Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on 23:19 - Dec 4 with 12638 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst away trip memories.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 14:23 - Dec 5 with 2811 viewsBeauRanger

Play off final in Cardiff, driving home through the town on one of the supporters’ coaches & getting lovely messages from the Cardiff fans out celebrating. Soooo depressing 😩
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 17:19 - Dec 5 with 2685 viewsqprxtc

That cup game at MK Dons ten years ago. No trouble but me and a couple of mates got back to the station and as it was a while before our train back to the Bush we stpppwd off for a jar in the station pub, which has a tv giving the train times.

Saw our train was leaving in one minute so legged it over to the platform to see it moving on out. Back to the pub.

One hour later, Deja vu for the second time. In fact we missed the train back to the Bush, three bloody times. It shouldn’t be possible.

We did manage to get the next one as we piled down the stairs, jumped on before realising this train was going to Aberdeen and the one to Shepherds Bush was the one leaving to our left.

Back to the pub. No more direct trains back to the Bush. Got one to Willesden and got a bus home.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 17:42 - Dec 5 with 2650 viewsPeterHucker

First one that comes to my mind is Huddersfield away in 2001. We had just gone into administration and then we were relegated to League 1 with a late goal.
Rodney Marsh saying that if QPR didn't sort itself out it could end up in the Conference, he got a lot of stick at the time for saying that but I think he was about right.
After the match, I remember sitting on the grass by the river outside the stadium there and feeling just about as low as I ever have in all my years following QPR. In addition to the relegation, it felt like there was a real possibility of the club ceasing to exist.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 17:56 - Dec 5 with 2618 viewspaulparker

Swindon town either 97 or 98 , anyway 3 of us did the trip as we met some girls from Swindon on a lads holiday in falaraki the previous summer having kept in touch we thought we would do the football in the afternoon and then go out in the evening
Being really clever we only bought the clothes we were gonna go out in so I was wearing a white v neck cerrutti and jeans
We were stood on the away end with no roof and the heavens opened , it lashed it down, loads of people were wearing plastic macs but us three who shivered and were soaked through
To make matters worse we got beat and we turned up at this girls house with 3 pairs of clothes trying to dry out on one electric heater , they wasn’t impressed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 18:02 - Dec 5 with 2613 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Probably the Spurs v Rangers game 2011/2012. Treated like cattle on entry. Sat near a load of coaked up pricks. 5-0. I can't think of one good thing about that match.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 19:45 - Dec 5 with 2518 viewsHayesender

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 17:56 - Dec 5 by paulparker

Swindon town either 97 or 98 , anyway 3 of us did the trip as we met some girls from Swindon on a lads holiday in falaraki the previous summer having kept in touch we thought we would do the football in the afternoon and then go out in the evening
Being really clever we only bought the clothes we were gonna go out in so I was wearing a white v neck cerrutti and jeans
We were stood on the away end with no roof and the heavens opened , it lashed it down, loads of people were wearing plastic macs but us three who shivered and were soaked through
To make matters worse we got beat and we turned up at this girls house with 3 pairs of clothes trying to dry out on one electric heater , they wasn’t impressed

Got so wet at this game, I left early and got back to the pub and put my jeans on a radiator

Poll: Shamima Beghum

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 08:25 - Dec 6 with 2301 viewsTheChef

Two Forest games funnily enough.

Either a 4-0 on a Saturday in 1997 I think when they had bloomin Dean Saunders and Pierre van Hooijdonk tearing us a new one, and I had the one and only time of enjoying the supporters coach experience.

Or the 5-0 on a freezing Tuesday night when we had the likes of Gary Borrowdale and the second coming of Nigel Quashie phoning it in, with Carl Ikeme picking the ball out the net. Some great gallows humour in the away end, but still. Awful.

Really puts defeats like yesterday into perspective.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 09:31 - Dec 6 with 2254 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Opening of the Ricoh.

Shit place, shit drive, we were shit then to compound matters after leaving early at 3-0 to go back to the 'happybus' I found 7/8 of theirs moving toward me and waving and pointing in a cheerful manner.

I had a 25 yard head start and was going to leg it when I reached the tunnel. Luckily 3 coppers were at the opposite end, I was so happy to see them.

What a shit day.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 09:33 - Dec 6 with 2244 viewsenfieldargh

March 29 1980

Away Shrewsbury lost 3-0

Team that day

1 Woods
2 Shanks
3 Gillard
4 McCreery
5 Hazel
6 Wicks
7 Goddard
8 Roeder
9 Allen
10 Currie
11 Burke
Sub Gordon Hill

That team should have done so much better...

So got stuffed then car broke down on the M6. Waited for AA for hours, 4 of us crammed into a mini .

Suddenly the team bus thunders by, didnt even stop to help...buggers

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 10:50 - Dec 6 with 2185 viewswortonranger

I’ll echo the one earlier post about that game at Norwich back in 76. However, reading the various contributions it’s really sad that so many are remembered for the violence around the game not the football. I for one, think Lee Hoos has a point and maybe we can be determined to kick this anachronistic nonsense into touch.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 10:51 - Dec 6 with 2185 viewsderbyhoop

Forest away. Standing on open terrace at Bridgford end.
Weather couldn't make its mind up to rain, sleet or snow. So it did all of those in the space of 90 minutes as we lost 4-0.
To compound it, police held us back on the open terrace, with the wind howling in from the Trent End.
There was never going to be any trouble as we were all wet, cold and miserable and, even the Forest fans were in no mood to do anything other than get home to warm house.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 11:21 - Dec 6 with 2148 viewsslmrstid

That 5-0 defeat at Forest in the 09/10 season as someone else has referenced is probably up there with the worst for me.

I remember getting up at 6am, to walk 3 miles from my house to a friends house at 7am to get a lift to work in Kettering with her from Wellingborough, so I could then get a train from Kettering straight up to Nottingham after work to meet my Dad who'd driven up from Northampton for the game.

Then of course, 3-0 down inside 20 minutes. 5-0 by the end, I remember the Forest fans all going mental because they were on a good run and I think the win put them top ahead of Newcastle and they were all partying because they were on their way to the Premiership...until of course a couple of months later in true Forest style they've blown it.

But that was a very, very, very miserable night to be an R. Felt like rock bottom of the Flavio era, although the 1-0 home defeat to Scunthorpe not long after that was probably the true rock bottom of the era.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 11:57 - Dec 6 with 2097 viewsderbyhoop

Living in Derby at the time, I was there for the 5-0 defeat.
Didn't Nigel Quashie take part (sic!) in that one.
There was plenty of black humour as there was a 20 minute continual sing-song

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 12:06 - Dec 6 with 2076 viewsLoftgirl

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 10:51 - Dec 6 by derbyhoop

Forest away. Standing on open terrace at Bridgford end.
Weather couldn't make its mind up to rain, sleet or snow. So it did all of those in the space of 90 minutes as we lost 4-0.
To compound it, police held us back on the open terrace, with the wind howling in from the Trent End.
There was never going to be any trouble as we were all wet, cold and miserable and, even the Forest fans were in no mood to do anything other than get home to warm house.

This is probably my worst one too. I can still remember sitting on the supporters train wringing wet all the way home.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 12:12 - Dec 6 with 2061 viewshamptonhillhoop

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 09:57 - Dec 5 by distortR

ha ha, i thought we were the better team for most of that game!
Was it on a sunday?

It was. And to add insult to injury, when I celebrated our 'equaliser' all my change came out of my pocket and bounced away down the terrace, where it was duly nicked by fellow R's
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 12:53 - Dec 6 with 2009 viewsShadow

There's a case that Bury away in 97/98 when the coach broke down was the worst but there were some good people on that bus and we had a good laugh at our own expense.

The 5-0 against Wimbledon would probably be my worst. There's been many times where our fans have had punch ups among themselves and there will be again but that was up there with Wembley '86. There was a strange atmosphere in the air to begin with but once at 3-0 it became clear that the mood had changed for the worse.

People were fighting others if they were pro-Gerry, anti-Gerry, Pro-Holloway, Anti-Holloway and all manner of reasons. Fell out with someone that day and haven't spoken since such was the passion and we're not alone.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 12:57 - Dec 6 with 1995 viewsTheChef

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 12:53 - Dec 6 by Shadow

There's a case that Bury away in 97/98 when the coach broke down was the worst but there were some good people on that bus and we had a good laugh at our own expense.

The 5-0 against Wimbledon would probably be my worst. There's been many times where our fans have had punch ups among themselves and there will be again but that was up there with Wembley '86. There was a strange atmosphere in the air to begin with but once at 3-0 it became clear that the mood had changed for the worse.

People were fighting others if they were pro-Gerry, anti-Gerry, Pro-Holloway, Anti-Holloway and all manner of reasons. Fell out with someone that day and haven't spoken since such was the passion and we're not alone.

Ah how could I forget the 5-0 Wimbledon trip. And them hilariously playing the Hawaii Five-O theme tune over the PA system.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 13:01 - Dec 6 with 1978 viewsShadow

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 12:57 - Dec 6 by TheChef

Ah how could I forget the 5-0 Wimbledon trip. And them hilariously playing the Hawaii Five-O theme tune over the PA system.

Not going to lie, I was dodging punches so missed that!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:02]
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 13:04 - Dec 6 with 1973 viewsShadow

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 00:04 - Dec 5 by qpr_1968

yeovil fa cup, late 80's , if you were there, you would know.
sheffield united 1976.....away

good post.

Yeovil was carnage.

I remember in the late 90s we were on an LSA coach going somewhere and stopped at a service station on the way and a coachload of their supporters turned up seconds after we did.

We could only see the flags so everyone was preparing themselves for a tear up when all these old women got off and gave us cakes!
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 17:30 - Dec 6 with 1767 viewsbarbicanranger

Port Vale (a) in 1999 I believe. We were in a relegation scrap and a ton of rangers travelled. I was still in school but went with my dad. We lost. It was my first taste of proper trouble at a football game some QPR supporters were really going for it on that street outside the away end.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 18:18 - Dec 6 with 1725 viewspaulparker

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 17:30 - Dec 6 by barbicanranger

Port Vale (a) in 1999 I believe. We were in a relegation scrap and a ton of rangers travelled. I was still in school but went with my dad. We lost. It was my first taste of proper trouble at a football game some QPR supporters were really going for it on that street outside the away end.

Yeah got caught up in that outside the ground , horrible place worse than Luton imo
I honestly thought we were down after that game
That fat little sh1te Griffiths goading us lived long in the memory

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 19:54 - Dec 6 with 1661 viewsHayesender

1990 Q/F replay at Anfield. Beardsley scored after about three minutes, but from then on we were the better team.

Then had to sit in a dark compartment on the train home with no light bulbs and a broken window to boot.

Those lovely scallys.

Really thought we were going to Wembley that year

Poll: Shamima Beghum

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 21:37 - Dec 6 with 1543 viewsKerryE

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 09:33 - Dec 6 by enfieldargh

March 29 1980

Away Shrewsbury lost 3-0

Team that day

1 Woods
2 Shanks
3 Gillard
4 McCreery
5 Hazel
6 Wicks
7 Goddard
8 Roeder
9 Allen
10 Currie
11 Burke
Sub Gordon Hill

That team should have done so much better...

So got stuffed then car broke down on the M6. Waited for AA for hours, 4 of us crammed into a mini .

Suddenly the team bus thunders by, didnt even stop to help...buggers

That's my worse one.
Drove up in my Hillman Imp. Broke down near Hinckley. Never made the game. Found a dodgy local garage who repaired it on the day, cost a small fortune. Never got to the game. Hazel got sent off I seem to remember.

Happy days haha.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 05:23 - Dec 7 with 1390 viewsbarbicanranger

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 18:18 - Dec 6 by paulparker

Yeah got caught up in that outside the ground , horrible place worse than Luton imo
I honestly thought we were down after that game
That fat little sh1te Griffiths goading us lived long in the memory

Me too. Felt completely deflated as was sure we were down.
This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 07:12 - Dec 7 with 1322 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is the Worst Trip i’ve Ever Been on on 08:51 - Dec 5 by distortR

Yeovil was funny!

Walking through town and a bloke in wellies came up to me
"You must be pig"
"Why's that"
"All pigs got ring through nose"

Idiot.

Pubs did get lively, but we won the game..........

On the whole, going with a group of mates, the experiences back then were shared and there was always a laugh on the way, and comradery.

Luton away in that cup game was dismal though, I went up with silly Jim and that lot, got split up before he was attacked.

The game that really got to me in many ways was the 1-0 loss at anfield in the cup, after the 2-2 at hq. i couldn't be consoled, because that night i realised that wonderful team wouldn't win anything and get the accolades it deserved.

Honourable mention to tranmere, 8hr round trip on a ferry and called off.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 9:03]

"The game that really got to me in many ways was the 1-0 loss at anfield in the cup, after the 2-2 at hq. i couldn't be consoled, because that night i realised that wonderful team wouldn't win anything and get the accolades it deserved."

I'm leaving the violence aside, and I'd probably go for this for the same reason, or the 2-0 cup loss at Old Trafford in '95. Both devastating.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024