Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan 19:13 - Jun 26 with 7646 viewsTonto

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-bonne-ipswwich-move-done

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 16:04 - Jun 27 with 1647 viewsgazza1

So, I think, because of the Bonne Ipswich interview, he has played his last game for the R's first team, even if we get injuries over next season to CA or Dykes and want to bring him back (if that is possible with a season long loan).

So, if either Dykes or CA get an injury we will be very short indeed and MW will need to decide if the young lads are good enough to 'step up'. Also, and we all know that Dykes improved in the later stages of the season, if he doesn't play well then we are going to need to have a good replacement, CA is not getting any younger either.

MW has a 'big call' as to whether or not he wants to sign another striker or rely on the younger lads. That decision will be made a few weeks into pre-season training and when he puts the younger lads under the microscope.
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 16:57 - Jun 27 with 1561 viewstkqpr

MW has always used George Thomas quite attackingly and along with Uncs not featuring in his best advanced role then these players will likely feature more next season as a 3/4th choice attacking options but with the benefit of more midfield defensive attributes to boot.

Potentially this might open up the Jorge Grant transfer rumour. Again another attacking comfortable on the ball goalscoring midfielder?

However it wouldnt surprise me to see another striker being brought in and it wouldnt surprise me to see Hugill back if the rumours are true about Norwich wanting him to be lent back out and with their Premier League money they could well pay for a good portion of his wages.
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 17:06 - Jun 27 with 1537 viewsNorthantsHoop

Probably a good move for him and Rangers. Once Charlie Austin returned he did not fit into the striking options that Warburton now favours. If he does well opportunity to sell, rather than have a player who just warms the bench. I think our attacking options with Willock firing alongside Austin and Dykes look very promising.
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 18:55 - Jun 27 with 1414 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think I'm the only one who finds this puzzling. Unless they have someone else lined up; more faith in Kelman and/or Kendall; or they are expecting a breakthrough from 1 of the youngsters like Armstrong.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 09:37 - Jun 28 with 1228 viewsfrancisbowles

This is about the player. He has only started two games for us in 2021. He will be 26 this year and isn't going to develop any further unless he gets regular football. The signing of CA and the improvement of Dykes and Willock has pushed him further away from getting that here.

On a season long loan there is usually a break clause in January so if we get short of attackers we can recall then.
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 09:44 - Jun 28 with 1207 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 18:55 - Jun 27 by derbyhoop

I don't think I'm the only one who finds this puzzling. Unless they have someone else lined up; more faith in Kelman and/or Kendall; or they are expecting a breakthrough from 1 of the youngsters like Armstrong.

As explained above, Kelman moved ahead of Bonne in the pecking order last season. We have also signed Austin. We can also comfortably play with one up front.
We're not signing another striker.

Bare bones.

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 09:46 - Jun 28 with 1198 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 16:04 - Jun 27 by gazza1

So, I think, because of the Bonne Ipswich interview, he has played his last game for the R's first team, even if we get injuries over next season to CA or Dykes and want to bring him back (if that is possible with a season long loan).

So, if either Dykes or CA get an injury we will be very short indeed and MW will need to decide if the young lads are good enough to 'step up'. Also, and we all know that Dykes improved in the later stages of the season, if he doesn't play well then we are going to need to have a good replacement, CA is not getting any younger either.

MW has a 'big call' as to whether or not he wants to sign another striker or rely on the younger lads. That decision will be made a few weeks into pre-season training and when he puts the younger lads under the microscope.

He's already made his 'big call'.
We're not 'very short indeed' if one of them gets injured: Austin was out for three games and we coped easily. We can easily move to one up front, and he clearly has some faith in Kelman, or maybe even Armstrong.
That decision won't be made in a few weeks - it's already been made.

Bare bones.

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 10:09 - Jun 28 with 1146 viewsTacticalR

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 14:29 - Jun 27 by qpr_1968

Thanks for that. I didn't realise Bonne was an Ipswich fan and came through the youth system at Ipswich.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 10:26 - Jun 28 with 1103 viewss1cRanger

I don't really get this one if I am honest unless Kelman has improved and is likely to be on the bench as a backup to Dykes and Austin. From what I saw of Bonne when he did come on I was happy with it. He gave us an alternative to the Dykes and Austin link-up and seemed to grab a few goals when needed. If Kelman can offer that next season it remains to be seen but as Kelman hasn't really played too much and is still unproven at Championship level (whereas Bonne is) it is a bigger risk.

Maybe Bonne thinks he should be starting and just wants to play week in week out which is far enough. Maybe he will help them get promotion and come back a better player. IMO Austin isn't going to be a long-term solution so we do need to think about the future strikers.
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 10:41 - Jun 28 with 1064 viewsBklynRanger

Intersting video - I see he's sort of 'saying by not saying' that last season was unsuccessful and one he needs to put behind him.

Even now I still don't see that he should necessarily feel that way - he was competing with Dykes for his place, and when Charlie came in he obviously slipped back a place - but what would he expect? If you find you're having to compete with Kelman to be 3rd choice striker is that such an awful thing? Maybe his head dropped and he felt that it just wasn't working out - which then makes a move even more likely I suppose.

Reading a lot into it I know but he does seem to have some baggage there.
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 10:48 - Jun 28 with 1038 viewsfrancisbowles

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 10:26 - Jun 28 by s1cRanger

I don't really get this one if I am honest unless Kelman has improved and is likely to be on the bench as a backup to Dykes and Austin. From what I saw of Bonne when he did come on I was happy with it. He gave us an alternative to the Dykes and Austin link-up and seemed to grab a few goals when needed. If Kelman can offer that next season it remains to be seen but as Kelman hasn't really played too much and is still unproven at Championship level (whereas Bonne is) it is a bigger risk.

Maybe Bonne thinks he should be starting and just wants to play week in week out which is far enough. Maybe he will help them get promotion and come back a better player. IMO Austin isn't going to be a long-term solution so we do need to think about the future strikers.

You do get it

"IMO Austin isn't going to be a long-term solution so we do need to think about the future strikers."

Which is exactly why Bonne is being loaned out.
Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 10:51 - Jun 28 with 1027 viewsgazza1

Bonne to Ipswich on season long loan on 09:46 - Jun 28 by Antti_Heinola

He's already made his 'big call'.
We're not 'very short indeed' if one of them gets injured: Austin was out for three games and we coped easily. We can easily move to one up front, and he clearly has some faith in Kelman, or maybe even Armstrong.
That decision won't be made in a few weeks - it's already been made.

We will see Antti.....I am not so 'cock sure' as you are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024