Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Squad for Euros 17:03 - Jun 1 with 7278 viewsdaveB

England squad for UEFA EURO 2020

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Bromwich Albion), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Declan Rice (West Ham United)

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
England Squad for Euros on 14:36 - Jun 2 with 1568 viewsMalintabuk

England Squad for Euros on 13:53 - Jun 2 by daveB

We did score a couple from open play in the Trinidad game I think. Possibly lingaards first and Kanes third

Think Ward-Prowse is unlucky and you can even throw Maddison in with that.
Just shows what a great strength of depth going forward we have.
We could be having a gung ho whatever you score we will score more tactics
Apart from France I really can't see many teams being better than us going forward. Centre defence and goalkeeping is a worry.
I have never rated Pickford I think he is too temperamental and in my view not big enough.
The centre is weak as well.
But this year must be a great chance for us
England Squad for Euros on 18:46 - Jun 2 with 1511 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bellingham gets a go:

England Squad for Euros on 19:08 - Jun 2 with 1485 viewsrsonist

Don't worry, he's no Walcott.
England Squad for Euros on 19:51 - Jun 2 with 1436 viewsMalintabuk

England Squad for Euros on 19:08 - Jun 2 by rsonist

Don't worry, he's no Walcott.

Not sure I would have started Kane but that is a young exciting team
Glad to see Grealish getting game time and Mings Coady is an interesting match up
England Squad for Euros on 20:05 - Jun 2 with 1417 viewsMalintabuk

England Squad for Euros on 19:51 - Jun 2 by Malintabuk

Not sure I would have started Kane but that is a young exciting team
Glad to see Grealish getting game time and Mings Coady is an interesting match up

Early on but we seem to be playing with a much higher tempo and already a chances . Good stuff
England Squad for Euros on 20:28 - Jun 2 with 1392 viewsaston_hoop

These Austrians seem determined to finish Grealish off before the tournament starts

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England Squad for Euros on 20:30 - Jun 2 with 1381 viewspaulparker

Still not getting this fascination with TAA

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England Squad for Euros on 20:33 - Jun 2 with 1365 viewsMalintabuk

30 gone and even a makeshift team playing well. Saka looks good and Rice in the holding role is playing well
Grealish is being crunched every time he gets it
Only chance fell to Kane but all in all not that bad
Login to get fewer ads

England Squad for Euros on 21:00 - Jun 2 with 1307 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 20:28 - Jun 2 by aston_hoop

These Austrians seem determined to finish Grealish off before the tournament starts

This is where Ward Prowse would have come in handy.
England Squad for Euros on 21:31 - Jun 2 with 1268 viewsrsonist

England Squad for Euros on 13:30 - Jun 2 by RBlock

Agree - Just because we relied on set pieces in Russia, doesn't mean we should lean into it. Far more creative players this time around. We still have Trippier, Trent, Chillwell, Mount, who can all take decent set pieces. As long as we don't go back to Harry Kane on corners, I'm happy!

Then again, when DCL's jumping 10ft in the air...
England Squad for Euros on 21:49 - Jun 2 with 1237 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 20:30 - Jun 2 by paulparker

Still not getting this fascination with TAA

You might get your wish.
England Squad for Euros on 21:54 - Jun 2 with 1226 viewspaulparker

England Squad for Euros on 21:49 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

You might get your wish.

Don’t wish the lad harm and I do think he is a good club player but he hasn’t impressed with England and is miles behind trippier, James & Walker in that postion, Reece James has took to international football like a duck to water where TAA struggles
I’d be asking lingard to cancel his holiday after tonight’s performance and bring him back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England Squad for Euros on 21:59 - Jun 2 with 1205 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 21:54 - Jun 2 by paulparker

Don’t wish the lad harm and I do think he is a good club player but he hasn’t impressed with England and is miles behind trippier, James & Walker in that postion, Reece James has took to international football like a duck to water where TAA struggles
I’d be asking lingard to cancel his holiday after tonight’s performance and bring him back

No, I you you don’t mate.

He wasn’t great tonight that’s for sure.
England Squad for Euros on 22:03 - Jun 2 with 1191 viewsdaveB

good job he picked all 4 right backs really
England Squad for Euros on 01:28 - Jun 3 with 1088 viewsbob566

Pickford was awful. I think pope is the best English keeper.
England Squad for Euros on 07:28 - Jun 3 with 977 viewsdistortR

England Squad for Euros on 01:28 - Jun 3 by bob566

ah, but who is the best non-injured one is the question.
England Squad for Euros on 08:20 - Jun 3 with 935 viewspaulparker

England Squad for Euros on 01:28 - Jun 3 by bob566

I must have watched a different game as I thought he was good

England Squad for Euros on 08:35 - Jun 3 with 920 viewsHunterhoop

England Squad for Euros on 08:20 - Jun 3 by paulparker

I must have watched a different game as I thought he was good

Really?! Pickford is a clown. Genuinely, I’d much rather have Dieng in my team than Pickford.

Last night, he stayed rooted to his line and let a corner bounce in his 6 yard box only 2 yards from the goal line. He came and punched badly in the dying minutes, allowing a shot at goal with him on the deck. Soft free kick got him out of jail. He spilled several fairly routine shots. He flapped at another cross.

I had mates messaging through the game saying “FFS Pickford”, “How is he the best keeper in England”, “What’s he doing”, “Eng haven’t a decent keeper since pre-2000s Seamen”, etc.

This whole season Pickford has been erratic in his play. Personally, I just think he’s Rob Green Mark II. Wouldn’t be near my starter, although with the squad Southgate has picked he’s clearly starting.
England Squad for Euros on 09:06 - Jun 3 with 887 viewsrsonist

Find Pickford less objectionable with the new hairstyle.

Until someone matches his distribution he won't be toppled.
England Squad for Euros on 09:27 - Jun 3 with 863 viewsBAWHoops

England Squad for Euros on 09:06 - Jun 3 by rsonist

Find Pickford less objectionable with the new hairstyle.

Until someone matches his distribution he won't be toppled.

Agree with this (the distribution as opposed to the hair)

If anyone watched the England games in March Pope simply couldn't cope with the distribution side of the game. Was awful.

Pickford is absolutely fine. His distribution is world class and if you have the pace up top (which we do) it's a serious asset

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England Squad for Euros on 09:47 - Jun 3 with 834 viewsMedwayR

England Squad for Euros on 21:00 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is where Ward Prowse would have come in handy.

It's also where shin pads would come in handy!

Poll: Who’s better?

England Squad for Euros on 10:26 - Jun 3 with 801 viewsMyke

England Squad for Euros on 09:27 - Jun 3 by BAWHoops

Agree with this (the distribution as opposed to the hair)

If anyone watched the England games in March Pope simply couldn't cope with the distribution side of the game. Was awful.

Pickford is absolutely fine. His distribution is world class and if you have the pace up top (which we do) it's a serious asset

Fo me,the first priority of a goalkeeper has to be to prevent goals. I know Pope is injured just now but he is far, far better keeper than Pickford in that regard. Pickford, does not command his box and -much like Stones - there is at least one mistake per game in him. I understand modern keepers ae supposed to ping 80 yard diags to your overlapping wing-backs, but I would choose a fit Pope over Pickford every time.
This England squad is set up to concede and score plenty of goals. Keeganesque, Southgate is hoping to out-score the opposition,which should make them very entertaining to watch. But a team with a weak spine- Pickford, Stones, Henderson - always has the potential to be turned over
England Squad for Euros on 11:32 - Jun 3 with 743 viewsdaveB

England Squad for Euros on 08:35 - Jun 3 by Hunterhoop

Really?! Pickford is a clown. Genuinely, I’d much rather have Dieng in my team than Pickford.

Last night, he stayed rooted to his line and let a corner bounce in his 6 yard box only 2 yards from the goal line. He came and punched badly in the dying minutes, allowing a shot at goal with him on the deck. Soft free kick got him out of jail. He spilled several fairly routine shots. He flapped at another cross.

I had mates messaging through the game saying “FFS Pickford”, “How is he the best keeper in England”, “What’s he doing”, “Eng haven’t a decent keeper since pre-2000s Seamen”, etc.

This whole season Pickford has been erratic in his play. Personally, I just think he’s Rob Green Mark II. Wouldn’t be near my starter, although with the squad Southgate has picked he’s clearly starting.

Who would you put in instead? I don't think he's great but best we have imo
Thought he was OK last night, kicking was good and made a few saves
England Squad for Euros on 12:54 - Jun 3 with 677 viewsderbyhoop

I think this side has got too many weaknesses to succeed.
Central defence is dodgy, no keeper is that commanding and I'm not convinced by the mix in midfield nor up front. Is Kane another flat track bully, scoring lots against weak opposition but not against the top 4? Willing for somebody to correct me.

Foden, Mount and Grealish are all excellent. Can you afford to play all 3? Need 1 of Henderson, Rice or Phillips to provide cover.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England Squad for Euros on 13:00 - Jun 3 with 673 viewsdaveB

England Squad for Euros on 12:54 - Jun 3 by derbyhoop

I think this side has got too many weaknesses to succeed.
Central defence is dodgy, no keeper is that commanding and I'm not convinced by the mix in midfield nor up front. Is Kane another flat track bully, scoring lots against weak opposition but not against the top 4? Willing for somebody to correct me.

Foden, Mount and Grealish are all excellent. Can you afford to play all 3? Need 1 of Henderson, Rice or Phillips to provide cover.

I don't think they have enough to win the tournament, think we have a better chance in the World Cup next year. England will probably have to beat Portugal, Spain and Holland just to get to the final, i can't see our defence being good enough to get past all 3.

When you look at England we have only ever won one knockout game at the Euros ever so if we can get to the quarters or semis although many would see that as failure would be a good effort imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024