Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham & Parker 10:19 - Jun 23 with 8459 viewsterryb

Does anybody know what the current situation is? Surely Parker or the DOF must be making decisions regarding next season. Appointing a new manager may take a reasonable while to complete if SP leaves.

My questions are my interpretation of the stand off, but is any a possibility:-

1) Fulham won't dismiss Parker as they don't want to pay compensation?

2) Parker won't resign as he would like compensation?

3) Bournemouth won't approach Fulham as they don't want to pay compensation?

4) If Parker was to resign, would Bournemouth have to pay compensation if they appointed Parker during the time that his contract was active at Fulham (not joining a rival company)?

5) How long will Bournemouth allow the situation to drift before looking elsewhere?

I wouldn't care less about this apart from wanting SJ to join us!
Fulham & Parker on 08:28 - Jun 29 with 2851 viewseghamranger

Parker to Bournemouth now confirmed.
Fulham & Parker on 10:02 - Jun 29 with 2699 viewsKonk

Fulham & Parker on 15:28 - Jun 28 by BklynRanger

Now just hold tight there, Konk - once Tony has finished putting the icing on his wrestling cake he's going to straighten everything out the Ful-ham FC you'll see. I think this ab-solutely AWEsome article is about wrestling but it might be about soccerball, who the heck as damn knows anyway, at the end of the day this world is just big old onion.

Either way what you guys need, say it with me now... is a VINCE McMAHON. That's right, a Vince McMahon. Tony is going to be your Vince McMahon and Steve Cooper is going to be your Triple H - buckle up and enjoy the ride buddy because shit is about to get real.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/tony-khan-talks-not-wanting-to-be-a-ch

Haha! Imagine being a coach at a decent sized football club, watching Tony Khan/The Forbidden Door on social media, and realising that he was in charge of player recruitment!

Steve Cooper now apparently the favourite - can't say that fills me with much excitement after seeing Swans fans views of him.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham & Parker on 10:07 - Jun 29 with 2669 viewsrsonist

Likely written with other players than Johansen in mind, but does sum up the threat from our POV. You would think now that if SJ wants it he's going to have to say so clearly and straight away.

If he's still persuadable by who comes in there then I suspect he might not stick around for Cooper. Some talk of Bilic or Lennon, he's had both of those before at bad times in his career, probably won't want again. Wilder I'd be worried about.

https://theathletic.com/2640993/2021/06/28/scott-parkers-fulham-exit-tension-wit
Fulham feel they are still in a good position for next season and there is a strong belief they have the players capable of mounting an immediate promotion challenge, with the right additions. Parker’s departure is not deemed a wholly negative outcome as a rebuilding job with the core of that 2019-20 promotion-winning side still at its heart, and the 40-year-old in charge, would not necessarily have been straightforward.

During last season, Parker had pushed members of that team to one side, including the 2019-20 Championship top goalscorer Aleksandar Mitrovic, with last season’s seven loan signings taking their places. It is understood there was discontent among those players about the way they have been sidelined, with some suggesting they had only limited contact with the manager over the season.

This is a factor that is likely to have persuaded Parker to seek an end to his time at Craven Cottage. With the squad now containing 13 players aged 28 or over, it is thought Parker and the Fulham hierarchy did not see eye to eye regarding its promotion potential. Sources suggest Parker’s view was that serious squad surgery would be needed for him to succeed longer term, but with that deemed unlikely to happen, a departure at this juncture appeared mutually beneficial.

Fulham will hope though that a new manager can encourage a renewed buy-in from previously-excluded players, which could help rekindle some positivity after a difficult few weeks.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 10:08]
Fulham & Parker on 10:10 - Jun 29 with 2671 viewsBklynRanger

Fulham & Parker on 10:02 - Jun 29 by Konk

Haha! Imagine being a coach at a decent sized football club, watching Tony Khan/The Forbidden Door on social media, and realising that he was in charge of player recruitment!

Steve Cooper now apparently the favourite - can't say that fills me with much excitement after seeing Swans fans views of him.

Have you come across any explanation of why Cooper seems to be the man to fulfill Tony's dreams? No surprise but it seems very odd.
Fulham & Parker on 10:14 - Jun 29 with 2665 viewsKonk

Fulham & Parker on 10:07 - Jun 29 by rsonist

Likely written with other players than Johansen in mind, but does sum up the threat from our POV. You would think now that if SJ wants it he's going to have to say so clearly and straight away.

If he's still persuadable by who comes in there then I suspect he might not stick around for Cooper. Some talk of Bilic or Lennon, he's had both of those before at bad times in his career, probably won't want again. Wilder I'd be worried about.

https://theathletic.com/2640993/2021/06/28/scott-parkers-fulham-exit-tension-wit
Fulham feel they are still in a good position for next season and there is a strong belief they have the players capable of mounting an immediate promotion challenge, with the right additions. Parker’s departure is not deemed a wholly negative outcome as a rebuilding job with the core of that 2019-20 promotion-winning side still at its heart, and the 40-year-old in charge, would not necessarily have been straightforward.

During last season, Parker had pushed members of that team to one side, including the 2019-20 Championship top goalscorer Aleksandar Mitrovic, with last season’s seven loan signings taking their places. It is understood there was discontent among those players about the way they have been sidelined, with some suggesting they had only limited contact with the manager over the season.

This is a factor that is likely to have persuaded Parker to seek an end to his time at Craven Cottage. With the squad now containing 13 players aged 28 or over, it is thought Parker and the Fulham hierarchy did not see eye to eye regarding its promotion potential. Sources suggest Parker’s view was that serious squad surgery would be needed for him to succeed longer term, but with that deemed unlikely to happen, a departure at this juncture appeared mutually beneficial.

Fulham will hope though that a new manager can encourage a renewed buy-in from previously-excluded players, which could help rekindle some positivity after a difficult few weeks.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 10:08]

Apparently Parker had no interest in players who weren't in his matchday squad, and had clearly fallen out with Mitro. If we keep hold of everyone, we have a decent squad for the Championship, and if Mitro stays, I'd still expect 20+ goals from him. I think most fans would very much like Johansen to stay for next season.

I was pretty ambivalent about Parker - I would have been okay with him staying, but I don't see anyone gutted that he's gone. Of the names mentioned, Wilder would be my choice.

Fulham & Parker on 10:32 - Jun 29 with 2592 viewsrsonist

Fulham & Parker on 10:10 - Jun 29 by BklynRanger

Have you come across any explanation of why Cooper seems to be the man to fulfill Tony's dreams? No surprise but it seems very odd.

He ticks a few sensible - or just trendy and self-serving? - boxes in terms of development-minded, youth positive, nice enough football (in theory), head-coach-not-manager who will serve the structure without argument (which is why Bilic and Wilder and most other mooted candidates seem unlikely). If they repeat last season's loan strategy he'll be on board and have the contacts to contribute.

Would agree it's a strange one in that he does seem to lack pretty glaringly in terms of immediate short term needs though. It's hard to imagine him taking control of that dressing room and unifying everyone overnight for a promotion tilt. And even if he does is his football really that special.

With what they're looking for I would just as soon be interviewing Mark Robins or Neil Critchley, maybe even Russell Martin if he's not promised for Norwich already. And that's before you get to looking for another Ismael type abroad. Given how long they've had to plan for it Cooper seems a pretty superficial choice.
Fulham & Parker on 10:35 - Jun 29 with 2580 viewsrsonist

Fulham & Parker on 10:14 - Jun 29 by Konk

Apparently Parker had no interest in players who weren't in his matchday squad, and had clearly fallen out with Mitro. If we keep hold of everyone, we have a decent squad for the Championship, and if Mitro stays, I'd still expect 20+ goals from him. I think most fans would very much like Johansen to stay for next season.

I was pretty ambivalent about Parker - I would have been okay with him staying, but I don't see anyone gutted that he's gone. Of the names mentioned, Wilder would be my choice.

Wilder was so touchy about even the most justified encroachment on his running the club at Blades, I just can't see them handing the whole thing over to him.
Fulham & Parker on 10:36 - Jun 29 with 2584 viewsBklynRanger

Right - that head coach in a structure aspect certainly makes sense - he's in for some 6-8 months.. (give or take)
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham & Parker on 10:51 - Jun 29 with 2542 viewsKonk

Fulham & Parker on 10:35 - Jun 29 by rsonist

Wilder was so touchy about even the most justified encroachment on his running the club at Blades, I just can't see them handing the whole thing over to him.

Exactly, so it probably won't happen. Shahid Khan must have spunked about £400-500m to date and overseen 3 relegations. Hopefully at some point, he'll ask Tony if he'd sooner just concentrate on running his wrestling circus and the Jacksonville Jaguars. In the meantime, we're looking at coaches who are prepared to work alongside the Forbidden Door.

It's been reported that Swansea would want £2-3m in compensation for Cooper.

Fulham & Parker on 11:10 - Jun 29 with 2460 viewsrsonist

Fulham & Parker on 10:51 - Jun 29 by Konk

Exactly, so it probably won't happen. Shahid Khan must have spunked about £400-500m to date and overseen 3 relegations. Hopefully at some point, he'll ask Tony if he'd sooner just concentrate on running his wrestling circus and the Jacksonville Jaguars. In the meantime, we're looking at coaches who are prepared to work alongside the Forbidden Door.

It's funny cos as overbearing owners go there's actually a lot that Fulham do i that isn't obviously horrible on paper exactly. The focus on domestic U23s, even the big continental flop splashes are not outright bad players, they're stats-driven and not agent-led. But there's such a lack of nous putting it all together and a permanent sense of imbalance and fragility. Cooper does seem a perfect match in that respect, unfortunately for you.
Fulham & Parker on 11:25 - Jun 29 with 2433 viewsBazzeR

I’ve always felt progression with younger players coming through an Academy goes hand in hand with a prolonged stay in the Prem.

Clubs like Brighton are now producing some exciting youngsters.
Fulham & Parker on 11:57 - Jun 29 with 2325 viewsMyke

What is important to remember is that neither players nor managers care who they play for or manage as long the right finances (player) and right finances + control (manager) are in place. Don't be under any illusion that Johanson feels any affinity to us just because he had a decent 6 months here, although equally he won't feel any affinity to Fulham either. Football has long since stopped being a sport - at least in the higher divisions around the world - and is now strictly business, only the most die-hard romantics still believe otherwise. Austin, makes all the right noises to keep us happy, but does anyone really think he would be here if WBA extended his contract on 40k - or probably even half that - a week?. Likewise, with Bonne,he is talking about his 'home club' means he will give an extra 10 -15% next season. Absolute bullsh1t, but what the Ipswich fans needed to hear. If he comes back next season, he will be 'buzzing' to stake his place in our team.
If SJ comes, it will because we offer him the deal that suits him best. Being 'settled' in London means nothing, if Middlesboro offer him a better deal, he'll go there. This is not a criticism of SJ or anyone else. As long as they don't try and negotiate deals behind the club's back, like BOS for example, then they are perfectly entitle to secure the best deal for themselves. But very, very few player's go to a club for the 'love' of it - Adomah would be gone tomorrow if someone offered him more money and more playing time.
Fulham & Parker on 12:12 - Jun 29 with 2279 viewsrsonist

Palace supposedly appointing Patrick Vieira. Not liking that for Eze.
Fulham & Parker on 12:42 - Jun 29 with 2182 viewsdmm

Fulham & Parker on 11:57 - Jun 29 by Myke

What is important to remember is that neither players nor managers care who they play for or manage as long the right finances (player) and right finances + control (manager) are in place. Don't be under any illusion that Johanson feels any affinity to us just because he had a decent 6 months here, although equally he won't feel any affinity to Fulham either. Football has long since stopped being a sport - at least in the higher divisions around the world - and is now strictly business, only the most die-hard romantics still believe otherwise. Austin, makes all the right noises to keep us happy, but does anyone really think he would be here if WBA extended his contract on 40k - or probably even half that - a week?. Likewise, with Bonne,he is talking about his 'home club' means he will give an extra 10 -15% next season. Absolute bullsh1t, but what the Ipswich fans needed to hear. If he comes back next season, he will be 'buzzing' to stake his place in our team.
If SJ comes, it will because we offer him the deal that suits him best. Being 'settled' in London means nothing, if Middlesboro offer him a better deal, he'll go there. This is not a criticism of SJ or anyone else. As long as they don't try and negotiate deals behind the club's back, like BOS for example, then they are perfectly entitle to secure the best deal for themselves. But very, very few player's go to a club for the 'love' of it - Adomah would be gone tomorrow if someone offered him more money and more playing time.

Yes, I do agree with this, Myke. I always find it strange that fans will often talk about a player's loyalty, or the lack of it, when there's no such thing and particularly at the top end of football. That goes for managers too.
Fulham & Parker on 12:45 - Jun 29 with 2176 viewsTheChef

Fulham & Parker on 10:51 - Jun 29 by Konk

If the salary is right then I don't think managers are too bothered what madhouse they work in. And if it all goes belly up and they get the sack, there's probably a nice pay out anyway.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fulham & Parker on 21:21 - Jun 30 with 1858 viewsrsonist

Marco Silva, out of nowhere.
Fulham & Parker on 23:35 - Jun 30 with 1706 viewsMatch82

Fulham & Parker on 10:14 - Jun 29 by Konk

No interest in peripheral players?
Is that the same Scott Parker that moved to Chelsea and played 15 times in 3 years (thanks Wiki) or a different one?
Fulham & Parker on 10:08 - Jul 1 with 1492 viewsTheChef

Unfortunately I don't think the Johansen move is going to happen - hence us buying Dozzell.

Fulham & Parker on 10:23 - Jul 1 with 1442 viewsMaggsinho

Marco Silva expected to take over at Fulham now.
Fulham & Parker on 11:36 - Jul 1 with 1365 viewsKonk

Just been speaking to a mate who works at the club. Silva to be announced this afternoon or tomorrow morning at the latest. The deal was agreed at the weekend, but Tony Khan has had to quarantine before the unveiling.

The plan at the moment is for the press to gather in the new Riverside stand, The William Hill Overture will then be played over the tannoy, and out of the tunnel between the Cottage and the Johnny Haynes Stand, will come Tony Khan dressed as the Lone Ranger, astride Marco Silva, who will be on all-fours. They will make their way over the the centre-circle, at which point, Khan, ever the showman, will pull back on the reins, Silva will stand-up, with Khan in a piggy-back position, and Khan will shoot a pistol and shout out "Hi-Yo-Silva! And away!". After that they'll be a Q&A with the press.

Fulham & Parker on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 1351 viewsTheChef

Fulham & Parker on 11:36 - Jul 1 by Konk

Just been speaking to a mate who works at the club. Silva to be announced this afternoon or tomorrow morning at the latest. The deal was agreed at the weekend, but Tony Khan has had to quarantine before the unveiling.

The plan at the moment is for the press to gather in the new Riverside stand, The William Hill Overture will then be played over the tannoy, and out of the tunnel between the Cottage and the Johnny Haynes Stand, will come Tony Khan dressed as the Lone Ranger, astride Marco Silva, who will be on all-fours. They will make their way over the the centre-circle, at which point, Khan, ever the showman, will pull back on the reins, Silva will stand-up, with Khan in a piggy-back position, and Khan will shoot a pistol and shout out "Hi-Yo-Silva! And away!". After that they'll be a Q&A with the press.

Nah, sounds far too low-key to me.

Fulham & Parker on 11:49 - Jul 1 with 1318 viewsrsonist

Fulham & Parker on 10:08 - Jul 1 by TheChef

Unfortunately I don't think the Johansen move is going to happen - hence us buying Dozzell.

I don't believe there's a direct correlation. Johansen was never going to be a quick early deal.
Fulham & Parker on 15:07 - Jul 1 with 1161 viewsplasmahoop

It seems a strange one to me, Bournemouth getting Parker. He's nothing special is he? Pretty bang average
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024