Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rational hatred of Scott Parker 22:52 - Sep 14 with 5276 viewsPeterHucker

Someone on the Bournemouth match thread said they were beginning to develop an irrational hatred of Scott Parker.

First of all, there's nothing irrational about that.

And secondly "beginning to develop" FFS man, what kept you? I've hated him for decades and I was genuinely quite surprised to discover that others hadn't done the same.

We're talking about a man who left Charlton when they were a very good team, regularly finishing midtable or higher in the Premier League. He was the main man at that club and he left to take the tainted rubles of filthy Chelsea.
Curbishley was rightly critical of him at the time saying he didn't put any effort into training once he heard of Chelsea's interest.
If you look up "mercenary" in the dictionary there's a photo of him sitting on the bench at Chelsea.

In an England shirt, he was mainly there to do the same job as he did at Chelsea which was to come on as sub to replace Lampard and miraculously somehow manage to be even more ineffectual than Fat Frank!

My West Brom mate has a theory that London-based players and particularly Londoners get more than their fair share of England caps and he reckons this applies particularly if Spurs & West Ham players. I'm not sure I agree with his theory overall and I think it is largely borne out of jealousy.
But on the other hand, you see Scott Parker being picked for England while playing for those clubs and maybe he's on to something?

In post-match interviews as a player he never came across as a very bright bloke and yet he's walked into a few managerial jobs now just on the basis of his name, his ill-deserved reputation as a player and supposedly being a "good pro".
Not sure Curbishley or the Charlton fans would agree with that!
"Good pro" my hairy arse!

So that checklist again...
Being thick CHECK
Getting manager's jobs he hasn't earnt through previous relevant experience in the lower divisions. CHECK
Underachieving in those jobs CHECK.

You see even as a manager he's just following in Lampard's footsteps.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 12:10 - Sep 15 with 1014 viewsTacticalR

Harry kept on trying to sign him

Scott Parker: QPR agree deal with Tottenham Hotspur (2013)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23725647

Scott Parker does not regret snubbing QPR move (2014)
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9414201/transfer-news-scott-parker

Air hostess clique

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 12:11 - Sep 15 with 1009 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:18 - Sep 14 by ozexile

To think he got an England cap. And to think Mark Hughes wanted to bankrupt us to get him here.

To be fair, you can blame Hughes for a lot, but that wasn't him. It was Warnock. Then Parker went to Spurs with 'Arry, and we got Joey instead, probably on even more money.

Don't mind Parker myself. Seems all right. Had a very good line in doing a 360 with the ball in the centre circle at least three times a game.

Bare bones.

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 12:22 - Sep 15 with 966 viewsParkRoyalR

How can you hate someone who master-mined a superb free-kick routine having seen Thomas Frank's sweeper keeper getting the early bus home to Neasden.
Now if that was in front of their 9k play-off faithful and their 7k half + halves, I would have gone for the gilet/shirt/tie combo myself.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 19:16 - Sep 15 with 783 viewsLazyFan

He left Fulham and got them relegated so, cannot all be bad.

zzzzzzzzzz

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 22:47 - Sep 15 with 688 viewsHooping_Mad

I confess it was me.

You're correct on all points sir, and I know it's churlish but you forgot to add he looks like a Gnome.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:07 - Sep 15 with 659 viewsPeterHucker

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 22:47 - Sep 15 by Hooping_Mad

I confess it was me.

You're correct on all points sir, and I know it's churlish but you forgot to add he looks like a Gnome.

Yes he does look like a gnome. Which reminds of another footballer I hate Gianfúckingfranco Zola.

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:17 - Sep 15 with 652 viewsDavieQPR

Whilst playing us Bournemouth managed to clock up their 100th foul of the season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024