Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 21:06 - Mar 2 with 68338 viewsSandyman

Any predictions as to how it will go?

I'm guessing the script will be 100% "poor little Rochdale". Never mind the struggles of other clubs, NOBODY will have had it as bad as "poor little Rochdale". We can't compete with anyone, ever, because we are "poor little Rochdale". Being in 4 consecutive relegation dogfights in League One will be repeated as "historic success". Ambition and positivity will not be mentioned as those present salute each others abilities.
Add lashings of extra "poor little Rochdale" for good measure.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 21:14]
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:03 - Mar 10 with 2877 viewsjudd

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:00 - Mar 10 by 442Dale

Looking at it, there are a large amount of people online right now on the board but we’re pretty much stunned after witnessing that.

Very hard to compute.

There's a rush on Kleenex shares.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:04 - Mar 10 with 2841 viewsdingdangblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:03 - Mar 10 by judd

A "fan"?

Do you not think it was a plant?

Must have been a shamrock.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:08 - Mar 10 with 2766 viewsClivert

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:03 - Mar 10 by judd

There's a rush on Kleenex shares.

Well we have spent 35K on becoming Covid compliant.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:08 - Mar 10 with 2764 viewsdingdangblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:40 - Mar 10 by sooty_dale

With comments turned off on the stream...

Wasn't the only thing streaming tonight.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:08 - Mar 10 with 2754 viewsjudd

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:04 - Mar 10 by dingdangblue

Must have been a shamrock.

Almost right.

After watching that I say bring back Eurovision.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:10 - Mar 10 with 2711 views442Dale

In unanswered questions, to reiterate, the Trust were asked could they collate questions to ensure that any that weren’t answered could be afterwards when they meet with the board so answers could appear on their site.

That route was not taken up.

Their role now should be to confirm with supporters, members or not, if there are any unanswered questions or follow up ones that fans want answering which they will collate, following agreed processes around communication.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:10 - Mar 10 with 2709 viewsdingdangblue

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:08 - Mar 10 by judd

Almost right.

After watching that I say bring back Eurovision.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:13 - Mar 10 with 2650 viewsNewbury_Dale

Did anyone buy a draw ticket ? Booked for relegation and they're trying to hawk draw tickets.
Login to get fewer ads

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:16 - Mar 10 with 2587 viewsboromat

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:13 - Mar 10 by Newbury_Dale

Did anyone buy a draw ticket ? Booked for relegation and they're trying to hawk draw tickets.

I bought one. It was the first bout of crying that got me.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:17 - Mar 10 with 2557 viewsDaleiLama

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:16 - Mar 10 by boromat

I bought one. It was the first bout of crying that got me.

Did Robert Hulme have the winning ticket?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:18 - Mar 10 with 2519 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:13 - Mar 10 by Newbury_Dale

About 380 were sold based on the prize. Maybe we really are that desperate.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:18 - Mar 10 with 2520 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:08 - Mar 10 by Clivert

Well we have spent 35K on becoming Covid compliant.

Biggest amount since we became COGid compliant.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:23 - Mar 10 with 2434 viewsDareToCalvin

Can someone explain to me all the negativity aimed towards Bottomley? Unless I’ve missed something, he seems to talk with the club’s best interests in mind, cares about the club (hence the hard to watch emotional outpour tonight) and gets us noticed in the media. I don’t have the wool over my eyes, I’m aware mistakes have been made, which he’s acknowledged; but he seems a genuine, hard-working CEO?
If someone could genuinely and politely explain to me what I’ve missed then please enlighten me, I’m not a blindly positive fan, but one who wants the best for the club like everyone else.
As for the forum, sounds like we’re in a worse financial position than we realised, but I trust the board to get us through this predicament. They’re all passionate fans, something which a lot of clubs are very jealous of. Final take home message for me was that whether we like it or not, Brian seems to be here for the foreseeable.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:24 - Mar 10 with 2422 viewsTomRAFC

Having a think back to what I hoped to learn from the forum...

Why did Altman and Marcelli put the stoppers on joining the board?
We don't know...

BBM's future at Dale?
He may have another year on his contract... or not... maybe.
What we do know is that the CEO thinks so highly of BBM that it brings him to tears.

A reasoned response to the recent scrutiny of our CEO?
It wasn't mentioned. Given his role at the club, it is an important topic. I can understand that it's also a sensitive topic but it's become an elephant in the room.

They did set themselves a high bar by saying they would discuss every topic that they had received questions about. Unless people are writing fake questions and not sending them in, not every topic was discussed.

I don't feel any better but I don't really feel any worse either. It was all pretty much as expected. Tony Pockney came across well and I'm rather sad we didn't get to have a grotto.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 22:30]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:28 - Mar 10 with 2358 viewsTomRAFC

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:23 - Mar 10 by DareToCalvin

Can someone explain to me all the negativity aimed towards Bottomley? Unless I’ve missed something, he seems to talk with the club’s best interests in mind, cares about the club (hence the hard to watch emotional outpour tonight) and gets us noticed in the media. I don’t have the wool over my eyes, I’m aware mistakes have been made, which he’s acknowledged; but he seems a genuine, hard-working CEO?
If someone could genuinely and politely explain to me what I’ve missed then please enlighten me, I’m not a blindly positive fan, but one who wants the best for the club like everyone else.
As for the forum, sounds like we’re in a worse financial position than we realised, but I trust the board to get us through this predicament. They’re all passionate fans, something which a lot of clubs are very jealous of. Final take home message for me was that whether we like it or not, Brian seems to be here for the foreseeable.

Good question.

There was a bit of a thread about it not too long ago. Here's a link.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/268992/is-it-team-rochdale

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:30 - Mar 10 with 2324 viewsNinco

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:37 - Mar 10 by DaleiLama

What exactly are the criteria for the fit and proper person test anyway?

If you are Steve Dale, you are in.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:32 - Mar 10 with 2280 viewsJames1980

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:23 - Mar 10 by DareToCalvin

From what I gather. His checkered past, in particular the Hasbro price fixing. The impression he was put into the position of CEO without due process (I think that's the term)
Belief that he was part of the conspiracy to oust/overthrow Dunphy.
He hasn't answered Big Kindo's email.
Feelings that he is turning Rochdale into the David Bottomley show.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:36 - Mar 10 with 2223 viewsSandyman

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 21:27 - Mar 10 by RotherhamDale

I did the same. And another person I know did.

Disgraceful.

Me too
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:36 - Mar 10 with 2217 viewsDareToCalvin

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:32 - Mar 10 by James1980

From what I gather. His checkered past, in particular the Hasbro price fixing. The impression he was put into the position of CEO without due process (I think that's the term)
Belief that he was part of the conspiracy to oust/overthrow Dunphy.
He hasn't answered Big Kindo's email.
Feelings that he is turning Rochdale into the David Bottomley show.

Thanks James and Tom for the responses. An interesting read there from the thread I missed. However, the fact part of your answer says ‘conspiracy’ suggests a lot of the negativity is bandwagon-related, with many not taking the time to go against the crowd. I’m personally embarrassed by all the abuse he receives, again, unless I’ve missed something obvious while he’s been in charge I don’t think he’s done anything blatantly wrong to warrant such abuse. He gets the club and it’s philosophy, and i think we could do a lot worse.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:42 - Mar 10 with 2134 viewsjudd

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:36 - Mar 10 by DareToCalvin

Thanks James and Tom for the responses. An interesting read there from the thread I missed. However, the fact part of your answer says ‘conspiracy’ suggests a lot of the negativity is bandwagon-related, with many not taking the time to go against the crowd. I’m personally embarrassed by all the abuse he receives, again, unless I’ve missed something obvious while he’s been in charge I don’t think he’s done anything blatantly wrong to warrant such abuse. He gets the club and it’s philosophy, and i think we could do a lot worse.

Agree about the personal abuse and he's had a face to face and written apology from me.

Doesn't mean the facts are wrong.

I now wonder if there is more to come out of Extensiongate, because Graham did not look to be aware of BBM's contract extension.

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:48 - Mar 10 with 2072 viewsfunkkk

The fake tears were the highlight for me.

What have we learnt?

Apparently we’re concerned the money is going to run out before the end of the season, so why have we continued to make off field appointments?

BBM will definitely be here next season even if we are relegated.

Nobody was really held to account at all, it was clear that questions were at least edited and at worst completely made up.
Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:48 - Mar 10 with 2067 viewsIOMDale

Struggling to get my head around that tonight.

In parts it was refreshingly honest, at other times it was dull as dishwater and at others, just plain bizarre.

I realise not everybody’s question will have been read out (ok, maybe Rob Hume/Hulme excepted) but the management team and BOD had to front up tonight and whether we think they’re making a good fist of it or not, they clearly care. Passionately. I don’t buy DB turning on the tears, that looked very genuine and in fairness, I’m sure he is under a lot of stress, coupled with the stick he receives on here - of which I’ve been guilty. That’s definitely not to say that he is beyond criticism as he definitely isn’t but it’s clear to me that everybody wants what’s best for the club - they may just have varying ideas of how to go about achieving it.

Frances tried her best to justify the switch from the Goldbond to Lotto but it was clear she didn’t believe what she was saying and you hope the club sticks to its word that they may look to reintroduce cash collections in future.

As for BBM’s contract extension, where to start? For one, I couldn’t believe GR (who looked and spoke like he’d just woke from a deep sleep) didn’t know when BBM’s contract was up but for BBM to just casually confirm that he’s here for another year was unintentionally comedic and bizarre.

Tony Pockney was refreshingly honest again and I don’t doubt we’re absolutely skint but it still doesn’t change the fact that BBM what’s grossly mismanaged the squad available to him this season, regardless of budget or injuries.

Also I accept that the board are invested in BBM but don’t try to palm off the fan base by basically claiming that our loanees are here because of BBM and that we’re incredibly lucky to see them at Spotland. That’s complete and utter tripe. As numerous others have said, we’re not here as some sort of testing ground for players to iron out their mistakes - if we were, we may as well become a ‘Premier League 2’ club as the likes of Benitez and Klopp have so keenly espoused in the past.

There’s still 12 games to go this season and yes, we may well end up in League Two, but I want the board and management team to start demonstrating that lessons are being learnt.

UTDNFS

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:49 - Mar 10 with 2063 views442Dale

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:42 - Mar 10 by judd

Agree about the personal abuse and he's had a face to face and written apology from me.

Doesn't mean the facts are wrong.

I now wonder if there is more to come out of Extensiongate, because Graham did not look to be aware of BBM's contract extension.

Has there ever been another club where the manager announces his own contract extension?

From 1hr32:00

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:49 - Mar 10 with 2060 viewsD_Alien

Wishing AK a full recovery

Think we'd have had a bit more plain speaking if he'd been there, but there's every chance the vacuum - and vacuity - on show tonight will be allowed to continue for some time yet

Or at least until someone realises that BBM's contract extension to 2031 expired ten years previously

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:57 - Mar 10 with 1956 viewsjudd

Fan's forum 10.3.2021 on 22:48 - Mar 10 by IOMDale

Struggling to get my head around that tonight.

In parts it was refreshingly honest, at other times it was dull as dishwater and at others, just plain bizarre.

I realise not everybody’s question will have been read out (ok, maybe Rob Hume/Hulme excepted) but the management team and BOD had to front up tonight and whether we think they’re making a good fist of it or not, they clearly care. Passionately. I don’t buy DB turning on the tears, that looked very genuine and in fairness, I’m sure he is under a lot of stress, coupled with the stick he receives on here - of which I’ve been guilty. That’s definitely not to say that he is beyond criticism as he definitely isn’t but it’s clear to me that everybody wants what’s best for the club - they may just have varying ideas of how to go about achieving it.

Frances tried her best to justify the switch from the Goldbond to Lotto but it was clear she didn’t believe what she was saying and you hope the club sticks to its word that they may look to reintroduce cash collections in future.

As for BBM’s contract extension, where to start? For one, I couldn’t believe GR (who looked and spoke like he’d just woke from a deep sleep) didn’t know when BBM’s contract was up but for BBM to just casually confirm that he’s here for another year was unintentionally comedic and bizarre.

Tony Pockney was refreshingly honest again and I don’t doubt we’re absolutely skint but it still doesn’t change the fact that BBM what’s grossly mismanaged the squad available to him this season, regardless of budget or injuries.

Also I accept that the board are invested in BBM but don’t try to palm off the fan base by basically claiming that our loanees are here because of BBM and that we’re incredibly lucky to see them at Spotland. That’s complete and utter tripe. As numerous others have said, we’re not here as some sort of testing ground for players to iron out their mistakes - if we were, we may as well become a ‘Premier League 2’ club as the likes of Benitez and Klopp have so keenly espoused in the past.

There’s still 12 games to go this season and yes, we may well end up in League Two, but I want the board and management team to start demonstrating that lessons are being learnt.

As big a fan as I was of Tony Pockney from the last forum, that has all but gone tonight.

He's a terrible salesman.

I would hope that the Trust, as a body with a shareholding roughly equal to any director on show tonight, can access board minutes that show when and by whom the manager's contract was extended.

After all, the announcement was a major photo opportunity that has been missed.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024