Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 21:06 - Mar 2 with 68561 viewsSandyman

Any predictions as to how it will go?

I'm guessing the script will be 100% "poor little Rochdale". Never mind the struggles of other clubs, NOBODY will have had it as bad as "poor little Rochdale". We can't compete with anyone, ever, because we are "poor little Rochdale". Being in 4 consecutive relegation dogfights in League One will be repeated as "historic success". Ambition and positivity will not be mentioned as those present salute each others abilities.
Add lashings of extra "poor little Rochdale" for good measure.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 21:14]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 16:02 - Mar 11 with 2594 viewsseasidedale

BBM contract extension, relegation a certainty then, might as well experiment for next season now, dark days for club now.
As an aside what about making BBM sporting director and appoint a new manager?
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 16:07 - Mar 11 with 2568 viewsD_Alien

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 16:02 - Mar 11 by seasidedale

BBM contract extension, relegation a certainty then, might as well experiment for next season now, dark days for club now.
As an aside what about making BBM sporting director and appoint a new manager?

I don't think he's got the breadth of experience for a Sporting Director role. Although he can pick a prospect, his adherence to a failed 'philosophy' would put him at constant odds with a manager who was results-driven

The fact i've even had to type that last sentence pains me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 16:22 - Mar 11 with 2498 viewsHopwoodblue

Apart from the usual “we’ve no money” which is standard even if we had spent three seasons in the Premier League the message would still be same I’m sure, god knows how many back room staff we would have then and we’re they would all work.
Anyway you would think from the body language and tone from the managerial team we were sat in mid table obscurity, BBM joking about missing the people in the main stand giving him advice, seems all this is like water off a ducks back to him. They say managers lose the dressing room I think the directors are in danger of losing the fan base.
I noticed Mr Bottomley didn’t seem pleased always having to answer the questions constantly saying I think all the directors should be answering these questions.
Just thought it was all a bit laid back, a case of let’s get this over with.
Apart from giving them money I think they see us as interfering pain in the ar$es questioning their credibility to run a football club.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 16:50 - Mar 11 with 2428 viewstony_roch975

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 14:58 - Mar 11 by fitzochris

And I proceed to outline potential mitigation in the subsequent paragraphs, but you know that, as you’ve read it.

I do but it still was written from a particular slant reflecting all your posts on this Forum on the subject of BBM etc - and of course you're as entitled as the rest of us to express your opinion but I was challenging the claim that it was a completely 'disinterested' article. I would argue the first rule for a reader (of anything) is who wrote it, what's their history and what's their agenda.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:01 - Mar 11 with 2387 viewsMass_Debater

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 16:50 - Mar 11 by tony_roch975

I do but it still was written from a particular slant reflecting all your posts on this Forum on the subject of BBM etc - and of course you're as entitled as the rest of us to express your opinion but I was challenging the claim that it was a completely 'disinterested' article. I would argue the first rule for a reader (of anything) is who wrote it, what's their history and what's their agenda.

Have you actually read it?
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:04 - Mar 11 with 2374 viewsJimmyRustler

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:01 - Mar 11 by Mass_Debater

Read a few lines, took a disliking and then went for a Tommy tank.

(Him not me btw)

Edit: Yes, that was meant specifically for you Mass Debater
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 17:05]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:12 - Mar 11 with 2346 viewsBillyRudd

I think having witnessed a good percentage of the forum last night, I thought the answer as to why the two Americans have declined an offer to join the board was pretty self evident.
Without knowing there long term motives, why in heavens name would they want to at this time. Short term we are hardly a glowing reference for their database.
I think their "thanks but no thanks" is purely and simply a sensible reaction to the current situation. These two chaps may be the salt of the earth but they do not have any empathy with the club borne out of experience or birthright so are hardly likely to make an irrational decision to join at this time.
If as I believe (enhanced by the news today on BBM,s contract) we are on the cusp of a downward spiral, they can bide their time until we are on our uppers and possibly take control for a far cheaper cost further down the line. The big question here is just how sticky some of the larger shareholdings are going to be in the future.
A further question regarding the BBM contract debacle is just how many of the players knew of the 2022 end date. If their efforts (no sniggering at the back please) have been based to a degree on trying to save BBM,s job, then some may not take kindly to a feeling of having been taken for a ride.
What we need are three points on Saturday (I said no sniggering at the back) and the world will seem a better place. Did I say three points or a goal? Yep 0-1 will do me.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:20 - Mar 11 with 2309 viewsD_Alien

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:12 - Mar 11 by BillyRudd

I think having witnessed a good percentage of the forum last night, I thought the answer as to why the two Americans have declined an offer to join the board was pretty self evident.
Without knowing there long term motives, why in heavens name would they want to at this time. Short term we are hardly a glowing reference for their database.
I think their "thanks but no thanks" is purely and simply a sensible reaction to the current situation. These two chaps may be the salt of the earth but they do not have any empathy with the club borne out of experience or birthright so are hardly likely to make an irrational decision to join at this time.
If as I believe (enhanced by the news today on BBM,s contract) we are on the cusp of a downward spiral, they can bide their time until we are on our uppers and possibly take control for a far cheaper cost further down the line. The big question here is just how sticky some of the larger shareholdings are going to be in the future.
A further question regarding the BBM contract debacle is just how many of the players knew of the 2022 end date. If their efforts (no sniggering at the back please) have been based to a degree on trying to save BBM,s job, then some may not take kindly to a feeling of having been taken for a ride.
What we need are three points on Saturday (I said no sniggering at the back) and the world will seem a better place. Did I say three points or a goal? Yep 0-1 will do me.

As you say, pretty self-evident why the Americans took a rain check

The one person who might've been able to shed light was AK, whose dealings with them around buying shares off him was (shall we say) a little bit underhand from one point of view but on the other, a canny test of their mettle. Don't think it'll have enamoured him to them and it's possible his accepting the interim Chairman role might've had a part to play

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/statement--andrew-kelly/

[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 17:30]

Login to get fewer ads

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:28 - Mar 11 with 2280 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 16:50 - Mar 11 by tony_roch975

His agenda is in there isn’t it? Wanting the best for the club. If nothing else is taken from the article, that’s the overriding theme.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:35 - Mar 11 with 2247 viewsBillyRudd

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:20 - Mar 11 by D_Alien

As you say, pretty self-evident why the Americans took a rain check

The one person who might've been able to shed light was AK, whose dealings with them around buying shares off him was (shall we say) a little bit underhand from one point of view but on the other, a canny test of their mettle. Don't think it'll have enamoured him to them and it's possible his accepting the interim Chairman role might've had a part to play

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/statement--andrew-kelly/

[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 17:30]

Indeed D Alien. I recall at the time of the announcement of their joining (not to be), that several asked what had changed with AK regarding his missive of 2019?

Edit Apologies 2020
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 17:36]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:39 - Mar 11 with 2233 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:35 - Mar 11 by BillyRudd

Indeed D Alien. I recall at the time of the announcement of their joining (not to be), that several asked what had changed with AK regarding his missive of 2019?

Edit Apologies 2020
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 17:36]

Wasn't said missive relating to Dan & Emre owning a controlling share of the club? There hasn't been any mention of them increasing their shareholding has there?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:45 - Mar 11 with 2207 viewsD_Alien

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:39 - Mar 11 by James1980

Wasn't said missive relating to Dan & Emre owning a controlling share of the club? There hasn't been any mention of them increasing their shareholding has there?

Now, if they haven't already viewed it, if anyone was naughty enough to provide them with the video - pointing out the timings relevant to them, and including the BBM contract debacle as GR did a passable impression of Rip Van Winkle...

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:54 - Mar 11 with 2181 viewskel

They’ve now taken to hiding replies from fans on Twitter. We’re turning into bury aren’t we?

[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 17:55]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:56 - Mar 11 with 2175 viewstodmordendale

Was not able to partake last night. Did anyone ask why the tactics of passing around and across your own penalty box were still being used despite the obvious failure. Did anyone query Morley’s continued quarter back position by the left corner flag and launching it to no one.
Did anyone query why the style of possession play was so abysmal by players not capable of it yet still persists.
Did anyone acknowledge that the reason we are rock bottom is because of the sterile tactics.
There is nothing wrong with launching the ball into the opponent’s box with a couple of big lads creating havoc. Playing in your own area is nowhere near where the ball should be to win games.
Did anyone question this. ?
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:00 - Mar 11 with 2165 viewsboromat

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:56 - Mar 11 by todmordendale

Was not able to partake last night. Did anyone ask why the tactics of passing around and across your own penalty box were still being used despite the obvious failure. Did anyone query Morley’s continued quarter back position by the left corner flag and launching it to no one.
Did anyone query why the style of possession play was so abysmal by players not capable of it yet still persists.
Did anyone acknowledge that the reason we are rock bottom is because of the sterile tactics.
There is nothing wrong with launching the ball into the opponent’s box with a couple of big lads creating havoc. Playing in your own area is nowhere near where the ball should be to win games.

All were asked and answered. Wording may have differed slightly.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:09 - Mar 11 with 2137 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:45 - Mar 11 by D_Alien

Now, if they haven't already viewed it, if anyone was naughty enough to provide them with the video - pointing out the timings relevant to them, and including the BBM contract debacle as GR did a passable impression of Rip Van Winkle...

Not sure how that relates to AK saying we told DA & EM thanks but no thanks to their derisory offer. 'MY SHARES ARE NOT FOR SALE'.
'Come join the board guys'. 'We'd love to!' 'Actually on second thought can we have a think about it'

Are you suggesting they got wind of the contract extension before last night and got cold feet because of that?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:19 - Mar 11 with 2106 viewsD_Alien

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:09 - Mar 11 by James1980

Not sure how that relates to AK saying we told DA & EM thanks but no thanks to their derisory offer. 'MY SHARES ARE NOT FOR SALE'.
'Come join the board guys'. 'We'd love to!' 'Actually on second thought can we have a think about it'

Are you suggesting they got wind of the contract extension before last night and got cold feet because of that?

I'm saying they're entitled to full possession of the facts before making a major decision about joining the board, and that includes insight into fellow board members

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:24 - Mar 11 with 2082 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:56 - Mar 11 by todmordendale

Morley question asked at 1:54:30.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:34 - Mar 11 with 2041 viewsIOMDale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:54 - Mar 11 by kel

They’ve now taken to hiding replies from fans on Twitter. We’re turning into bury aren’t we?

Hasn’t Kim Jong-un got enough on his plate back in Pyongyang without overseeing the club’s social media feeds?

UTDNFS

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:44 - Mar 11 with 1987 views49thseason

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:09 - Mar 11 by James1980

My guess would be that the contract extension was at their behest. If they do get involved at the club beyond their current shareholdings, they would want a manager that could see the benefit of their system.
The delay in their arrival as directors has been longer than you might expect but then if the board, or large group of the board, has decided to go along with their takeover bid, maybe the Fit and Proper test for owners takes longer. It occured to me that the departure of Andrew Kilpatrick was maybe caused by other directors saying "either its the Americans or you have to put your hand in your pocket" especially if Andrew Kelly has not been well of late and therefore felt unable to commit the time and energy he might once have done to be the captain of the ship. The appointment of a Sporting Director was also a plank of the Americans plans and seems to be going ahead contrary to the evidence of a financial position that would otherwise preclude bringing in new people.
I think there will be some big changes not too far in the future.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:45 - Mar 11 with 1983 viewsDaleiLama

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:54 - Mar 11 by kel

That truly beggar's belief. Open communication as long as it's one way and on (RAFC) message. What is happening to the soul of this club? Please put your hands in your pockets after you've put your gag on?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:07 - Mar 11 with 1915 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:19 - Mar 11 by D_Alien

I'm saying they're entitled to full possession of the facts before making a major decision about joining the board, and that includes insight into fellow board members

Yes of course they should. I'm not sure why the Rochdale AFC amateur dramatic society needed to announce BBM's contract extension in such away. Especially as there was much praise for young Brian. Surely Bottomley bold as brass would have just said. 'We believe so much in Brian we extended his contract till 2022' If the intention was to announce it last night.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:08 - Mar 11 with 1910 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 18:45 - Mar 11 by DaleiLama

That truly beggar's belief. Open communication as long as it's one way and on (RAFC) message. What is happening to the soul of this club? Please put your hands in your pockets after you've put your gag on?

On communication and transparency: the question to the Trust below was posted in the other thread (did think it was in here, my mistake). For clarification, there is a commitment from the Trust in their 20/21 leaflet to supporters:
<<“Get access to the Directors: Twice during the season, the Trust will sit down with the club board and speak about matters at the football club. We will invite questions from our members and make the answers public. In addition, additional meetings held to discuss specific topics will be held, and reported back to members.”>>

The following has been sent to the Trust.

On the back of the yesterday’s Fans Forum, please can the Trust confirm the date of their next meeting with the board and whether questions will be invited from supporters, with full answers appearing on the Trust site.

As an alternative, and to save the Trust board members valuable time, could questions be collated from fans and sent via email to the club for a written response to each question asked? These can then be copied onto the Trust site thus simplifying the process and ensuring supporters get a better understanding of what came out at the forum.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:45 - Mar 11 with 1790 viewstodmordendale

Young boys playing in Amsterdam tonight will find it difficult to keep clean sheets .
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:44 - Mar 11 with 1657 viewstony_roch975

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 17:01 - Mar 11 by Mass_Debater

yes & yes & yes again including all the hyperlinks - what's your problem

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024