Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Music 2022 08:53 - Jan 12 with 17336 viewsRamseyR

From the new Fontaines D.C album out in April

New Music 2022 on 20:12 - Feb 2 with 2646 viewsSK_hoops

This did the job:

New Music 2022 on 20:17 - Feb 2 with 2641 viewsLoudR

My band is called snapped ankles so I can’t talk
New Music 2022 on 03:03 - Feb 3 with 2541 viewsbob566

New Music 2022 on 20:17 - Feb 2 by LoudR

Fairly unique would be a good band name
New Music 2022 on 09:38 - Feb 3 with 2514 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Saw you lot at the Wide Awake festival in Brockwell park back in September, very good. if only i'd have known I was watching a fellow R, could have got some chants going given you had access to the PA!
New Music 2022 on 10:16 - Feb 3 with 2487 viewsTheChef

New Music 2022 on 19:28 - Feb 2 by LoudR

Grumpy fuukers are fine. Wet leg aren’t proved but live brill.
Come to Big Thief on the Saturday, maybe we can get the Lyndon Dykes song going if there’s enough of us.
U Rssss

Am seeing some new bands tonight and will try to avoid my default grumpy fcker "oh they just sound like X" mode

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New Music 2022 on 13:58 - Feb 3 with 2446 viewsrobith

I feel shitty for saying it as it is a bit "indie man diminishes female artists' accomplishments" but I can't shake the feeling there's something a bit off by how rapid Wet Leg has escalated, feels a bit label plant.

Or maybe in the digital age, I'm just not used to rapid hype about a guitar band any more
New Music 2022 on 13:58 - Feb 3 with 2445 viewsrobith

Wait....is this you saying you're *in* Snapped Ankles????
New Music 2022 on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 2439 viewsTheChef

New Music 2022 on 13:58 - Feb 3 by robith

Wait....is this you saying you're *in* Snapped Ankles????

I think you have to guess who

Login to get fewer ads

New Music 2022 on 14:30 - Feb 3 with 2418 viewsRs_Holy

Robert Elms has been playing this one quite a bit...

New Music 2022 on 14:58 - Feb 3 with 2394 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Music 2022 on 13:58 - Feb 3 by robith

I feel shitty for saying it as it is a bit "indie man diminishes female artists' accomplishments" but I can't shake the feeling there's something a bit off by how rapid Wet Leg has escalated, feels a bit label plant.

Or maybe in the digital age, I'm just not used to rapid hype about a guitar band any more

My question with Wet Leg is "aren't they just a rip-off of Dry Cleaning?"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Music 2022 on 08:07 - Feb 4 with 2302 viewsTheChef

Grumpy fcker reporting back

Cody Frost - quite intriguing, definitely one to watch.

Daisy Brain - LoFi tastic, felt like 1994 all over again (even if one track was a definite Longpigs rip off!)

New Music 2022 on 14:16 - Feb 4 with 2236 viewsR_from_afar

Time for musical sums:

Add this

to this

and you get this:

The Eldovar album actually came out at the tail end of 2021 so I am cheating but hopefully, you'll endulge me

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

New Music 2022 on 16:37 - Feb 5 with 2143 viewsSK_hoops

This new fontaines DC song is banging. For some reason I was worried their new album would live up to the first two (The historically troubled third album), but if the whole thing is as good as that there is nothing to worry about.
New Music 2022 on 13:31 - Feb 7 with 2029 viewsRs_Holy

New Music 2022 on 13:40 - Feb 7 with 2016 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Arch Enemy gone full 'Agonist' I'm looking forward to the release.

Ammot sounds a bit like Schenker on parts of this one.

Just heard about this on planet Rock, first top 10 for 50 years. Suprisingly good.

[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 14:08]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

New Music 2022 on 12:40 - Feb 16 with 1864 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really love Beach House's album so far. Two days to the release of the final few tracks.

New Music 2022 on 17:28 - Feb 16 with 1801 viewsrobith

Of the personal opinion that the new Black Country, New Road LP is an absolute masterpiece

New Music 2022 on 17:38 - Feb 16 with 1789 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Like that, Robith.

Thanks.

New Music 2022 on 20:21 - Feb 16 with 1753 viewsmarkrtid

It's just my opinion but a realy good album is one that grows on you with each listen. Lasts a lot longer. As an example, I heard Black Country on BBC Radio 6 and didnt think much but as an album? Very good. Shame the lead singer left the band.
The only other standout long player from start to finnish so far this year is from Alt-J and its only February. It's a grower.
New Music 2022 on 20:41 - Feb 16 with 1715 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Music 2022 on 20:21 - Feb 16 by markrtid

It's just my opinion but a realy good album is one that grows on you with each listen. Lasts a lot longer. As an example, I heard Black Country on BBC Radio 6 and didnt think much but as an album? Very good. Shame the lead singer left the band.
The only other standout long player from start to finnish so far this year is from Alt-J and its only February. It's a grower.

Good point about albums growing on us. Great albums do.

The only thing I would add is that they have to have the songs first. Listening to the new Big Thief album it has too many tracks but not enough songs that I like. Without the songs, the choons, without the songwriting the production, sound, vibe and musicianship can all be top notch but the album will not hold the attention for long.

New Music 2022 on 21:00 - Feb 16 with 1700 viewsmarkrtid

New Music 2022 on 20:41 - Feb 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Good point about albums growing on us. Great albums do.

The only thing I would add is that they have to have the songs first. Listening to the new Big Thief album it has too many tracks but not enough songs that I like. Without the songs, the choons, without the songwriting the production, sound, vibe and musicianship can all be top notch but the album will not hold the attention for long.

You say that now Brian but tomorrow you might be humming a certain tune from the latest Big Thief album. If not. No worries. Music isnt dead. There is another classic coming down the line.
New Music 2022 on 21:02 - Feb 16 with 1696 viewslarsricchi

New Music 2022 on 17:28 - Feb 16 by robith

Of the personal opinion that the new Black Country, New Road LP is an absolute masterpiece

Listening to this right now. I liked their debut; was nervous about this one but halfway through and I think it is fantastic so far. I hope they are able to sort out their path forward minus the singer. At least it seems amicable?
New Music 2022 on 10:02 - Feb 17 with 1602 viewsrobith

New Music 2022 on 20:21 - Feb 16 by markrtid

I liked BCNR's first, though it felt like a collection of songs.

This is an album

It grows every time I listen to it. The recurring themes, the subtexts, the myriad different interpretations, the way it takes influences from so many places and turns them into a coherent whole. I'm struggling to listen to anything else. It's absolutely bodied me
New Music 2022 on 10:17 - Feb 17 with 1596 viewsrobith

New Music 2022 on 21:02 - Feb 16 by larsricchi

Listening to this right now. I liked their debut; was nervous about this one but halfway through and I think it is fantastic so far. I hope they are able to sort out their path forward minus the singer. At least it seems amicable?

Yeah, but they have sadly said they won't play any songs he did lyrics for out of respect as they're so personal.

They mentioned in an interview, and it seems to be one of the themes of the record, that they are in tons of debt and I think that might have been a complicating factor for them
New Music 2022 on 10:23 - Feb 17 with 1584 viewssoops

Thanks for the Black Country recommendation Robith - that was new to me (oh, I'm so out of touch!) but liked what you posted up so will seek out some further stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024