Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? 16:22 - Jan 4 with 2305 viewsJames_Paddocks

Anyone want to hazard a guess when this will be rearranged for?

Trying to book leave for it...
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 16:26 - Jan 4 with 2285 viewsNorthernr

I wondered whether they were waiting for the outcome of this weekend's FA Cup games. We've got Millwall A on fourth round day as it stands. If us and Sheff Utd lose the cup games, Millwall and whoever Sheff Utd are playing win theirs, then it could slot nicely into that free Saturday.
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 16:43 - Jan 4 with 2232 viewsstowmarketrange

I thought it would be 11/12th January,but nothing seems to have been planned yet.I thought 18/19 th week would be for cup relays,but seeing as there aren’t any,we could play that week too.
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 17:16 - Jan 4 with 2159 viewsozranger

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 16:43 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

I thought it would be 11/12th January,but nothing seems to have been planned yet.I thought 18/19 th week would be for cup relays,but seeing as there aren’t any,we could play that week too.

On the 18th, they are at Preston in their Boxing Day postponed game. So, that date is out.

They have Boro, Hull and us to accommodate. It could get messy and it is practically like the creating the season draw to negotiate and work out which games will be on when. I make it 24 games have, so far, been postponed in the Championship, assuming everyone was supposed to play 26 games by now.

I agree with Clive that they are probably waiting to see what happens this weekend as it could open up another avenue and help clear a bit of the backlog.

Edit: Some games have so far been organised -
Tue 10th - Reading v Fulham
Wed 11th - Barnsley v Stoke
Tue 17th - Fulham v Brum & Preston v Sheff Utd
Wed 18th - Hull v Blackburn & Reading v Luton
Tue 25th - Brum v Posh, Coventry v Stoke, Luton v Bristol & us v Swansea
Wed 26th - West Brom v Preston
Feb:
Tue 15th - Posh v Reading
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 17:22]
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 17:43 - Jan 4 with 2088 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 17:16 - Jan 4 by ozranger

On the 18th, they are at Preston in their Boxing Day postponed game. So, that date is out.

They have Boro, Hull and us to accommodate. It could get messy and it is practically like the creating the season draw to negotiate and work out which games will be on when. I make it 24 games have, so far, been postponed in the Championship, assuming everyone was supposed to play 26 games by now.

I agree with Clive that they are probably waiting to see what happens this weekend as it could open up another avenue and help clear a bit of the backlog.

Feb:

Swansea have five, six games to slot in already? And another if they win in the cup this weekend. Could be a Rotherham-style problem there.
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 17:58 - Jan 4 with 2040 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 17:16 - Jan 4 by ozranger

Feb:

Why did our game not get first dibs on available dates?We should’ve had the choice of playing on the 17th before Preston surely?
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 18:19 - Jan 4 with 1997 viewsNorthernr

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 17:58 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

Why did our game not get first dibs on available dates?We should’ve had the choice of playing on the 17th before Preston surely?

Sheff Utd have said that they've been trying to get games re-arranged and been told by clubs "we won't have players available then", which they're bitching about because it's meant to be a Covid thing and how would you know who's got Covid in three weeks? I read between the lines there that we're trying to kick that fixture down the road until the AFCON lads are back. Might be wrong, but might also explain the wailing on their message board.
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 19:17 - Jan 4 with 1897 viewsdaveB

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 18:19 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Sheff Utd have said that they've been trying to get games re-arranged and been told by clubs "we won't have players available then", which they're bitching about because it's meant to be a Covid thing and how would you know who's got Covid in three weeks? I read between the lines there that we're trying to kick that fixture down the road until the AFCON lads are back. Might be wrong, but might also explain the wailing on their message board.

AFCON will have an affect as the squad is 3 players short so will only take 2/3 players to get covid or get injured and we can't fill the bench again
Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 07:54 - Jan 5 with 1691 viewsTheChef

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 19:17 - Jan 4 by daveB

AFCON will have an affect as the squad is 3 players short so will only take 2/3 players to get covid or get injured and we can't fill the bench again

It will have an Effect, Dave

My wife yesterday was asking me to explain the difference between affect and effect and when you use them, to be honest I was struggling (crazy times in the Chef household!)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 09:27 - Jan 5 with 1608 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 07:54 - Jan 5 by TheChef

It will have an Effect, Dave

My wife yesterday was asking me to explain the difference between affect and effect and when you use them, to be honest I was struggling (crazy times in the Chef household!)

Glad I’m not the only one. I basically just use effect for everything, never found a use for affect.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 09:32 - Jan 5 with 1593 viewstoboboly

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 09:27 - Jan 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Glad I’m not the only one. I basically just use effect for everything, never found a use for affect.

Is that just an affectation?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 09:41 - Jan 5 with 1560 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 09:32 - Jan 5 by toboboly

Is that just an affectation?

Show off!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Sheff Utd (a) Potential Date? on 10:03 - Jan 5 with 1513 viewsterryb

I'm confused!

I was under the impression that the rules of the EFL stated that postponed games must be played on the first available date. Rangers have certainly used this as an explanation for re-arrangment in the past.

Personally, I think it should be the responsibility of the league to set the date & not up to the clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024