Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester and Man U 10:21 - Jun 22 with 4095 viewsgobbles

How, after years and years of absolutely garbage pre-seasons, have we ended up with two of the top 5 teams in the country coming to Loftus Road (KPFS) this summer?
Might be two absolute hammerings, might set a decent standard to give us a good start, might mean a couple of loans coming, might mean a couple of talents leaving.
Leicester and Man U on 10:23 - Jun 22 with 4079 viewsMaggsinho

I assume it's because they can't travel to the usual pre season tournaments in the States or Asia so are having UK friendlies instead.
Leicester and Man U on 10:48 - Jun 22 with 3969 viewsBazzeR

Games like this should bring in much needed revenue either via gate receipts or streaming.

Good move by the club
Leicester and Man U on 10:56 - Jun 22 with 3925 viewsHamptonR

Leicester and Man U on 10:23 - Jun 22 by Maggsinho

I assume it's because they can't travel to the usual pre season tournaments in the States or Asia so are having UK friendlies instead.

Even so, little old QPR!
Leicester and Man U on 10:57 - Jun 22 with 3921 viewsdaveB

Leicester and Man U on 10:23 - Jun 22 by Maggsinho

That and the Euros meaning they are likely to start pre season later due to so many players likely to be busy until July 11th, well the french ones anyway
Leicester and Man U on 11:06 - Jun 22 with 3870 viewsnix

Also I think Warburton knows a lot of people and has a decent reputation. And he's not going to field a team that will try and kill Premiership players.
Leicester and Man U on 11:28 - Jun 22 with 3782 viewslosethedrum

Great , now all we need is Lee Mason to ref the game .
I have a mental picture of him emerging from the tunnel pointing to the spot for a penalty to ...... MANCHESTER UNITED !!!!!!!!
Leicester and Man U on 11:34 - Jun 22 with 3743 viewssimmo

Not so far to travel for the United fans that want to attend, just a quick tube journey....

Mostly though, apart from the lack of Asia/Dubai based pre-season shite, I reckon it's a lot to do with our style of play as a ball-playing team with young, technical players. We don't really play like a typical Championship team.

This level of 'recognition' is also good within football circles. It raises our status with the PL and we're seen to be a club doing the right things, especially for younger players and development, which could mean more trust with prospects/loans and that any players we bring through that go to market, have the right attributes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Leicester and Man U on 11:35 - Jun 22 with 3737 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How many of those pre seasons have we had a full time manager in place for more than a whole season? Warnock?
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester and Man U on 11:43 - Jun 22 with 3688 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bet United equalise in the 97th minute!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Leicester and Man U on 12:31 - Jun 22 with 3524 views00calben

Leicester and Man U on 11:34 - Jun 22 by simmo

Not so far to travel for the United fans that want to attend, just a quick tube journey....

Mostly though, apart from the lack of Asia/Dubai based pre-season shite, I reckon it's a lot to do with our style of play as a ball-playing team with young, technical players. We don't really play like a typical Championship team.

This level of 'recognition' is also good within football circles. It raises our status with the PL and we're seen to be a club doing the right things, especially for younger players and development, which could mean more trust with prospects/loans and that any players we bring through that go to market, have the right attributes.

Agree with this.

Really think Warburton is doing excellent things at our football club. I do hope that if we have a bad spell this season similar to end of 2020, that we all keep the faith and realise the bigger picture and the job he is doing…
Leicester and Man U on 13:26 - Jun 22 with 3332 viewsStanisgod

Gutted, I'm on holiday in Cornwall both Saturdays 😠😠

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Leicester and Man U on 13:57 - Jun 22 with 3214 viewsgazza1

It just shows how well the Club is moving forward......well done to all involved.
Leicester and Man U on 14:11 - Jun 22 with 3196 viewsDWQPR

Leicester and Man U on 13:26 - Jun 22 by Stanisgod

Gutted, I'm on holiday in Cornwall both Saturdays 😠😠

Snap, down in Newlyn for those games.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Leicester and Man U on 14:21 - Jun 22 with 3168 viewsPinnerPaul

Leicester and Man U on 11:28 - Jun 22 by losethedrum

Great , now all we need is Lee Mason to ref the game .
I have a mental picture of him emerging from the tunnel pointing to the spot for a penalty to ...... MANCHESTER UNITED !!!!!!!!

He's retired!
Leicester and Man U on 14:31 - Jun 22 with 3132 viewslosethedrum

Leicester and Man U on 14:21 - Jun 22 by PinnerPaul

He's retired!

Really sorry to see him go .
In fairness quite why the Premier league thought it a good idea to have a ref from Bolton take MANCHESTER UNITED at home to QPR is beyond me .
Leicester and Man U on 14:33 - Jun 22 with 3127 viewssupahoopsa

Leicester and Man U on 11:43 - Jun 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Bet United equalise in the 97th minute!

The only time I can remember my Dad being really angry, he was 73 at the time, not even a QPR fan, in fact I think it was his first ever QPR game. Cantona scored just as Trevor Mcdonald started reading the news at ten

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Leicester and Man U on 14:45 - Jun 22 with 3088 viewsPinnerPaul

Sport science being such an exact erm...science these days is why I can't get excited by these.

PL starts a week later than us so no way will these two, especially Man Utd, be playing at anything like top gear.
Leicester and Man U on 14:53 - Jun 22 with 3056 viewsToast_R

Hmmm I'm in two minds, the Lions Second Test against the Boks is on at 5pm. Is there any pub I can get to within 10 minutes walk of LR that's child friendly likely to show live sports?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 14:53]
Leicester and Man U on 19:08 - Jun 22 with 2710 viewsfrancisbowles

Leicester and Man U on 14:45 - Jun 22 by PinnerPaul

Sport science being such an exact erm...science these days is why I can't get excited by these.

PL starts a week later than us so no way will these two, especially Man Utd, be playing at anything like top gear.

It's probably just as well as it does level the laying field a bit. If we could get a result against either team, it would be good for our confidence, irrespective of who plays for the opposition, and would go down extremely well with us fans.
Leicester and Man U on 19:12 - Jun 22 with 2690 viewsSott

Leicester and Man U on 12:31 - Jun 22 by 00calben

Agree with this.

Really think Warburton is doing excellent things at our football club. I do hope that if we have a bad spell this season similar to end of 2020, that we all keep the faith and realise the bigger picture and the job he is doing…

Well said,have faith,he deserves our respect
Leicester and Man U on 20:29 - Jun 22 with 2567 viewsParkRoyalR

Leicester and Man U on 14:53 - Jun 22 by Toast_R

Hmmm I'm in two minds, the Lions Second Test against the Boks is on at 5pm. Is there any pub I can get to within 10 minutes walk of LR that's child friendly likely to show live sports?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 14:53]

Princess Victoria ticks all 3 of those!
Leicester and Man U on 00:19 - Jun 23 with 2331 viewsCiderwithRsie

Leicester and Man U on 11:06 - Jun 22 by nix

Also I think Warburton knows a lot of people and has a decent reputation. And he's not going to field a team that will try and kill Premiership players.

Oh well. I shan't bother going in that case.
Leicester and Man U on 14:37 - Jun 23 with 2017 viewswhittocksRs

Leicester and Man U on 11:34 - Jun 22 by simmo

Suspect this is right - and I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up loans from both clubs before the window closes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024