Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strength in depth. 08:23 - Feb 21 with 2257 viewsbakerloo8

Adomah, Willock, Bonne and Field all came on as subs yesterday. When did we last have such strength in depth as this? and how comes it all seems to of happened all of a sudden.
Brilliant work by the club, and as teams have been struggling with all the games we seem to be getting stronger and stronger as the games go on.
I know we have been fortunate with injuries with only our central midfield being out long term and our postponed games have also helped with regards fitness but I'm buzzing about the future with this squad.
Strength in depth. on 08:27 - Feb 21 with 2229 viewsdublinr

There's also Thomas. You never know, we might see something of him - and something of what warbs saw in him.

Strength in depth. on 08:58 - Feb 21 with 2128 viewsnix

Strength in depth. on 08:27 - Feb 21 by dublinr

There's also Thomas. You never know, we might see something of him - and something of what warbs saw in him.

Yes, good point about Thomas. He's looked really good at times in his recent little cameos.
Strength in depth. on 09:05 - Feb 21 with 2100 viewsgazza1

We have a good all round squad......many are a decent age as well. Plenty of room to improve.
Strength in depth. on 09:14 - Feb 21 with 2059 viewsBlue_Castello

Dare I say it I thought Niko did OK as well, he's taken a lot of stick but like the rest of the subs provided plenty of energy when it was needed, he looks far more comfortable at wing back....
Strength in depth. on 09:16 - Feb 21 with 2046 viewsgazza1

Strength in depth. on 09:14 - Feb 21 by Blue_Castello

Dare I say it I thought Niko did OK as well, he's taken a lot of stick but like the rest of the subs provided plenty of energy when it was needed, he looks far more comfortable at wing back....

Niko is fair cover for Wallace.
Strength in depth. on 09:32 - Feb 21 with 2004 viewsnix

Strength in depth. on 09:14 - Feb 21 by Blue_Castello

I agree. He also nearly got on the end of the cross that Kane put in for our second. While I agree that I've probably been too harsh on Kane, others have been too harsh on Niko. He may not yet be our first choice left back, but many people wrote Furlong off as a right back, and he's not doing badly now!
Strength in depth. on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 1995 viewstimcocking

A cunning way of quickly increasing the squad strength in depth...keep some of the better players on the bench and start you're worst players. Genius, ahem.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Strength in depth. on 09:35 - Feb 21 with 2000 viewsbosh67

If you think we have Carroll and Amos out for the rest of the season and the Dutch CB hasn't even started yet. Cameron, Johansen and Austin have given the team an experienced spine. We also have the highly experienced Albert on the bench who changes the dynamics every time he comes on plus the likes of Willock who is growing in confidence every week. This team looks very balanced finally.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Strength in depth. on 10:27 - Feb 21 with 1877 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yes, with Johansen and Austin we suddenly have a more solid spine and look more dangerous up top. Even the weaker parts of the team look okay. I know Clive was banging on about it for ages but it's incredible how bolstering that midfield with Johansen improved everything. And as for his goal yeserday - that just wasn't happening anytime before. Big fan.

Fair play to the club because I've certainly been critical of their recruitment in the last few seasons. Field looks mint, Willock is class and Dickie is our player of the season.
Strength in depth. on 10:45 - Feb 21 with 1815 viewsbakerloo8

Strength in depth. on 10:27 - Feb 21 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yes, with Johansen and Austin we suddenly have a more solid spine and look more dangerous up top. Even the weaker parts of the team look okay. I know Clive was banging on about it for ages but it's incredible how bolstering that midfield with Johansen improved everything. And as for his goal yeserday - that just wasn't happening anytime before. Big fan.

Fair play to the club because I've certainly been critical of their recruitment in the last few seasons. Field looks mint, Willock is class and Dickie is our player of the season.

Tbf if Dieng is'nt player of the season by a country mile then I will eat my own hat :)

Point taken though, and agree. Bar a couple of misfiring strikers our recruitment as been spot on recently.
Strength in depth. on 11:02 - Feb 21 with 1771 viewslondonscottish

Strength in depth. on 10:45 - Feb 21 by bakerloo8

Tbf if Dieng is'nt player of the season by a country mile then I will eat my own hat :)

Point taken though, and agree. Bar a couple of misfiring strikers our recruitment as been spot on recently.

Haven't seen such a prolific shot-stopper between the sticks since Paddy Kenny.

They both have/had the knack of pulling off a couple of worldies every game.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Strength in depth. on 12:14 - Feb 21 with 1707 viewsderbyhoop

To return to the topic, we had 20 players involved yesterday. The only 2 others are de Wijs and Thomas. It's not much to get through another 17 games. Are any of the U23s even close to breaking through?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strength in depth. on 12:30 - Feb 21 with 1661 viewsLazyFan

Strength in depth. on 12:14 - Feb 21 by derbyhoop

To return to the topic, we had 20 players involved yesterday. The only 2 others are de Wijs and Thomas. It's not much to get through another 17 games. Are any of the U23s even close to breaking through?

Isn't Smyth back now?

zzzzzzzzzz

Strength in depth. on 12:36 - Feb 21 with 1638 viewsnix

Strength in depth. on 12:30 - Feb 21 by LazyFan

Isn't Smyth back now?

No he's at Accrington Stanley
Strength in depth. on 13:00 - Feb 21 with 1590 viewssevenhoop

Strength in depth. on 11:02 - Feb 21 by londonscottish

Haven't seen such a prolific shot-stopper between the sticks since Paddy Kenny.

They both have/had the knack of pulling off a couple of worldies every game.

I've been going since the mid-60's and i have to say that i think, on this season's form, he is up there with the very best we have ever had.
Strength in depth. on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 1489 viewsgazza1

Strength in depth. on 13:00 - Feb 21 by sevenhoop

I've been going since the mid-60's and i have to say that i think, on this season's form, he is up there with the very best we have ever had.

Yes, could be right.....He has exceeded all expectations that I had. Well played to him ad a massive bonus for the team.
Strength in depth. on 16:33 - Feb 21 with 1267 viewsPinnerPaul

Might make myself look an idiot but I'm going big on Field.

Think he is an excellent player - proper pre season and and a decent first half of next season and we might have to fend off interest in him next Jan.

Watch this space!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 17:01]
Strength in depth. on 16:41 - Feb 21 with 1249 viewsW7Ranger

Strength in depth. on 16:33 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

Might make myself look an idiot but I'm going big on Field.

Think he is an excellent player - proper pre season and and a decent first half of next season and we might have to fend off interest in him next Jan.

Watch this space!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 17:01]

Agree Pinner.

From what little I've seen of him, I really like him. Seems really grounded off the pitch too for someone of his age.

Really excited about his potential.
Strength in depth. on 16:43 - Feb 21 with 1244 viewsMyke

Strength in depth. on 13:00 - Feb 21 by sevenhoop

I respect your wealth of knowledge, but as good a Parkes? Let's give him another couple of years (if he stays that long) and see how he is doing then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024