Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ellieslie road stand 12:29 - Jun 26 with 8954 viewssouthbrookstreet

There seems to be on certain Qpr websites going on about renaming the Ellieslie road stand "stanley bowles stand" i can remember he constantly put in transfer requests and when he was turned down he would say according to newspaper reports "I will put in another one" that's not loyal in my book yes he was a great player for us but so was Rodney come to think of it I would prefer a loyal player to a skilful player who's more important loyal or skilful.. capt Macca comes to mind or even capt tony ingram with 548 appearances and a total of 50 years service with the Rs and what about the guy who put us on the map and what we are today Jim gregory... I could go on but come to think of it what's wrong with ellieslie road stand name its been there for over a hundred years a bit of history there... but there again that's my opinion..
ellieslie road stand on 12:35 - Jul 4 with 1133 viewssouthbrookstreet

ellieslie road stand on 19:30 - Jun 29 by loftboy

Just filled it out.

add me to that.. filled mind as well
ellieslie road stand on 15:39 - Jul 4 with 989 viewsPinnerPaul

ellieslie road stand on 12:35 - Jul 4 by southbrookstreet

add me to that.. filled mind as well

Good that the club has asked, but not sure how much further forward they are going to be - as Clive pointed out - consensus on this is very difficult to achieve.
ellieslie road stand on 15:51 - Jul 4 with 986 views80s_Boy

ellieslie road stand on 15:39 - Jul 4 by PinnerPaul

Good that the club has asked, but not sure how much further forward they are going to be - as Clive pointed out - consensus on this is very difficult to achieve.

The naming of the stadium after Kiyan Prince opened up a can of worms which won't have the lid put back on it but it's obvious that there is an overwhelming majority of fans who support something being done for Stan and Rodney too.

Where it will be impossible to find a consensus is recent players like Adel who are absolute club legends to a number of younger fans but not so high up on older fans' lists.
ellieslie road stand on 16:33 - Jul 4 with 960 views100percent

ellieslie road stand on 15:51 - Jul 4 by 80s_Boy

The naming of the stadium after Kiyan Prince opened up a can of worms which won't have the lid put back on it but it's obvious that there is an overwhelming majority of fans who support something being done for Stan and Rodney too.

Where it will be impossible to find a consensus is recent players like Adel who are absolute club legends to a number of younger fans but not so high up on older fans' lists.

opened a can of worms with whom?
I don't know anyone that has anything but admiration for that decision.
ellieslie road stand on 17:21 - Jul 4 with 922 views80s_Boy

ellieslie road stand on 16:33 - Jul 4 by 100percent

opened a can of worms with whom?
I don't know anyone that has anything but admiration for that decision.

The decision is admirable but more than a few friends I've spoken to have asked why we have named the ground for someone who never played a game for us when true club legends have no recognition.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 17:28]
ellieslie road stand on 17:33 - Jul 4 with 911 viewsMaggsinho

ellieslie road stand on 17:21 - Jul 4 by 80s_Boy

The decision is admirable but more than a few friends I've spoken to have asked why we have named the ground for someone who never played a game for us when true club legends have no recognition.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 17:28]

Kiyan Prince didn’t get the opportunity to become a ‘true club legend’ as he was killed.

The Stadium is named after the Kiyan Prince Foundation who work to make sure other young people don’t also lose their opportunities.
ellieslie road stand on 18:05 - Jul 4 with 849 views80s_Boy

ellieslie road stand on 17:33 - Jul 4 by Maggsinho

Kiyan Prince didn’t get the opportunity to become a ‘true club legend’ as he was killed.

The Stadium is named after the Kiyan Prince Foundation who work to make sure other young people don’t also lose their opportunities.

No one is disputing the fine work the foundation do but it is, in my opinion , niave to think some fans won't be questioning why players like Marsh, Bowles and Ferdinand or figures like Stock or Jim Gregory have not been given tangible recognition by the club.

Not necessarily my opinion but there's certainly people out there who have different opinions and they have a right to hold them.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 18:07]
ellieslie road stand on 18:38 - Jul 4 with 797 viewsQPR_Jim

ellieslie road stand on 18:05 - Jul 4 by 80s_Boy

No one is disputing the fine work the foundation do but it is, in my opinion , niave to think some fans won't be questioning why players like Marsh, Bowles and Ferdinand or figures like Stock or Jim Gregory have not been given tangible recognition by the club.

Not necessarily my opinion but there's certainly people out there who have different opinions and they have a right to hold them.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 18:07]

The decision was to name the stadium after a charity that does good work in the local area, not to name it after a former player. It just so happens that the winning charity is named after a former youth team player, it probably helped with getting it voted as the selected charity. If the Grenfell charity had won the vote it would perhaps make the distinction more obvious.

I'd like to see the club do something for Stan but to conflate the two separate things is wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

ellieslie road stand on 18:47 - Jul 4 with 777 views80s_Boy

ellieslie road stand on 18:38 - Jul 4 by QPR_Jim

The decision was to name the stadium after a charity that does good work in the local area, not to name it after a former player. It just so happens that the winning charity is named after a former youth team player, it probably helped with getting it voted as the selected charity. If the Grenfell charity had won the vote it would perhaps make the distinction more obvious.

I'd like to see the club do something for Stan but to conflate the two separate things is wrong.

As I said, not necessarily my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024