Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth's tactics last night 07:42 - Sep 15 with 1860 viewsCamberleyR

Their dirty, cynical play and ridiculous number of fouls last night by them got me thinking. I looked at their previous games this season and noticed in their 2-2 home draw with Blackpool there were a remarkably similar number to last night (20). The game against Blackpool how it panned out was remarkably similar to last night although Blackpool did manage to equalise from two down and get a point. Then I found this: (Scroll down to the squad miscellaneous stats)

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/Championship-Stats#stats_squads_misc_for::6

They lead the division in number of fouls and by quite a distance as well. Over a 100 already in seven games, 18 more than the next worst, Coventry. A tactic instigated by Parker, the tailor's dummy do we think?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 7:55]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Bournemouth's tactics last night on 09:23 - Sep 15 with 1608 viewsW7Ranger

We've drawn more fouls than any other team, but quite some considerably margin.

Fouls against us are 100. The next team is Swansealona on 86, but they've played 1 game less.
Bournemouth's tactics last night on 09:41 - Sep 15 with 1562 viewsgazza1

Bournemouth's tactics last night on 09:23 - Sep 15 by W7Ranger

We've drawn more fouls than any other team, but quite some considerably margin.

Fouls against us are 100. The next team is Swansealona on 86, but they've played 1 game less.

I would expect that because we have the ball a lot and we are a good team.
Bournemouth's tactics last night on 10:02 - Sep 15 with 1485 viewsthemodfather

from the off cherries were fouling, the first few mins saw many fouls of them blocking, stopping and fouling us and nothing from ref, we didn't roll around or play up and it went on, later if go more physical and some heavy tackles went in to preserve the win, ok willock could have seen red but why? he was fouled and pushed in the back and the other fella, smiths'? arm almost hit his face......how billing stayed on the pitch is beyond me, the cherries are clearly coached to do this, gain any advantage and win at all costs, they only just beat us, but they will soon face suspensions and maybe injuries and have to cope with that. they are one of the top sides and we pretty much outplayed them, one bad slip led to their 1st, the 2nd i will give as a good goal, but they never dominated us and we nearly got the leveller , how it stayed out at the end, well?? but we never had our heads down and kept to our task, they just continued to endlessly foul, shirt pull and stop us playing, IT WORKED. we need to decide when other teams to this, do we roll about and force the ref to do something? or like last night, leave it to the ref and maybe lose more??
Bournemouth's tactics last night on 10:09 - Sep 15 with 1467 viewsBazzeR

Bournemouth's tactics last night on 09:41 - Sep 15 by gazza1

I would expect that because we have the ball a lot and we are a good team.

But are we hurting teams and producing clear cut chances with our high possession stats?

Other than set pieces we look slow and predictable going forwards.Teams are also sitting off us once we bypass any high press and we don’t appear balanced down our right side.

Yes we are scoring goals but most of them recently are the result of coming from behind in games making subs and maybe teams sitting back trying to protect a lead.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 10:11]
Bournemouth's tactics last night on 10:14 - Sep 15 with 1428 viewsTheChef

Even their ball boys were already wasting time in the first half.

Lino on the far side was also absolutely useless. Towards the end ball went out of play for a goal kick, their player chucks the ball into the crowd to waste time right in front of him. No action taken.

Keith Stroud of course had his annoying moments, but on balance wasn't actually that terrible...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024