Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 22302 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:45 - Jul 9 with 720 viewsGloryHunter

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:00 - Jul 9 by wood_hoop

Stayed off the board for a couple of days as I just knew some would find faults in how we played, the players selected the luck we had, the manager ,the ref, the prick that used the laser light, nought wrong in that, this is a football forum and all opinions are valid and that's why its here.

I have jut sat back and revelled in us reaching a final, was 10 years old when this last happened, the pure joy of watching Bobby Moore in black and white lifting the Jules Rimet trophy every one of that squad an absolute hero.

After the game going to my local park ( dog shit paradise ) wearing a pair of shorts, knee length socks round me ankles, a second hand orange football shirt, ( Blackpool) given to me by a neighbour and a twenty aside game with all the other local urchins, the pure joy of trying to emulate the heroes that lifted our spirits so high, no matter how tough home life might be.

For a brief few hours there will be plenty of 10 year olds maybe wearing an England shirt, watching the game in colour on a tv screen that covers the whole wall of a lounge but if we do win the pure joy will be no different to a scrufy little boy 55 years ago.........

The black-and-white TV thing is interesting. I was 13 at the time of the 1966 win. A few weeks later we all trooped along to the Odeon in Harrow to see the World Cup Final IN COLOUR! It must have been filmed with movie-quality film cameras. But how was the original TV footage broadcast and recorded - was it an early form of video tape? I remember seeing something on Tomorrow's World or similar at the time, showing a kind of turntable disc, and this was the first technology that could show TV action replays.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:00 - Jul 10 with 594 viewsessextaxiboy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:49 - Jul 8 by 80s_Boy

"This from SM before extra time is what I meant "The next half hour will change your life""

Sadly football commentary and punditry has been on a downward spiral for a number of years and, like many things in life, has been affected by a clear dumbing down.

You can amuse yourself listening to Matterface by counting how may times he crams the word Chelsea into 90 min .
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:23 - Jul 10 with 516 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 07:14 - Jul 9 by gazza1

That sort of stuff (passing and movement) is not down to Southgate.....it is the players.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 7:16]

To be fair to you, this nonsense has been said before on here and has become a football belief that is totally unfair.

Teams play well - its the players

Teams play badly - Its the manager's fault.

Can't for the life of me see how this continues to be a football 'truth' when its patently wrong and unfair, but there you go, you've proved that its alive and well and still being trotted out.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:31 - Jul 10 with 478 viewsgazza1

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:23 - Jul 10 by PinnerPaul

To be fair to you, this nonsense has been said before on here and has become a football belief that is totally unfair.

Teams play well - its the players

Teams play badly - Its the manager's fault.

Can't for the life of me see how this continues to be a football 'truth' when its patently wrong and unfair, but there you go, you've proved that its alive and well and still being trotted out.

That may be your opinions or others but it certainly is not mine...........if the players are at fault then I say so, likewise if it is the Manager then sobeit.

If I recall this was about the players keeping the ball for a good time near the end of the game......some said well done to Southgate!!! It was nowt to do with Southgate, it was the quality of the players as to why we kept the ball.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 17:36]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:38 - Jul 10 with 464 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:47 - Jul 9 by BazzeR

Interesting that Italy player Marco Veratti called for EUFA to investigate Sunday’s referee Bjorn Kuipers for telling him to ‘fcuk off’ in a recent Champions league match in March 2021.

I think Veratti is a bit of a pri*k myself to be fair and I know its basically frowned upon but I give the Ref credit here .MV aggressively surrounds the ref literally on every big decision that is against his team so he should be carded for that but fcuk off is good too
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:49 - Jul 10 with 458 viewsTGRRRSSS

Well England got to the final, to put this in context surely nobody under 65 can really remember at all this happening before.

Great achievement, hopefully they can win a trophy they've never won before.

Overall England deserved it, huge credit to Denmark the pen.... well seen softer given.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024