Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Warburton. 08:59 - Feb 18 with 9934 viewsBostonR

You have to give him a huge amount of credit. I along with many others had my finger on the trigger for him to go. He has stuck to his principles, learnt some lessons in game management and put together a useful squad who can mix it up. Granted that Austin has been a talisman for us, but fair play to him, his coaches, Les and the Board for sticking with him.
Now, if he could only get Dykes and Bonne firing............
Well Done Warburton. on 12:58 - Feb 19 with 1479 viewswood_hoop

Well Done Warburton. on 12:15 - Feb 19 by robith

Is anyone else still buzzing from Wednesday? It's proper made my week

yep, nice to have match days approaching and not have some trepidation.
Well Done Warburton. on 13:13 - Feb 19 with 1448 viewsloftus77

Well Done Warburton. on 15:03 - Feb 18 by ChrisNW6

Since Holloway 2001-2006 we have had 25 managerial changes and apart from Warnock 2010-12, I think Warburton has been the best appointment.

I like his brand of football and working within the financial constraints. Even if the club was relegated I would stick with him.

There is a lot of good work being done at the club right now and Warburton deserves recognition for his part.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 15:31]

This. I felt even in the dark December days that we need Warbs more than he needs us. That's held true ever since he joined IMHO.

Nothing tough about his brief, was there? - 'the biggest net fine in world sport' and 'by the way, once you've made a success of that, we're taking 45+ goals out of your team. On you go.'

I know these days most managers are never 6 straight losses away form the sack, but with Warbs he could really put down anchor here for years and shape a team and club - if he wants to. This should even hold true if we were to drop.

No one is 'bomb-proof' (#CraigLevein) but as said before, the strategy of employing a manager and sticking with him and his philosophy/belief through thick and thin is the only one QPR have never deployed in recent times. The only one.
Well Done Warburton. on 13:21 - Feb 19 with 1406 viewstimcocking

Indeed. Credit also to the board for holding their nerve. Just imagine how well we'll do once he drops Dykes.
Well Done Warburton. on 13:27 - Feb 19 with 1407 viewsW7Ranger

Well Done Warburton. on 13:21 - Feb 19 by timcocking

Indeed. Credit also to the board for holding their nerve. Just imagine how well we'll do once he drops Dykes.

Conversely I hope Warbs will hold his nerve and will continue to support/believe in Dykes, despite the negativity from some.
Well Done Warburton. on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 1367 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well Done Warburton. on 13:21 - Feb 19 by timcocking

Dykes

If you don't get 20 downvotes for that (like me), you not trying hard enough.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Well Done Warburton. on 17:34 - Feb 19 with 1305 viewsPinnerPaul

Well Done Warburton. on 12:12 - Feb 19 by Esox_Lucius

Due to the amount of money that Colin had at his disposal to get promoted that season I would put Warburton as our third best manager in my time after Venables & Stock. Possibly tied with Jago.

Sexton??????!!!!!!!
Well Done Warburton. on 18:37 - Feb 19 with 1260 viewsChrisNW6

Well Done Warburton. on 17:34 - Feb 19 by PinnerPaul

Sexton??????!!!!!!!

Gerry Francis??
Jim Smith??

I like Warbs but he's got a bit more to prove to better some of our 70, 80 and 90s managers
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 18:39]
Well Done Warburton. on 20:25 - Feb 19 with 1219 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well Done Warburton. on 17:34 - Feb 19 by PinnerPaul

Sexton??????!!!!!!!

Most of team building on Sexton's team was done by Jago IMO. He rarely gets the credit he deserves.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Warburton. on 20:27 - Feb 19 with 1216 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well Done Warburton. on 18:37 - Feb 19 by ChrisNW6

Gerry Francis??
Jim Smith??

I like Warbs but he's got a bit more to prove to better some of our 70, 80 and 90s managers
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 18:39]

He's the first one to have to do it on a real shoestring budget and that, IMO, caries a lot of weight in my consideration.

The grass is always greener.

Well Done Warburton. on 03:03 - Feb 20 with 1145 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Well Done Warburton. on 19:25 - Feb 18 by ChrisNW6

Really glad MW has taken on-board constructive criticism, what's his username and favourite cheese 🧀 😀

Earlier in the season it was Edam; tasty but full of holes. A more pragmatic MW now enjoys a slice of robust mature cheddar.

On a serious note if you think QPR staff don't read this stuff, think again. They may pretend to ignore social media but their interviews belie this.
Well Done Warburton. on 09:13 - Feb 20 with 1079 viewsessextaxiboy

I reluctantly thought he should go after the run of games that were like Groundhog Day where the games all went the same way , goals conceded the same way , sliding down the table , his remarks that they didnt coach defending , the same substitutions to try and change the game in the same way that didnt work .

Really pleased that he has turned it around , we play some lovely stuff and now go toe to toe with the best in this league . We threw loads of points away at the start even if you just count penaltys conceded . Add those points back in and we would be right up there
Well Done Warburton. on 09:50 - Feb 20 with 1028 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is everyone trying to milk as much good feeling from our recent form as possible in these troubled times, and a handful of posters determined to ruin it.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 9:52]
Well Done Warburton. on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 897 viewsHarbour

Well done MW good game plan 3 tactical subs worked well. In a tough game we won ugly again and great credit to Todd Kane with well taken winner. If Bonne had taken one of those chances would have put gloss on the win. Well done rangers well done MW
Well Done Warburton. on 18:37 - Feb 20 with 851 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well well well. On we go. Fantastic stuff Mr Warburton. Delightful
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024