Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season's squad 10:55 - Mar 18 with 6067 viewsdannyblue

With 10 games left, safety secured, promotion avoided, I started thinking about the squad for next season.

Lumley, Cameron, Wallace are all out of contract I believe. I can see Cameron returning to the land of the free. Wallace might get a one year extension (he'll be 34 but apparently great influence in dressing room). Kelly sees his future elsewhere. I'd be happy to re-sign Lumley but he may want to go.

We have an option extend Carroll's contract and to buy Field and De Wijs I believe, which I think we'll take up barring injury. I don't know about Johansen or Austin. I'm not sure anyone is likely to be sold because a big offer comes in, apart from Dieng perhaps.

That leaves us with:

GK: Dieng, Barnes, Walsh
RB: Kane, Kakay
CB: Dickie, Barbet, De Wijs, Masterson
LB: Wallace, Hamalainen
CM: Ball, Field, Amos, Carroll, Bettache
AM: Chair, Willock, Adomah, Shodipo, Thomas
S: Dykes, Bonne, Kelman

Hopefully we won't have to see another overhaul in the summer and it'll just be tweaking the squad.

I'd love us to sign Johansen. If he's not available I think Warbs will go for some experienced height and strength on a free to replace Cameron.
I can see us signing a left wing back if Wallace doesn't re-sign and maybe even if he does.
If finances allow the only thing missing is that marquee centre forward. Austin is unknown, really, and it'll all depend on the contract he can get elsewhere. I have a sneaky suspicion Dykes will start up top next season, get a goal in the first game, and go on a riproaring confidence-inspired run.
Warbs has mentioned missing the pace of BOS, so we might go for a powerful rough diamond from somewhere too.

It should help our performances next year if we're not shipping 10 in and out again.

Next season's squad on 23:48 - Mar 18 with 2188 viewsngbqpr

Wonder if we'll be buying & selling / releasing to facilitate / improve the current 352; or to upgrade our original 4231.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Next season's squad on 00:12 - Mar 19 with 2158 viewsVancouverHoop

We need Austin. Bringing a younger striker is either a big gamble (cf: Dykes & Bonne) or way too expensive. We have to find a way to keep him somehow otherwise next season will probably be like the last five or six.

The rest of the squad is gelling well enough, provided we don't sell, or ditch, too many of them. Dieng's a question mark, but keepers tend not to draw big offers so with luck he'll by here come August.
Next season's squad on 08:57 - Mar 19 with 2000 viewsstevec

We have to secure the four loans.

Shame BOS got the hump, think he’d have made a good wing back. To be honest I have no idea where we find pace up front or LWB at a price we can afford, tough one for the club.

Think we need to recognise those players who aren’t ready for a push up the table and unload them. Can’t see Carroll fitting into this team, Niko, Thomas, Bonne, Dykes, Kelman neither. That’s 30k a week saved or thereabouts. Jed Wallace is on 12k a week. Admittedly there’s a £5m fee to negotiate but it’s likely his value won’t go down in a successful team.
Next season's squad on 16:01 - Mar 19 with 1924 viewsderbyhoop

if we managed to secure all 4 of the loanees (unlikely, IMHO) we'd probably have enough to threaten the playoffs. But I think we'd still be short of quality full backs and almost totally reliant on Austin staying fit and providing 15 goals or more. If Charlie stayed fit he'd probably reach that target but I can't see another 10 goal scorer in the squad. Unless there is a massive improvement from Dykes, Bonne or Kelman.
At FB, neither Kane nor Kakay are consistent enough and, despite how well Wallace has played since the turn of the year, he is 33 and had fitness injuries before he arrived and in his early days.

Depending on recruitment, I could see us finishing top 10 but probably not good enough for top 6. Go Evil Les, Hoos and Warbs and prove me wrong.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next season's squad on 16:19 - Mar 19 with 1885 viewsrsonist

Next season's squad on 08:57 - Mar 19 by stevec

Shame BOS got the hump, think he’d have made a good wing back. To be honest I have no idea where we find pace up front or LWB at a price we can afford, tough one for the club.

Think we need to recognise those players who aren’t ready for a push up the table and unload them. Can’t see Carroll fitting into this team, Niko, Thomas, Bonne, Dykes, Kelman neither. That’s 30k a week saved or thereabouts. Jed Wallace is on 12k a week. Admittedly there’s a £5m fee to negotiate but it’s likely his value won’t go down in a successful team.

Are you suggesting we buy Jed Wallace for £5m?
Next season's squad on 16:25 - Mar 19 with 1876 viewsgazza1

Next season's squad on 15:15 - Mar 18 by DavieQPR

The 'reported' wages of the out of contract players are:
Cameron £12,500
Lumley £6,000
Wallace £10,000
Carroll £9,000
Smyth £5,000.
If they all go it depends what's left in the kitty. If we sign De Wijs and Field how much have we got left to sign Austin and Johanssen? We would also need a LWB although Field has played there in the past.

Where actually do you get these 'reported wages'?? Just interested that's all. I wont tell anybody!!!
Next season's squad on 16:29 - Mar 19 with 1866 viewsrsonist

Next season's squad on 16:25 - Mar 19 by gazza1

Where actually do you get these 'reported wages'?? Just interested that's all. I wont tell anybody!!!

From clickbait sites that copy them from the latest Football Manager game. IIRC the guy that did ours once posted here and said he basically makes them up.
Next season's squad on 16:41 - Mar 19 with 1851 viewsgazza1

I would imagine that the Management Team expect to sign all of the loanees.......CA will be a free agent, Field & De Wijs are as good as agreed, Fulham don't want Johansen & WBA don't want Field - so that's the players on loan. CA being a tough one.

The current squad will be slimmed, so new players can be signed. Kelly will be going if the price is right, TC will be going, Lumley will go if we can get a fee, Cameron could be released too, Shodipo will go if his contract allows & a couple more if possible, maybe a forward.

This, I would hope depending on how they finish the season, will allow us to buy another forward type player & one wide player.

However, if a Club comes in with a decent bid then anyone of them could go.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 16:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Next season's squad on 16:53 - Mar 19 with 1827 viewsdmm

The contracts of some players mentioned...

Carroll - the club has a further year's option. I suspect we might keep him if we can't retain Johansen
Lumley - his contract expires end of this season
Cameron - his contract expires end of this season
Shodipo - contracted to 2022
Next season's squad on 16:54 - Mar 19 with 1824 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I respect your right to an opinion but i think its far to early to call on Thomas, Bonne, Dykes and Kelman. One or two of those could do with a productive loan spell (Thomas/Kelman)
Next season's squad on 16:54 - Mar 19 with 1823 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next season's squad on 16:01 - Mar 19 by derbyhoop

if we managed to secure all 4 of the loanees (unlikely, IMHO) we'd probably have enough to threaten the playoffs. But I think we'd still be short of quality full backs and almost totally reliant on Austin staying fit and providing 15 goals or more. If Charlie stayed fit he'd probably reach that target but I can't see another 10 goal scorer in the squad. Unless there is a massive improvement from Dykes, Bonne or Kelman.
At FB, neither Kane nor Kakay are consistent enough and, despite how well Wallace has played since the turn of the year, he is 33 and had fitness injuries before he arrived and in his early days.

Depending on recruitment, I could see us finishing top 10 but probably not good enough for top 6. Go Evil Les, Hoos and Warbs and prove me wrong.

Chair's got 7 and we have a dozen games left. So clearly we do have someone who *could* get 10.

Bare bones.

Next season's squad on 20:26 - Mar 19 with 1709 viewsderbyhoop

Next season's squad on 16:54 - Mar 19 by Antti_Heinola

Chair's got 7 and we have a dozen games left. So clearly we do have someone who *could* get 10.

If CA can get 15, I'd want the 2nd striker to get 10. Then midfielders to contribute 20+, with at least one of them getting g 5-10.
One can hope.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next season's squad on 09:58 - Mar 20 with 1593 viewsfrancisbowles

Well as Niko, Thomas, Bonne, Dykes and Kelman all have contracts, there would have to be an awful lot of interest for them to get the same or better deals elsewhere and for us to recoup the transfer fees, which probably have large instalments still owing.

So I presume you were very much 'tongue in cheek' with the potential £30k a week saving.
Next season's squad on 14:36 - Mar 20 with 1541 viewsstevec

Next season's squad on 09:58 - Mar 20 by francisbowles

Well as Niko, Thomas, Bonne, Dykes and Kelman all have contracts, there would have to be an awful lot of interest for them to get the same or better deals elsewhere and for us to recoup the transfer fees, which probably have large instalments still owing.

So I presume you were very much 'tongue in cheek' with the potential £30k a week saving.

Well clubs managed to sell them to us, so if they’re on the piss poor wages we keep getting told we can only afford these days, there’s probably someone out there to take them off our hands.

Suspect Carroll on not far off the wage Jed Wallace is on so maybe not as impossible as you imply.

Anyway, I’ve set my sights higher in the last couple of hours, with Brentford falling apart we might as well do a Rowlands and take Toney off their hands.
Next season's squad on 17:23 - Mar 20 with 1513 viewsgazza1

Next season's squad on 16:29 - Mar 19 by rsonist

From clickbait sites that copy them from the latest Football Manager game. IIRC the guy that did ours once posted here and said he basically makes them up.

Ah cheers....I must buy that game
Next season's squad on 10:53 - Mar 22 with 1297 viewsfrancisbowles

Next season's squad on 14:36 - Mar 20 by stevec

Well clubs managed to sell them to us, so if they’re on the piss poor wages we keep getting told we can only afford these days, there’s probably someone out there to take them off our hands.

Suspect Carroll on not far off the wage Jed Wallace is on so maybe not as impossible as you imply.

Anyway, I’ve set my sights higher in the last couple of hours, with Brentford falling apart we might as well do a Rowlands and take Toney off their hands.

Stevec, I never mentioned Carroll as he is out of contract anyway. I would have thought his wages weren't that high as he was a free agent. We took him on trial and then offered a 1+1 deal and I don't think he had any other offers. Wallace is totally different case as he would have clubs wanting to sign him if they could.

Dykes, Bonne and Kelman we have all paid a fee for and presumably no one was prepared to better our offer, hence they signed for us unlike Keifer Moore who took a better offer. Why would anyone better our offer now?

Thomas and Hamalainen, didn't cost a fee but have taken our contract offers. Is anyone really likely to come in for either and offer them a better deal?

Toney! I must find that magic lamp and start rubbing. Lol
Next season's squad on 11:01 - Mar 22 with 1284 viewsTheChef

Next season's squad on 10:53 - Mar 22 by francisbowles

Stevec, I never mentioned Carroll as he is out of contract anyway. I would have thought his wages weren't that high as he was a free agent. We took him on trial and then offered a 1+1 deal and I don't think he had any other offers. Wallace is totally different case as he would have clubs wanting to sign him if they could.

Dykes, Bonne and Kelman we have all paid a fee for and presumably no one was prepared to better our offer, hence they signed for us unlike Keifer Moore who took a better offer. Why would anyone better our offer now?

Thomas and Hamalainen, didn't cost a fee but have taken our contract offers. Is anyone really likely to come in for either and offer them a better deal?

Toney! I must find that magic lamp and start rubbing. Lol

Would definitely keep Carroll.

My concern is Amos and him staying fit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Next season's squad on 13:12 - May 24 with 936 viewsdannyblue

Reviewing this again, so far things have gone as expected. Only real change is that it now looks like Kane is on his way out, and Austin looks a little more likely to come in.

So still looking out for:
JoJo
A Kane replacement
Perhaps a Hamalainen upgrade
Attacking pace (could come in the wing back area?)
A decision on Shodipo (who sounded a bit disguntled with QPR in his end of season Oxford message so is probably on his way)
Lonergan or similar to let Walsh out on loan

So squad looking like:
GK: Dieng, Barnes, Walsh
RB: Kakay
CB: Dickie, Barbet, De Wijs, Ball, Masterson
LB: Wallace, Hamalainen
CM: Field, Amos, Carroll, Bettache
AM: Chair, Willock, Adomah, Thomas, Shodipo
S: Austin, Dykes, Bonne, Kelman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024