Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HULL 0 QPR 3 16:59 - Aug 14 with 5951 viewsgazza1

That was an absolute brilliant awesome performance, MW talks a lot about looking after the ball & wow, did we look after the ball. I could write as much as Norf does about our players and team but I leave it to the professional.

Well pleased, happy days, few beers and a curry will go down very well tonight!!!!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:00]
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 01:13 - Aug 15 with 1161 viewsPunteR

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 23:17 - Aug 14 by Hunterhoop

You may be on to something. If someone made me work and live in Hull, I’d be unhappy.

simple as that

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 01:32 - Aug 15 with 1128 viewsBoston

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 23:53 - Aug 14 by CiderwithRsie

It really stands out as weird, especially as the same people saying he's bound to drag us down were saying they'd have won but for amazing defending by us.

I suspect he was their scapegoat when they went down in 2019-20, same as we've had scapegoats, and they can't admit to themselves they were wrong. Worth remembering next time we're slagging one of ours.

Seems like a canny bit of scouting by our lot to find exactly the sort of player we wanted - big, nasty, but can play the ball out too - at a club that didn't rate him.

Simple. In the right circumstances we can all do well, even shine. Sometimes finding those circumstances can be difficult..it appears he / we got lucky.

Bring on the dancing girls.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 1:33]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 01:38 - Aug 15 with 1103 viewsHooparoo

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 01:32 - Aug 15 by Boston

Simple. In the right circumstances we can all do well, even shine. Sometimes finding those circumstances can be difficult..it appears he / we got lucky.

You asked for it:
💃🏼👯‍♀️👯💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼👯👯👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 05:08 - Aug 15 with 989 viewsOregonQPR

Watching from here in Oregon on ESPN I have to say that was the most encouraging performance I’ve seen by a QPR team in years. Good link play, sound decision making done far quicker than in recent times and a team looking like they are trying to win a game by being creative and not hopeful.

What I’ve seen previously is that we would often do the right thing but too slowly such as making the right passes but they get to the correct player/place but take a second too long and space has been closed down and opportunities lost.

Putting aside his one dodgy moment doesn’t our keeper look very good? A good shot stopper he comes for crosses and seems a wonderfully calm individual who I think will be worth a good few points to the team this season.

It’s early and seeing how the team responds to a losing run or injury setback will give us a better idea of how the season will turn out but I must say I feel very optimistic about 21/22.

Another thing about today was the excellent following the team got. While I was disappointed with the number of fans those that were present made a fantastic noise and if this team continues as they’ve have started I hope the numbers increase considerably as performances like that deserve to be seen by more fans.

COYR’s
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 07:44 - Aug 15 with 874 viewsdmm

I thought di Wijs was our best player yesterday. Really impressive and exactly what we need as the central CB.

The Hull fan's "He's got a mistake in him" comment is so lame. All players make mistakes but throw that idea at a particular player enough times and it will stick. You can be sure when a mistake by him leads to a goal, as it eventually will sometime, there'll be those who'll say, "Told you so".
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 08:54 - Aug 15 with 708 viewsAntti_Heinola

One or two fans on this thread seem to think a win is only *really* good if we dominate games from start to finish.
Wake up call: that is extremely rare at any level of pro football and especially in this league. All teams over 90 mins will put pressure on us and we will make mistakes and they will create chances. Not to say we can’t improve, of course we can, but as Ramsey one said to Ollie at Villa ‘just enjoy the result, Oll’

Bare bones.

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 09:07 - Aug 15 with 681 viewsgazza1

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 08:54 - Aug 15 by Antti_Heinola

One or two fans on this thread seem to think a win is only *really* good if we dominate games from start to finish.
Wake up call: that is extremely rare at any level of pro football and especially in this league. All teams over 90 mins will put pressure on us and we will make mistakes and they will create chances. Not to say we can’t improve, of course we can, but as Ramsey one said to Ollie at Villa ‘just enjoy the result, Oll’

We will never dominate for 90 minutes against championship team, as you said there will be a spell in all games when we have to 'ride our luck' or defend very well. I thought we did all of that yesterday.
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 09:26 - Aug 15 with 613 viewsCiderwithRsie

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 01:32 - Aug 15 by Boston

It's a good point that we look at players on the pitch and say he's good/bad/whatever and assume that's what they'd be like if we signed (or sold) them.

But you or I work better if home is good and the workplace is right; we don't know how a player will go in a different club, different town etc.

QPR have been a better club off the pitch for a year or two, I'd like to think that is seeping through and it's not all luck!
Login to get fewer ads

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 09:30 - Aug 15 with 602 viewsdaveB

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:53 - Aug 14 by Hunterhoop

I know things work out differently for players at different clubs, but I cannot fathom how Hull think De Wijs is a calamity.

Injury concerns? Absolutely! But every time he’s played for us, he’s looked superb. Strong, great in the air, great positioning, quick, good on the ball. Where is his weakness? What could make anyone think he could possible be a calamity?!

He looks a beast for us. And it’s not been the odd game. It’s 11 league games in a row. His win record with us is better than Johansen’s, I think.

Strange.

I read a while back that the club used pure data for this signing looking at blocks, clearances, headers etc and as it was a loan decided to take a gamble on him to see how it worked. He's been really good, thought he was excellent yesterday as were all the centre backs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024