Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Charlie Watts 17:41 - Aug 24 with 4439 viewsted_hendrix

Oh no God bless you.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Charlie Watts on 01:09 - Aug 25 with 1039 viewsSonofNorfolt

My old man waiting for the interval about 1.30 in.............
RIP Charlie Watts on 06:02 - Aug 25 with 953 viewsRs_Holy

RIP Charlieā€¦ and thanks for the many memories
RIP Charlie Watts on 07:59 - Aug 25 with 905 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP Charlie Watts on 21:29 - Aug 24 by Boston

I vaguely remember his street being pulled down, we certainly arsed around on the old foundations that remained in place for many years. They were built for people who'd been bombed out of their homes in other parts of Wembley (which was regularly targeted for the rail lines and the airfield at Northwick Park). Someone on this board also grew up on that street, I remember him recanting a story about Watts playing football. Anyway, sad to see 'em go.

https://www.brent.gov.uk/media/2935771/Wembleys%20Rolling%20Stone.pdf?fbclid=IwA

Boston,

A friend posted this on fb this morning and I thought of your post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

RIP Charlie Watts on 08:00 - Aug 25 with 905 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP.

I'm glad that I got to see them live as a whole.

I've always loved the drumming on 'Ruby Tuesday' I think it makes the song.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

RIP Charlie Watts on 08:00 - Aug 25 with 904 viewsBlackCrowe

Not sure, but David Grohl has collaborated with Mick (and maybe Keith) in recent years so it's a possibly but i don't think i'd go. Stones without Charlie ain't the Stones.

Been lucky enough to see the Stones many times in venues big and small over the years. Two standouts were at the Astoria in 2003 and Desert Trip Indio in 2016. Last saw them in 2019 in Santa Clara, CA and thought then this will be the last time, alas i was right.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

RIP Charlie Watts on 08:48 - Aug 25 with 859 viewsenfieldargh

Last saw them at Earls Court with the Lotus Flower stage set, must have been in the 80's sometime. Fantastic

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

RIP Charlie Watts on 10:15 - Aug 25 with 812 viewsLythamR

RIP Charlie Watts on 08:00 - Aug 25 by BlackCrowe

Not sure, but David Grohl has collaborated with Mick (and maybe Keith) in recent years so it's a possibly but i don't think i'd go. Stones without Charlie ain't the Stones.

Been lucky enough to see the Stones many times in venues big and small over the years. Two standouts were at the Astoria in 2003 and Desert Trip Indio in 2016. Last saw them in 2019 in Santa Clara, CA and thought then this will be the last time, alas i was right.

They are going to carry on, they have already planned the next tour and Charlie wasnt involved due to poor health.
RIP Charlie Watts on 10:26 - Aug 25 with 796 viewsMrSheen

On the current rate of one Rolling Stone dying every 52 years, Keith is on course for the 23rd century.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Charlie Watts on 12:06 - Aug 25 with 757 viewswestberksr

glad that i relented on my 'no stadium gigs' rule a few years ago to finally get to see them live.

Watts seemed to be the sanity factor that kept things ticking along amongst the bigger egos.

RIP to a true star
RIP Charlie Watts on 12:38 - Aug 25 with 731 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Earlier I bought 'Between the Buttons' CD with free MP3 download.

'Ruby Tuesday' and 'Lets spend the night together were on the US release FFS I had to add them to it

We listened to it just now on my phone. Really good very 'kinky' in places.

[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 12:49]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

RIP Charlie Watts on 12:53 - Aug 25 with 716 viewsBoston

RIP Charlie Watts on 07:59 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.brent.gov.uk/media/2935771/Wembleys%20Rolling%20Stone.pdf?fbclid=IwA

Boston,

A friend posted this on fb this morning and I thought of your post.

Interesting, I cannot recall the houses looking like that, but do remember the small blocks beside them and yellow machinery loading the remains of that part of the street into tipper trucks.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Charlie Watts on 12:57 - Aug 25 with 711 viewstoboboly

Love this song, RIP Charlie.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

RIP Charlie Watts on 14:53 - Aug 25 with 640 viewsCLAREMAN1995

RIP Charlie Watts on 10:15 - Aug 25 by LythamR

They are going to carry on, they have already planned the next tour and Charlie wasnt involved due to poor health.

This. The money is just too great to see this machine stop tournig and while CW is a vital cog ite Mick who is the engine .
I remember an interview Don Henley gave when Glen Frey died stating point blank the Eagles were finished and suddenly they were back on the road with Frey's son playing and singing in his place .Pretty cool to be fair
RIP Charlie
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:56]
RIP Charlie Watts on 16:13 - Aug 25 with 603 viewsted_hendrix

On reflection, the last two times I saw them live it was noticeable how many youngsters were with their parents T shirted up and enjoying seeing the greatest rock & roll band in the world.

Not to sure how many youngsters go to gigs with their parents, grown up kids yes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Charlie Watts on 16:48 - Aug 25 with 574 viewsBlackCrowe

My biggest regret is not taking my (then 16 year old) daughter to the Twickenham gig in 2018. She wasn't bothered and so i decided against spending a lot on a ticket for her and went with mates instead. I wish i had've forced her.

Charlie would be happy about how the cricket is going though - both he and Mick are big on test cricket.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024