Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Squad for Euros 17:03 - Jun 1 with 7235 viewsdaveB

England squad for UEFA EURO 2020

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Bromwich Albion), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Declan Rice (West Ham United)

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
England Squad for Euros on 13:03 - Jun 3 with 818 viewsaston_hoop

England Squad for Euros on 12:54 - Jun 3 by derbyhoop

I think this side has got too many weaknesses to succeed.
Central defence is dodgy, no keeper is that commanding and I'm not convinced by the mix in midfield nor up front. Is Kane another flat track bully, scoring lots against weak opposition but not against the top 4? Willing for somebody to correct me.

Foden, Mount and Grealish are all excellent. Can you afford to play all 3? Need 1 of Henderson, Rice or Phillips to provide cover.

I do think the defence has deficiencies and Pickford is far from ideal, not sure if I am watching something else when Tyrone Mings plays as dont rate him at all. But Kane is world class and I dont think I can be convinced otherwise of that. But some kind of combination of this against the nations in our group should see us creating and scoring goals. Win by scoring more than the opposition and having fun doing it. I'm still in the 'excited about this squad' camp at the moment.

Pickford
Walker
Maguire/Coady
Stones
Chilwell/Shaw
Rice
Mount
Grealish
Foden
Sterling/Sancho/Rash/Saka
Kane

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England Squad for Euros on 13:09 - Jun 3 with 800 viewsaston_hoop

England Squad for Euros on 13:00 - Jun 3 by daveB

I don't think they have enough to win the tournament, think we have a better chance in the World Cup next year. England will probably have to beat Portugal, Spain and Holland just to get to the final, i can't see our defence being good enough to get past all 3.

When you look at England we have only ever won one knockout game at the Euros ever so if we can get to the quarters or semis although many would see that as failure would be a good effort imo

I genuinely think we are better than Spain and the Netherlands. Portugal have some decent players, I suppose it helps having Ronaldo, Dias, Bruno Fernandes etc, but they have gaps too.

England Squad for Euros on 12:43 - Jun 6 with 604 viewsCamberleyR

England Squad for Euros on 13:00 - Jun 3 by daveB

I don't think they have enough to win the tournament, think we have a better chance in the World Cup next year. England will probably have to beat Portugal, Spain and Holland just to get to the final, i can't see our defence being good enough to get past all 3.

When you look at England we have only ever won one knockout game at the Euros ever so if we can get to the quarters or semis although many would see that as failure would be a good effort imo

England have won three knock out matches Dave. In addition to the Euro 96 QF against Spain they coincidentally also beat Spain in both legs of the Euro 68 QFs to qualify for the four team finals in Italy.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England Squad for Euros on 13:10 - Jun 6 with 561 viewsdenhamhoop2

England Squad for Euros on 12:43 - Jun 6 by CamberleyR

England have won three knock out matches Dave. In addition to the Euro 96 QF against Spain they coincidentally also beat Spain in both legs of the Euro 68 QFs to qualify for the four team finals in Italy.

So basically never beaten anyone other than Spain in a knockout game and 2 of those were at home and one on penalties which would have been lost with VAR and yet still 5/1 favourites bookies know MUGS when they seem them
England Squad for Euros on 13:37 - Jun 6 with 512 viewsaston_hoop

I dont understand what bearing historical results has on this 2021 squad. Greece won a Euros without ever having won a game at the tournament before.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024