Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extended highlights on the offish 09:21 - Feb 21 with 853 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-qpr-2-afc-bournemouth-1-20022

Well ground out lads. Defence looks much more solid. Dieng's positioning is superb. Midfield looks much more robust and tough. Seem to take most of their chances and the subs are also very strong and stretch tiring defences as well.

Little shout out for Bonne. He'll be annoyed he didn't take one of the 3 chances that came to him but he's invariably in the right place and those will start going in. If he can get more sharpness into his finishing he'll be fine for us over the years and will score goals.

The lad Mepham who gave away the ball for Johansen to score is a lifelong QPR fan. That must be a weird feeling.

Otherwise, we just look much more like a team that's together and fighting for these matches at a level that finally looks comfortable.

Shame the commentator forgot to switch his mic on! Good impression of Robert Brydon's man in a box!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 9:24]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Extended highlights on the offish on 09:29 - Feb 21 with 812 viewsdavman

Since they changed things to put a stock" commentary in on the highlights, the production of those highlights has been poor at best. The commentary is simply not up to the Sinton-London standard and the sound quality this weekend was worse than most YouTube vids my son watches - another example of the "Corporate" product being much worse.

Looking back on it, Bonne's first miss was a shocker; the other two were not quite as straightforward.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Extended highlights on the offish on 09:45 - Feb 21 with 786 viewsrsonist

Given the way we rejected him Mepham might hate us now for all we know. At very least he's probably cross his bungle had to happen here of all places.

"To be honest, I felt the way I got treated there was really poor. I had a six-week trial to showcase myself.

"After two weeks we had a meeting. They asked me how I thought I was getting on and I felt after two weeks that it was hard to show my potential. They said it was the end of the road because when they sign a player, they look for one real standout attribute. They said I had nothing they could work with. It was very hard to take.

"I remember my dad turned around and said: ‘He was at Chelsea for six years. There must be something there.’”

“My mindset after that was awful; that took a massive chunk out of me. "
Extended highlights on the offish on 09:54 - Feb 21 with 765 viewsnix

Extended highlights on the offish on 09:45 - Feb 21 by rsonist

Given the way we rejected him Mepham might hate us now for all we know. At very least he's probably cross his bungle had to happen here of all places.

"To be honest, I felt the way I got treated there was really poor. I had a six-week trial to showcase myself.

"After two weeks we had a meeting. They asked me how I thought I was getting on and I felt after two weeks that it was hard to show my potential. They said it was the end of the road because when they sign a player, they look for one real standout attribute. They said I had nothing they could work with. It was very hard to take.

"I remember my dad turned around and said: ‘He was at Chelsea for six years. There must be something there.’”

“My mindset after that was awful; that took a massive chunk out of me. "

I'd like to think our current coaching staff wouldn't turn someone like him down. This was nine years ago, so I'm hoping our talent spotting has improved since then!
Extended highlights on the offish on 10:14 - Feb 21 with 738 viewskropotkin41

I think Bonne just needs a change of luck. Three chances like that means he's getting into the right places. The first one was a nightmare, but he fought for the other two. He'll start scoring eventually.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Extended highlights on the offish on 10:34 - Feb 21 with 708 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Extended highlights on the offish on 10:14 - Feb 21 by kropotkin41

I think Bonne just needs a change of luck. Three chances like that means he's getting into the right places. The first one was a nightmare, but he fought for the other two. He'll start scoring eventually.

This. When he stops having chances I’ll worry.
Extended highlights on the offish on 11:56 - Feb 21 with 645 viewsrsonist

Extended highlights on the offish on 09:54 - Feb 21 by nix

I'd like to think our current coaching staff wouldn't turn someone like him down. This was nine years ago, so I'm hoping our talent spotting has improved since then!

Mistakes happen, in truth they're often not even really mistakes and players just develop at different ways and times. More important though is that we never leave a kid feeling like that, if that's what was said.
Extended highlights on the offish on 12:43 - Feb 21 with 602 viewsnix

Extended highlights on the offish on 11:56 - Feb 21 by rsonist

Mistakes happen, in truth they're often not even really mistakes and players just develop at different ways and times. More important though is that we never leave a kid feeling like that, if that's what was said.

That's a better point, yes.
Extended highlights on the offish on 12:59 - Feb 21 with 577 viewsdistortR

Extended highlights on the offish on 11:56 - Feb 21 by rsonist

"if that's what was said" is important. It may be natural bitterness to rejection that has him translating what was actually said to take in how he took it, indeed I hope so. If not, then that's really poor.
Anyway, well done to him since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024