Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 21:06 - Mar 2 with 68560 viewsSandyman

Any predictions as to how it will go?

I'm guessing the script will be 100% "poor little Rochdale". Never mind the struggles of other clubs, NOBODY will have had it as bad as "poor little Rochdale". We can't compete with anyone, ever, because we are "poor little Rochdale". Being in 4 consecutive relegation dogfights in League One will be repeated as "historic success". Ambition and positivity will not be mentioned as those present salute each others abilities.
Add lashings of extra "poor little Rochdale" for good measure.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 21:14]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:24 - Mar 11 with 2465 viewsBobbyjoe

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:08 - Mar 11 by James1980

Now, who could Robert Hume, our consume? that is what want to know.

That's an easy one, James. Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel!
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:31 - Mar 11 with 2390 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:24 - Mar 11 by Bobbyjoe

That's an easy one, James. Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel!

Wasn't that David?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:34 - Mar 11 with 2389 viewselectricblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:19 - Mar 10 by RotherhamDale

Poor little Rochdale already.

Boring

Im sure it came from Bottomley 17mins into the forum...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:39 - Mar 11 with 2365 viewsDaleyBrent

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:23 - Mar 10 by DareToCalvin

Can someone explain to me all the negativity aimed towards Bottomley? Unless I’ve missed something, he seems to talk with the club’s best interests in mind, cares about the club (hence the hard to watch emotional outpour tonight) and gets us noticed in the media. I don’t have the wool over my eyes, I’m aware mistakes have been made, which he’s acknowledged; but he seems a genuine, hard-working CEO?
If someone could genuinely and politely explain to me what I’ve missed then please enlighten me, I’m not a blindly positive fan, but one who wants the best for the club like everyone else.
As for the forum, sounds like we’re in a worse financial position than we realised, but I trust the board to get us through this predicament. They’re all passionate fans, something which a lot of clubs are very jealous of. Final take home message for me was that whether we like it or not, Brian seems to be here for the foreseeable.

I agree with all of this. They all seem like genuine human beings doing their utmost to do what’s best for our club. They all admitted they get things wrong from time to time. I think we all can accept that; some to a more tolerable level than others.

I found the forum to be a mixture of both genuine & awkward. It’s been a rough ride for all clubs this past year and we’re not the only one suffering. As mentioned, whilst Burton are bankrolling their way from trouble, we simply don’t have that option so we have to do it in a totally different way.

I wish some answers were answered in a more concise way and all our dreams and aspirations of a club with its own training ground fighting to get into the championship were true, but at this moment in time; they’re not.

I also applaud the stance on BBM. Results recently have been horrific and there’s no hiding place for that. It absolutely cannot go on forever and he doesn’t have an endless time frame for when he can turn this thing round. We have a right to be frustrated and question the decisions being made but questioning the integrity of this board and management team isn’t right.

12 games left. 12 cup finals. 12 games where we all have to be in it together, much like when BBM took over and dragged us away from the inevitable. We might fall short but it won’t be for the lack of trying.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 8:49]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:44 - Mar 11 with 2337 viewselectricblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 19:48 - Mar 10 by TomRAFC

Willo Flood is fake news.

What about the other City youngster at the time!
I'm sure he was called Benali who now plays in Italy....

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:05 - Mar 11 with 2244 viewsnordenblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:39 - Mar 11 by DaleyBrent

I agree with all of this. They all seem like genuine human beings doing their utmost to do what’s best for our club. They all admitted they get things wrong from time to time. I think we all can accept that; some to a more tolerable level than others.

I found the forum to be a mixture of both genuine & awkward. It’s been a rough ride for all clubs this past year and we’re not the only one suffering. As mentioned, whilst Burton are bankrolling their way from trouble, we simply don’t have that option so we have to do it in a totally different way.

I wish some answers were answered in a more concise way and all our dreams and aspirations of a club with its own training ground fighting to get into the championship were true, but at this moment in time; they’re not.

I also applaud the stance on BBM. Results recently have been horrific and there’s no hiding place for that. It absolutely cannot go on forever and he doesn’t have an endless time frame for when he can turn this thing round. We have a right to be frustrated and question the decisions being made but questioning the integrity of this board and management team isn’t right.

12 games left. 12 cup finals. 12 games where we all have to be in it together, much like when BBM took over and dragged us away from the inevitable. We might fall short but it won’t be for the lack of trying.

If the last few months are anything to go by it WILL be for the lack of trying, they all talk a good game but it's pretty meaningless unless it's transferred onto the pitch at some point....to continue with all this "philosophy" nonsense is insanity, to then expect the fans to believe that all the players have only come purely to play for BBM and his "philosophy" is nothing but laughable, we're all taken for fools for a change....
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:16 - Mar 11 with 2208 viewselectricblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 20:19 - Mar 10 by mightydale

No money, but investing in a seeding machine

[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 20:21]

No money but the club keep on bring in office staff and now a director of football.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:32 - Mar 11 with 2124 viewsChaffRAFC

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:18 - Mar 11 by DaleiLama

You mean this?

I can't stop watching it.

I've never been as worried about the club as I am now and if that had been a bury forum, we'd have been howling at them.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:33 - Mar 11 with 2119 viewselectricblue

A reoccuring theme that the club is top of the league with and its mentioned every fans forum or via the trust meeting the board is the obvious lack of communication to the supporters....

There are serious issues within the club if board members all bar one knew of BBM contract extention, thus if its fact then they cannot afford to sack him...

And on a final thought, who the hell okayed spending £30k plus on hand sanitizer!
Where they thinking of cornering the market and sanitize the entire borough or the shite on the pitch..

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:34 - Mar 11 with 2115 viewsjacko_dale

Do we think the board might clear up this BBM contract confusion today? Half-expecting a statement announcing an extension at some point now the cat is seemingly out of the bag.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:37 - Mar 11 with 2100 viewsjoecooke

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:32 - Mar 11 by ChaffRAFC

I've never been as worried about the club as I am now and if that had been a bury forum, we'd have been howling at them.

Absolute sh*t show, crocodile tears,loads of blarney and all in all an embarrassing contrived watch from start to finish.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:40 - Mar 11 with 2086 viewsoff2div1

Great comment from director

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=we+w
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:42 - Mar 11 with 2073 viewsdingdangblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:44 - Mar 11 by electricblue

What about the other City youngster at the time!
I'm sure he was called Benali who now plays in Italy....

Benali was later - he and Harry Bunn both came on loan from City when Eyre was here.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:44 - Mar 11 with 2066 viewsjpresto

One thing for sure is the BBM outers wont get their wish. After relegation "Team Rochdale" will regroup, start again and go again.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:46 - Mar 11 with 2057 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Dale fans have been taken for granted since I can remember. We seem to be seen as mugs with bottomless pockets, mushrooms that are fed crap time after time and it has to stop. Obviously the fans representative on the board cannot have been aware of this contract extension. The club is treading on thin ice because of the pandemic and it would be the perfect time for fans to walk away without a feeling of guilt, that would come from a normal season. The people at the head of the table are there to serve the fans, let us be clear on that. Without the fans there would be no club and until there is complete transparency, thin ice is being skated on. Results all season, not just lately have been dire and do not deserve any type of reward, but if this is the route the board want to continue on, I can see us going the way of Bury, very quickly.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:49 - Mar 11 with 2027 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:46 - Mar 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

Dale fans have been taken for granted since I can remember. We seem to be seen as mugs with bottomless pockets, mushrooms that are fed crap time after time and it has to stop. Obviously the fans representative on the board cannot have been aware of this contract extension. The club is treading on thin ice because of the pandemic and it would be the perfect time for fans to walk away without a feeling of guilt, that would come from a normal season. The people at the head of the table are there to serve the fans, let us be clear on that. Without the fans there would be no club and until there is complete transparency, thin ice is being skated on. Results all season, not just lately have been dire and do not deserve any type of reward, but if this is the route the board want to continue on, I can see us going the way of Bury, very quickly.

If fans walk away won't it become a self fulfilling prophecy?

Also it came across to me that they are desperate to stop us becoming the next Bury. It is a shame a comprehensive presentation about the value the new off field staff will bring to the club.

On BBM's contract this definitely needs clarification.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:57]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:09 - Mar 11 with 1937 viewstony_roch975

Absolutely - a balanced assessment of where we're at and to echo ElectricBlue's first comment above - communication is the biggest weakness of the Board's relationship with the fans. It was abundantly clear from last night (& repeated several times) that their philosophy is the long-term survival of the Club rather than survival in League 1 - not to say that wouldn't be their preference but they're not going to spend wildly in the hope of retaining League 1 status but as a consequence go bust. Many on here may disagree but I for one totally support that choice - I'd rather see a Dale team in League 2 or even the National League than no Dale team. However, to not have made that statement publicly way earlier has only left the sort of vacuum into which conspiracy theories expressed on here like ' they're going to sell off the ground for housing' can only fester.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:14 - Mar 11 with 1908 viewsHopwoodblue

This could not have come at a worse time for the club.
A lot of people have reevaluated their life’s over the past twelve months or so, their priorities have changed. Football has taken a back seat for many and making ends meet has become the main issue, for some football could take a back seat for ever.
I can see many casual supporters walking away because they are not able to justify £20/30 for watching what’s being offered up at the moment.
This could be a real turning point in the clubs history, what fixture in div 2 could tempt anyone to spend money who’s not Dale through and through ?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 10:29]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:15 - Mar 11 with 1904 viewsR17ALE

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:32 - Mar 11 by ChaffRAFC

Me too. Had anyone else fielded that question we'd all still be in the dark. Luckily Sweetmore gave it to GR who gave what he genuinely believed was an honest answer.

When BBM corrected him, the look of bafflement on GR's face is one of pure astonishment. This tells us all we need to know in that BBM has been given a 12 month extension without full Board agreement/knowledge.

The next logical question is: By who?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 10:15]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:17 - Mar 11 with 1887 viewsDaleiLama

A rousing speech. If we were in the trenches at the battle of the Somme, it might even fortify the troops going over the top prior to their deaths. But we're not.

No disrespect at all to you, but we've scored 1 goal in 8 games. I didn't watch on Tuesday (I am not a fan of blood sports and I've seen enough annihilations this season) but we lost to a team that, whilst above us in the table (now by 13 points), looked worse on the pitch by all accounts and we lost 2-0. We've scored 1 (ONE) goal in 8 (EIGHT) games. Even if we had 12 more games left to play than the rest of the league I'm not convinced we get enough points to survive. Our next 2 games are against 2nd and 3rd placed teams.

I do think all the board are Dale fans and I echo what Judd said - remarkable effort to keep us going in these toughest of times. Their passion is undeniable. I also don't care if any of them came fresh from the Battle of Hastings up the Great North Road in 1068 to become Dale fans - the only thing that matters is are they doing the right things at the right times and moving the club forward. Is the plan/philosophy right.

There are innumerable inconsistencies in what has come out of the mouths of the folks "in charge" and the results speak for themselves. The plan/philosophy is palpably not working.

We have a manager who is an incredibly nice guy by all accounts, but the question we have to ask is "is he the right guy". He (and "the plan/philosophy") have acquired a squad of players who are too good to go down. But we are going to. So was he wrong, or not good enough to mould them into a team that could stay up? We have seen flashes of what the squad is capable of but too many false dawns. If BBM is not the right guy, what does that say for a board that doesn't know whether it has backed BBM for another year or not, but did sack KH when the writing was on the same wall? In the spirit of fairness, I also didn't think we would go down but I'm not paid to manage the team or the club.

This is not a popularity contest and none of the key men involved will be judged on character - just on results. I am sure everyone is doing their utmost. The question that is germane to us as a fan base is "is their utmost enough"? There has been a large body of evidence coming out of the club during a season where very little has come out of the club to suggest that too many people are out of their depth (much of which was witnessed last night). Change for change's sake is rarely good. Change out of necessity should be welcomed. There is still LOTS of good going on at the club. There is also an imperative need to change a lot too.

(I enjoyed the way you played your character in the Hobbit btw )

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:19 - Mar 11 with 1875 viewsseasidedale

It’s ok saying we have a good coach and we’ll respected ect but even the great Brian Clough was sacked and had a bad season at Forest so keeping him for that reason is not acceptable
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:20 - Mar 11 with 1871 viewsDalenet

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 09:46 - Mar 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

I am not sure I understand what you want to happen Rooley. The Board do seem to be wrestling with the financials. I certainly didn't get the impression that anybody was being taken as mugs. We were one of the few clubs that offered its season ticket holders their money back. We can't go back 15 years as the world has changed. We have less of our own fans (I recall we were better supported under Parkin but may be wrong), players wages are up enormously and we have little control of that, and the club doesn't have the income to cover the costs of running the club without windfalls. Directors have to protect shareholders and they need to stop us trading insolvently. They are doing that although there isn't any room to move. Whilst the purpose is to run the club for the benefit of fans, there is a challenge of keeping it alive without further investment.

Now some people want us to buy some more experienced players. There is no cash. Some want us to have a new manager (including me although I have softened), but there is no cash and it now looks like it would cost us a years wages to get rid. What is clear to me is that the Chairman didn't want to make the tough decisions, or he did and the Board didn't support him, and he walked away. Not what I expect of a Chairman. The acting Chair isn't well and doesn't want the job. GL looks spent. The other two look to be very professional and dedicated to the cause. But we need a strong chairman and some new blood that can invest. Otherwise we are going to keep bobbling along

What would you like to see happen without any cash?
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:21 - Mar 11 with 1866 viewsBucketBstard

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:05 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

Question for everyone posting and listening to this, well two:

Out of ten how worried were you about the future of the club before the forum?

Out of ten how worried are you now?

Simple numbers will do.

7 and 9 here.

and

Absolutely no faith whatsoever now and contract extention for BBM is disgraceful
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:23 - Mar 11 with 1854 viewsJimmyRustler

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 08:18 - Mar 11 by DaleiLama

You mean this?

This is the final straw for me and the moment that I walk away from the club until the current incumbents piss off. Absolutely embarrassing.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 10:37 - Mar 11 with 1769 viewsBucketBstard

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:36 - Mar 10 by DareToCalvin

Thanks James and Tom for the responses. An interesting read there from the thread I missed. However, the fact part of your answer says ‘conspiracy’ suggests a lot of the negativity is bandwagon-related, with many not taking the time to go against the crowd. I’m personally embarrassed by all the abuse he receives, again, unless I’ve missed something obvious while he’s been in charge I don’t think he’s done anything blatantly wrong to warrant such abuse. He gets the club and it’s philosophy, and i think we could do a lot worse.

This comment comes from a clown who has our worst forward for years as his avatar...says it all really.
We have set up to fail.
BBM is not a good manager or coach. We are bottom of the league and will continue to play tippy tappy football so we can get cheap ( mainly crap) loanees from higher clubs , all at the expense of our league status.
Do we have no pride , do we have no passion?
As for CEO wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him.
The BBM extension is very worrying indeed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024