more pragmatic approach during the games (very interesting to hear Brentford fans callng us 'hoof-ball') and the arrival of some experienced players, have all contributed to our upturn in fortunes and Warburton and his staff and the much maligned hierarchy, all deserve huge credit for that.
But if we are really to 'kick on' and become the much craved for on this site 'competitive at the top end of the table', then Warburton needs to apply this newly discovered flexibility and pragmatism much earlier in a bad run, to nip it in the bud.

1-I dont know the remit he was given when he took the job so I cant really comment on that.
2 -I am sure that MW and his team do look at much detail why the winless streak went on for so long but if you analysis the matches and results, etc then I don't think we got much 'rub of the green' and should have won more of them the way we played, against so called top sides....Swansea, B'mouth, Reading, Norwich and Bristol at that time. Wycombe is another game where we should have secured 3 points. The main issue was we was not creating good chances and when we did we didn't take the opportunity.
3 - You can change tactics, formations, players, whatever but if you don't take your chances then you are not going to win. We missed massive chances at Norwich & B'mouth - both going up I would expect - and Millwall.
4 - I agreed, somewhat, re playing the same players but I would suggest that the 2 x full backs changed often, Ball was in/out. Not sure with the squad we have how many more changes can be expected. Many of them pick themselves basically.
5 - My view is the big change the way we play is since Carroll got injured.....we no longer 'fanny' with the ball in the midfield, passing sideways, little passes here and there, getting it back, etc, etc. We now have a much more positive midfield who runs much more, tackles a lot more and works more, crosses more. Not blaming it all on Carroll but he was a major influence in midfield.
6 - The difficulty now is 'kicking on'....it isn't going to be easy but I have said many times I expect a top ten finish with MW leading us all the way.

Well, that is my view anyways.....I'm glass 'half full' and very pleased how we are doing as a Club.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 10:28]
Well Done Warburton. on 10:37 - Feb 18 with 3923 viewsPaddyhoops

Think he's done really well. Fair enough three months ago if we were 2 down after 10 minutes against Brentford I wouldn't have been remotely surprised.
Last night and over the last couple of months you know were going to compete for 90 minutes.
Superb goalkeeper and a rearranged defence have contributed to the up turn.
The elephant in the room is the loan signings, last night Johanson was brilliant, Charlie was Charlie and Field had a brilliant debut. Sticking plaster maybe but its got us out of the brown stuff.
I expect johanson and Field will sign permanently next season which will be a huge plus.
Our new signings such as Dykes and willock are a mixed bag.
Dykes worries me. I hope he proves me wrong and starts banging a few in. Signs aren't good.
Willock has a touch of class and will be more than an adequate replacement for BOS who decent as he was had survived on a 3 month purple patch last season .
Stick with warbs. Regardless of peoples opinions he's done well. I could be wrong but the closest we've got to the bottom three in his time here is about four points. Always pulls out the stops!!
Well Done Warburton. on 10:44 - Feb 18 with 3890 viewsHarbour

Big improvement In results and performance against teams in top half of the league Watford Norwich Brentford Blackburn. Well done Mark great seeing us winning ugly
Well Done Warburton. on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 3808 viewsdaveB

Well Done Warburton. on 10:18 - Feb 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Superb?
Oh come on, a tick for starting to do his job after a poor half-season but no gold star.

I think if (and it's a big if) we finish in the top half after losing Eze, Wells, Hugil, Manning and Bright for half a season thats a superb effort. We haven't done that yet but it's something we should be aiming for now.
Well Done Warburton. on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 3807 viewsqprphil

I think a lot of things have happened, an outstanding keeper has made Kane and Wallace much better players, Dickie has been magnificent, Austin is Austin and, I fully expect Warburton to get the best out of Dykes. Maybe not this season, but I expect him to be firing on all cylinders next one. Also confidence makes a massive difference, ask Bristol City fans.
Well Done Warburton. on 11:09 - Feb 18 with 3776 viewsPinnerPaul

Well Done Warburton. on 09:54 - Feb 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Turned things around.
For how long?

A new Warburton?
Going to admit he was wrong?

I did not get it wrong calling him out and it's too early to say if he really has turned things around.

I dislike him but I don't hate him like I do Celery

Better Yes but the jury is still out.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 10:01]

If 5/6 is 'too early' to say he has turned it around then surely it was 'too early' to call for his sacking during the 'bad' run?

Equally if he was 'lucky' to get Austin, then he was equally 'unlucky' to get Dykes?

Both wrong descriptions in my view.

It IS valid to think we should be in a certain position after 46 games, based on the players we have, and then criticise when we don't get there.

Based on that criteria, where do you think this squad should be come May?
Well Done Warburton. on 11:09 - Feb 18 with 3774 viewsQPR_John

Well Done Warburton. on 10:37 - Feb 18 by Paddyhoops

Think he's done really well. Fair enough three months ago if we were 2 down after 10 minutes against Brentford I wouldn't have been remotely surprised.
Last night and over the last couple of months you know were going to compete for 90 minutes.
Superb goalkeeper and a rearranged defence have contributed to the up turn.
The elephant in the room is the loan signings, last night Johanson was brilliant, Charlie was Charlie and Field had a brilliant debut. Sticking plaster maybe but its got us out of the brown stuff.
I expect johanson and Field will sign permanently next season which will be a huge plus.
Our new signings such as Dykes and willock are a mixed bag.
Dykes worries me. I hope he proves me wrong and starts banging a few in. Signs aren't good.
Willock has a touch of class and will be more than an adequate replacement for BOS who decent as he was had survived on a 3 month purple patch last season .
Stick with warbs. Regardless of peoples opinions he's done well. I could be wrong but the closest we've got to the bottom three in his time here is about four points. Always pulls out the stops!!

"I expect johanson and Field will sign permanently next season which will be a huge plus."

Have we a cast iron option on Field, I hope so. The three loan players are all from clubs likely to be relegated. If they do well for us in the Championship those clubs might have to rethink.
Well Done Warburton. on 11:11 - Feb 18 with 3761 viewsMaggsinho

Well Done Warburton. on 11:09 - Feb 18 by QPR_John

"I expect johanson and Field will sign permanently next season which will be a huge plus."

Have we a cast iron option on Field, I hope so. The three loan players are all from clubs likely to be relegated. If they do well for us in the Championship those clubs might have to rethink.

Pretty sure we have an option to take Field permanently. Johansen and Charlie, not so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024