Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LTC 00:20 - Dec 16 with 7103 viewseastside_r

Case for the prosecution rests M’Lud

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/525853/tom-carroll/#10
LTC on 14:30 - Dec 17 with 1427 viewseastside_r

LTC on 09:56 - Dec 17 by daveB

The side improved as we brought in Austin, Stef and co plus changed formation. I don't think Carroll getting injured had much to do with it.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I was tempted to dig out my full LTC rant from when we offered him a new deal - but is probably best left.
LTC on 14:34 - Dec 17 with 1399 viewsgazza1

LTC on 12:14 - Dec 17 by sparkey

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-tom-carroll-rejects-contract-07

That's a newspaper.......they write any old rubbish. Don't believe it.

If the Club wrote on the web site that they offered a contract but LTC turned it down then I would expect it to be factual.
LTC on 14:43 - Dec 17 with 1366 viewsgazza1

LTC on 09:47 - Dec 17 by slmrstid

It was publicised last summer the club offered him a deal, well before Dozzell and Johansen were announced so quite early in the summer. Carroll decided not to take it - probably didn't guarantee him regular first team football. He was on trial with Derby for a bit wasn't he? Obviously decided to stay clear of that car crash before pitching up at Ipswich.

Contracts do not 'guarantee regular first team football'.....why would you think that of a standard limited midfielder???

He may well of stayed clear of the Derby car crash but it looks like he is in a spot of bother at Ipswich if he wanted 'guaranteed regular first team football'.
LTC on 14:51 - Dec 17 with 1354 viewsdaveB

LTC on 14:34 - Dec 17 by gazza1

That's a newspaper.......they write any old rubbish. Don't believe it.

If the Club wrote on the web site that they offered a contract but LTC turned it down then I would expect it to be factual.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-190521/
LTC on 14:57 - Dec 17 with 1323 viewsgazza1

LTC on 14:51 - Dec 17 by daveB

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-190521/

Many thanks....I believe it.

Cant understand why though.....glad he rejected it - wonder what was in the contract he did not like.
LTC on 15:04 - Dec 17 with 1301 viewsdaveB

LTC on 14:57 - Dec 17 by gazza1

Many thanks....I believe it.

Cant understand why though.....glad he rejected it - wonder what was in the contract he did not like.

think as had been said he knew he wouldn't be first choice and wanted regular football
LTC on 15:18 - Dec 17 with 1266 viewsgazza1

LTC on 15:04 - Dec 17 by daveB

think as had been said he knew he wouldn't be first choice and wanted regular football

Who knows what was said, I'd be very interested.....as you say, he probably knew he would not be getting many 1st team opportunities.
LTC on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 1077 viewsfrancisbowles

LTC on 15:18 - Dec 17 by gazza1

Who knows what was said, I'd be very interested.....as you say, he probably knew he would not be getting many 1st team opportunities.

It may have been that it was low basic and performance related, including appearances. With his injury concerns, which have continued this season, he may have wanted a higher guaranteed salary.

Speculation, I know but taking into consideration previous statements from the club and Nedum's comments after he left.
Login to get fewer ads

LTC on 10:03 - Dec 18 with 1052 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Whatever the case. Even when we were struggling for numbers in midfield we haven't missed him at all. So the club were right not to offer him the world and he was probably right to look elsewhere.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

LTC on 10:48 - Dec 18 with 988 viewsNortholt_Rs

LTC on 10:03 - Dec 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

Whatever the case. Even when we were struggling for numbers in midfield we haven't missed him at all. So the club were right not to offer him the world and he was probably right to look elsewhere.

Thank God he did….if ever there was a player who truly earned the term ‘lightweight’ it is LTC. Pony player.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

LTC on 10:55 - Dec 18 with 973 viewsNed_Kennedys

LTC on 09:55 - Dec 17 by daveB

Thats not really his game thought thats like judging Chair on how many tackles he makes. He was a pass and move midfield player, did the role pretty well for us.

He was ok at short passing sideways and backwards but contributed very little to going forward or defending. Really no point in him being in the team: every central midfielder we currently have is a lot better than him including Ball and Bettache.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024