Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY 21:33 - Oct 1 with 2648 viewsgazza1

He was the first No5 I remember as a young lad at the Rangers...a strong hard man at Centre Back as they were known in those days. Big and strong, hard as nails but limited in football terms....not sure how good he would have been in these days but decent CB back then. Respect.

As for the other lad being inducted on Saturday - George Petchey.....a bit before my time but I remember my Dad telling me that he was a proper midfield player - took no prisoners.

Welcome to the 2021 Rangers.......
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 21:49 - Oct 1 with 2608 viewscolinallcars

I liked Petchey. As said, a really good midfielder or right half as we knew it. He was possessed of a hard shot and a good body swerve when advancing on defenders.
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 22:03 - Oct 1 with 2577 viewstexasranger

Quite agree about George Petchey. In modern parlance, our ballwinner!
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 23:39 - Oct 1 with 2500 viewsDavieQPR

Used to like Rutter when I was a kid and can remember being quite upset when he was replaced by Dugdale. Petchey came from West Ham and joined the same time as the other half back Peter Angel.
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 10:33 - Oct 2 with 2338 viewsOakfarm_Boy

Remember them both very well Keith Rutter was the 3rd Division best centre half. I was in contact with him 3 or 4 years back. Was great to learn that His testimonial raised enough money to buy a house & set up a business. George Petchey was a fine wing half great to watch. My first match at Rangers was in 1949.
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 15:20 - Oct 2 with 2253 viewsqprphil

I used to watch these players regular when my dad used to take me. Sitting on a wooden bench in the now South Africa Road stand. Truly great times for me as a young lad.
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 17:00 - Oct 2 with 2220 viewsT_Block

Respect to the club for remembering them.
Well done Andy Sinton?
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 10:51 - Oct 3 with 2121 viewsfrancisbowles

KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 10:33 - Oct 2 by Oakfarm_Boy

Remember them both very well Keith Rutter was the 3rd Division best centre half. I was in contact with him 3 or 4 years back. Was great to learn that His testimonial raised enough money to buy a house & set up a business. George Petchey was a fine wing half great to watch. My first match at Rangers was in 1949.

Respect to you. Do you still make the matches?

72 years makes me still in the development stage with my 51.

Well done to the club in recognising these former players.
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 10:56 - Oct 3 with 2107 viewscolinallcars

I've mentioned in other threads how looking back, it seems the team never changed - Drinkwater, Woods, Ingham, Petchey, Rutter, Angell and so on. Players didn't seem to pick up injuries. Or of course it may be my memory in tatters.
Login to get fewer ads

KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 19:27 - Oct 4 with 1946 viewsOakfarm_Boy

Have lived in Devon since 1976, had a season ticket until 4 years ago.Always get to Bristol away and half a dozen home games.
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 1752 viewsqprphil

Better than me, 1954 was my first match.........
KEITH RUTTER..PETCHEY on 02:12 - Oct 7 with 1680 viewsBoston

I've let the Her Majesty know...
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 2:12]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024