Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 22571 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:23 - Jul 8 with 1468 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:31 - Jul 8 by ozexile

Exactly. People crying out for VAR for years. It's given by VRA and people still whinging. Maybe we should have VAR for VAR decisions?

The type of person who was crying out for VAR is the kind of person who helped football become effectively non contact on the pitch and sterile off it.

It would never have been given 20-30 years ago but this is the game you created so don't moan about it.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:28 - Jul 8 with 1445 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:20 - Jul 8 by daveB

How's the ITV curse going?

Pundit panel is very good, better than BBC.

But Matterface and Dixon. Good grief. In the end I had to mute them, I couldn't take their inanities and jinxing comments any more.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:29 - Jul 8 with 1441 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:27 - Jul 7 by 80s_Boy

Anyone talking about or moaning about the style of football needs to have a look at themselves...

We've just made the final of a major international tournament for the first time in 55 years. That is the ONLY thing that matters....

Have a beer, have a w@nk or shag the missus... Cheer up FFS!

2 out 3 ain’t bad.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:41 - Jul 8 with 1388 viewsphilc

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:17 - Jul 8 by distortR

And there was me decrying 'the invisible hand' on another thread!

Best team won. End of. From 60 minutes the Danes gave up any attacking intent. How anyone English can be whinging, how any other nationality can't see who deserved to go through, beats me.

I imagine Scottish people are saying, "You know what, they deserve this, they did give us football after all. I suppose it IS going home".

Only one issue for me, when the commentator described one of the bee's Danes and Mount as west London rivals. Anyone walking past a packed pub in the IOM may have been surprised to hear an angry voice shouting "They're from f'king Middlesex!"

Everyone one in my pub laughed at the Brentford comment, and someone, non English admittedly, had to have it explained who Brentford are.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:44 - Jul 8 with 1376 viewsMyke

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 08:24 - Jul 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe I’m in a minority but I thought smashing a geezer with your hip two yards from the goal line is a dead cert penalty.

I don't think there was any argument Baz that Kane was fouled (although a bit further out than two yards) , but the point was the ref had already blown for a foul BY Kane to win the ball back, therefore the foul ON Kane happened when the ball was 'dead'.
There is always controversy during games , if there wasn't we wouldn't watch it.There is no question that England deserved to win, they were far superior to Denmark. And so they should be, Denmark are a tiny country who have a handful of quality players, the best of which is obviously out of action. Even we drew with them twice in the qualifiers!

Denmark have being carried along by a wave of... not euphoria, that's the wrong word, but sympathy and adrenalin since Eriksen's terrible heart attack and it brought them a long way. But clearly England have superior players and they deserve to be in the final.

I never thought I would say this, but I actually felt a bit sorry for Grealish being taken off again. As I said earlier, I think Southgate made the wrong call, for the last 15 minutes and it made for an uncomfortable 10 minutes or so, although they controlled the last 5. But to take off a sub is always hard on that player. Southgate doesn't seem to trust him completely.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:45 - Jul 8 with 1373 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:28 - Jul 8 by TheChef

But Matterface and Dixon. Good grief. In the end I had to mute them, I couldn't take their inanities and jinxing comments any more.

I love how Emma Hayes has been clearly told to stop being so boring and yet still managed to...

Definitely BBC for me on Sunday.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:48 - Jul 8 with 1365 viewsMaggsinho

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:45 - Jul 8 by 80s_Boy

I love how Emma Hayes has been clearly told to stop being so boring and yet still managed to...

Definitely BBC for me on Sunday.

Boring? I think she's been the best pundit in the whole tournament.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:02 - Jul 8 with 1321 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:48 - Jul 8 by Maggsinho

Boring? I think she's been the best pundit in the whole tournament.

Going to have to disagree with you here.

She does what everyone who some how feels that they're not accepted in certain circles does: over compensates by showing either too much knowledge or enthusiasm.

Her endless monologues may be suited to modern day coaching manuals but they are boring for most who watch and over-complicate what is still, despite the best efforts of a number of pundits to convince us otherwise, a very, very simple game.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 10:03]
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:03 - Jul 8 with 1308 viewsKonk

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:44 - Jul 8 by Myke

I don't think there was any argument Baz that Kane was fouled (although a bit further out than two yards) , but the point was the ref had already blown for a foul BY Kane to win the ball back, therefore the foul ON Kane happened when the ball was 'dead'.
There is always controversy during games , if there wasn't we wouldn't watch it.There is no question that England deserved to win, they were far superior to Denmark. And so they should be, Denmark are a tiny country who have a handful of quality players, the best of which is obviously out of action. Even we drew with them twice in the qualifiers!

Denmark have being carried along by a wave of... not euphoria, that's the wrong word, but sympathy and adrenalin since Eriksen's terrible heart attack and it brought them a long way. But clearly England have superior players and they deserve to be in the final.

I never thought I would say this, but I actually felt a bit sorry for Grealish being taken off again. As I said earlier, I think Southgate made the wrong call, for the last 15 minutes and it made for an uncomfortable 10 minutes or so, although they controlled the last 5. But to take off a sub is always hard on that player. Southgate doesn't seem to trust him completely.

This explanation of the Grealish substitution and switching to 3-4-3, makes sense to me:

“We felt that we know the way Denmark have gone when they’ve been behind,” Southgate said. “They’ve gone with 4-2-4 basically. We needed to keep pressure up front but have numbers to deal with the balls into the box. We made that decision, not an easy one, but Jack understood it. At the end he said: ‘Gaffer, not really bothered, we’re into the final.’”

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:03 - Jul 8 with 1308 viewswillis1980

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:44 - Jul 8 by Myke

ive really applaud and appreciated the humility and sportsmanship the danes on this forum have shown today, I know I wouldve struggled to do the same even if the game had resulted in england receiving a drubbing by the danes.

I grew up in a city that was once part of Denmark and would spend every second weekend in Sonderborg as well as every summer in Copenhagen (still would if it wasnt for Covid). I rooted for them during their "fairytale" in 92 and am now just hoping England can have a fairytale of their own.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:04 - Jul 8 with 1306 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 09:20 - Jul 8 by Malintabuk

Same I thought it was a pen as well. As soon as there is that contact it is a pen.
Regardless of whether Stirling went down easy or not these days they are given
In live action I would have given it, the ref gave it and VAR gave it.... end of really
Though until we scored I was think...... penalties

Schmeichel......... Pickford..... Schmeichel...... Pickford..... oh f........

I thought it was as blatant a dive as you could see, being honest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:06 - Jul 8 with 1290 viewsGloryHunter

It took Matterface & Dixon until the 119th minute to realise (or to tell us) that Denmark had been playing since half-time et with only 10 men.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:15 - Jul 8 with 1257 viewsJuzzie

Whatever happens on Sunday I think Southgate can lay his personal demons to rest. I'm sure it'll never go away fully but by getting us to a Euro final he's personally countered it through contributing not getting us to the same final 25 years ago.
That doesn't mean job done, we have to 110% focus on winning which I absolutely sure we will. Whoever wins on Sunday will have earned it.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:20 - Jul 8 with 1243 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:15 - Jul 8 by Juzzie

Whatever happens on Sunday I think Southgate can lay his personal demons to rest. I'm sure it'll never go away fully but by getting us to a Euro final he's personally countered it through contributing not getting us to the same final 25 years ago.
That doesn't mean job done, we have to 110% focus on winning which I absolutely sure we will. Whoever wins on Sunday will have earned it.

Great point. Delighted for Southgate, seems so dignified any time I've heard him interviewed. I like Managers to behave like that.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:24 - Jul 8 with 1225 viewssprocket

It's now or never for England. Shit or get off the pot?

Italy though...
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:39 - Jul 8 with 1171 viewsdaveB

Oh god yeah, they were awful last night
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:40 - Jul 8 with 1157 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:39 - Jul 8 by daveB

Oh god yeah, they were awful last night

Would be nice to have the option to have the crowd noise but not the commentary. I'm sure the BBC had a red button option for that a few years ago.

It was slightly surreal watching on mute, but it did help my nerves a little bit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:43 - Jul 8 with 1136 viewsMaggsinho

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:24 - Jul 8 by sprocket

It's now or never for England. Shit or get off the pot?

Italy though...

I'm not so sure about that, it feels like a beginning rather than an end with this team.

If we had lost another semi final and this time to Denmark - a team we would have fancied ourselves beating - then yes I think it would have been a blow.

But if we lose in the final to Italy, it'll be sad but we take the confidence, the smashing down of barriers, the achievements we've never made before and take that into the World Cup next year.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:44 - Jul 8 with 1134 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:04 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought it was as blatant a dive as you could see, being honest.

If that was at the other end the Denmark forward is doing exactly the same, once he put his leg across Sterling has to go down. I didn't think it was a penalty but as soon as he gave it VAR was not going to over turn it, one of those where if he doesn't give it VAR would also stick with the ref.

England fully deserved the win though, played really well again last night and how anyone could come on here last night in the aftermath of the game and moan is beyond me. After all the years of hurt with England, the last 18 months of being locked up living in this mad world to experience that last night was incredible. I watched the highlights this morning and teared up again at the final whistle. I am an absolute emotional wreck
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:48 - Jul 8 with 1113 viewsted_hendrix

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:06 - Jul 8 by GloryHunter

It took Matterface & Dixon until the 119th minute to realise (or to tell us) that Denmark had been playing since half-time et with only 10 men.

Dreadful commentary from these two, why do they have to make unfunny little quips whilst commenting? "shut the f uck up you c unt"

Should bring the superb Barry Davies out of retirement for Sunday's final, he was the Master.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:52 - Jul 8 with 1086 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:44 - Jul 8 by daveB

If that was at the other end the Denmark forward is doing exactly the same, once he put his leg across Sterling has to go down. I didn't think it was a penalty but as soon as he gave it VAR was not going to over turn it, one of those where if he doesn't give it VAR would also stick with the ref.

England fully deserved the win though, played really well again last night and how anyone could come on here last night in the aftermath of the game and moan is beyond me. After all the years of hurt with England, the last 18 months of being locked up living in this mad world to experience that last night was incredible. I watched the highlights this morning and teared up again at the final whistle. I am an absolute emotional wreck

Really thrilled for you, Dave. After years of really disliking many of the English team while also wanting my English-supporting friends to be happy it's great to like the team as well. I'm looking forward to teh Final already.

England were far superior, but that doesn't mean the peno call wasn't complete nonsense. And I thought VAR should have overturned it. It was rough justice on Denmark who were at 1-1 thanks to excellent defending and superb goalkeeping.

I think England would probably have gone on to win anyway as they were creating multiple chances at that stage and Denmark looked really tired.

Either way, the decision is done and you should all forget about it and bask in the next few days. I envy you all, and am very happy for you.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:57 - Jul 8 with 1063 viewspeterlund_dk

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:03 - Jul 8 by willis1980

ive really applaud and appreciated the humility and sportsmanship the danes on this forum have shown today, I know I wouldve struggled to do the same even if the game had resulted in england receiving a drubbing by the danes.

I grew up in a city that was once part of Denmark and would spend every second weekend in Sonderborg as well as every summer in Copenhagen (still would if it wasnt for Covid). I rooted for them during their "fairytale" in 92 and am now just hoping England can have a fairytale of their own.

Small world, Willis. I live in Sonderborg.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:00 - Jul 8 with 1050 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:43 - Jul 8 by Maggsinho

I'm not so sure about that, it feels like a beginning rather than an end with this team.

If we had lost another semi final and this time to Denmark - a team we would have fancied ourselves beating - then yes I think it would have been a blow.

But if we lose in the final to Italy, it'll be sad but we take the confidence, the smashing down of barriers, the achievements we've never made before and take that into the World Cup next year.

You look at this team and what they've achieved and its not inconceivable that they could be in the running for the World Cup next year and the Euros in 3 years time.

Not saying we're going to win any but we could be there or thereabouts for all 3.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:02 - Jul 8 with 1037 viewsPhildo

What was going on when the Danish player had a word with the ref and he went over to the 4th official? It all looked a bit Toddy Kane for a momnet?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:14 - Jul 8 with 998 viewsBazzeR

If Southgate picks a similar side for the final who would be the nominated pen takers for a shoot out?

I would be worried if Pickford was selected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024