Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adomah 14:40 - Aug 21 with 6380 viewsgobbles

Adomah massive today second half. For a guy with "no legs", look at his run after his crossfield ball to start the move for the equaliser. Not only kept going but was at the far post when the ball came in the box ready for a tap-in if the keeper saved it
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 14:41]
Adomah on 09:09 - Aug 22 with 1450 viewsKensal_Ranger

Adomah on 23:16 - Aug 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Someone sat behind me said he was a painter and decorator in the Hammersmith area when he was 19.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Real artistry today, and he's not even in it for the Monet.
Adomah on 09:36 - Aug 22 with 1379 viewsNorthantsHoop

Super contribution yesterday, changed the game for us.
Adomah on 11:55 - Aug 22 with 1284 viewsrsonist

Adomah on 08:26 - Aug 22 by ParkRoyalR

I'm sure Sir Les was and Albert was playing Old Boys football for Meads in Chiswick his late teens before moving to Harrow Borough I think so could be the case - a great journey if so - and maybe all the way to Clive's LfW's MOTM glory - fingers crossed!

Would be nice for us to turn our non-league radar on again. Admittedly it took him three years to get first team ready, but it still smarted a bit seeing Isiah Jones tearing it up for Boro midweek. They also signed another lad this week from Billericay:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/toyosi-olusanya-joins

Sorba Thomas who Huddersfield beat a few clubs to from Boreham Wood last year is also starting to catch fire over there it seems.
Adomah on 13:00 - Aug 22 with 1203 viewsJamesB1979

Was fantastic when he came on. What I didn’t realise at time but seen on highlights is how good his pass was during the build up to equaliser. Hit pinpoint with speed. None of this loopy pass stuff that allows defences to get in position. His passing and crossing in general is a massive asset.
Adomah on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 1153 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adomah on 13:00 - Aug 22 by JamesB1979

Was fantastic when he came on. What I didn’t realise at time but seen on highlights is how good his pass was during the build up to equaliser. Hit pinpoint with speed. None of this loopy pass stuff that allows defences to get in position. His passing and crossing in general is a massive asset.

Good point. Was a bit disappointed even in the extended highlights they didn't start the footage for the equaliser 15 secs earlier, because there was a lovely move between I think Ossie and Dickie before it went to Albert. Fantastic goal, sweeping from right back to left wing to goal.

Bare bones.

Adomah on 14:02 - Aug 22 with 1106 viewsHarbour

Anyone think it could have been red instead of yellow when Albert was pulled down outside the box he looked to have clear run at the goal.
Adomah on 14:43 - Aug 22 with 1069 viewsPinnerPaul

Adomah on 13:22 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

Good point. Was a bit disappointed even in the extended highlights they didn't start the footage for the equaliser 15 secs earlier, because there was a lovely move between I think Ossie and Dickie before it went to Albert. Fantastic goal, sweeping from right back to left wing to goal.

One reason I avoid highlights if I've been there.

Will hopefully settle down for a nice leisurely recap of the whole 90' tomorrow.

OK, 1st 30' wont be THAT enjoyable but you know what I mean!
Adomah on 14:56 - Aug 22 with 1052 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adomah on 14:02 - Aug 22 by Harbour

Anyone think it could have been red instead of yellow when Albert was pulled down outside the box he looked to have clear run at the goal.

I think there were enough covering defenders and it was a tight angle. Yellow right call under the laws.

But I was thinking yesterday on that foul and even more so on the one on Johansen, whether the laws could be tweaked. Fans and pundits are often, imo, far too obsessed with diving, and let those sort of challenges go, even cheering them as 'professional' and 'taking a yellow for the team.' I'm in a minority of one who does not see Gary O'Neil as a hero in the play-off final. He cheated. I'm glad we won of course, but it was not heroic.

In my view, this blatant, out and out cheating should be punishable by a red - the Johansen one in particular. The key for me here is that there is no attempt at all to play the ball. A pull of the shirt at least runs no risk of injury, but the one on Johansen could have resulted in injury AND there was no attempt to play the ball AND it stopped a very favourable break. For me, those three things together should (I know they don't) equal a red.

When I say 'could have resulted in an injury' I don't mean it was a dangerous tackle particularly, but in the sense that any tackle can result in a twist or a roll of an ankle or whatever. That's fine, that's the risk you take - as long as there's an attempt at the ball. But when a player deliberately does not attempt to play the ball, and it's unequivocal, I think it should be a red.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Adomah on 16:28 - Aug 22 with 990 viewsterryb

Adomah on 14:56 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

I think there were enough covering defenders and it was a tight angle. Yellow right call under the laws.

But I was thinking yesterday on that foul and even more so on the one on Johansen, whether the laws could be tweaked. Fans and pundits are often, imo, far too obsessed with diving, and let those sort of challenges go, even cheering them as 'professional' and 'taking a yellow for the team.' I'm in a minority of one who does not see Gary O'Neil as a hero in the play-off final. He cheated. I'm glad we won of course, but it was not heroic.

In my view, this blatant, out and out cheating should be punishable by a red - the Johansen one in particular. The key for me here is that there is no attempt at all to play the ball. A pull of the shirt at least runs no risk of injury, but the one on Johansen could have resulted in injury AND there was no attempt to play the ball AND it stopped a very favourable break. For me, those three things together should (I know they don't) equal a red.

When I say 'could have resulted in an injury' I don't mean it was a dangerous tackle particularly, but in the sense that any tackle can result in a twist or a roll of an ankle or whatever. That's fine, that's the risk you take - as long as there's an attempt at the ball. But when a player deliberately does not attempt to play the ball, and it's unequivocal, I think it should be a red.

I thought the one from Chair was worse than the one on Johansen.

I would not have been surprised if that had received a sending off. I don't think any injury was intended, but Illias could easily have caused damage.
Adomah on 16:36 - Aug 22 with 984 viewsHarbour

Adomah on 14:56 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

Yes I agree with that he made no attempt what so ever to play the ball he just pulled Johansen down a cynical challenge that deserved more than a yellow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024