Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dotorg 11:15 - Feb 6 with 21942 viewsdmm

Just for people's info, the dotorg will cease in the next couple of months. There's a notice on there from Drew who runs it.
The dotorg on 00:21 - Feb 10 with 2428 viewsPunteR

Mostly just been on here since about 2007/08. I didn't even have a computer or Internet before then.
I just stumbled across this site while looking for QPR reading material. I just read Clives stuff and avoided the forum for ages. It's quite addictive once you start. Made some good mates on here but also had some falling outs which is a shame. Supporting QPR is a different experience these days than pre Internet days, I'd say for the better though. I don't really like my username but it's kind of stuck.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The dotorg on 13:55 - Feb 10 with 2341 viewsLythamR

The dotorg on 16:48 - Feb 9 by GaryT

Yep, more through lack of imagination than anything else.

Many years were spent staring at the .dotorg site but like all things, something shinier came along but it's still sad to see it go. I've spent most of my life in retail which meant Saturdays off was not an option so the .org/dotorg massively brought me closer to the club. When I was just starting up an internet café in Eastbourne, Zeus and santadog picked up a coffee vending machine from Blackpool (that I'd won on Ebay) and brought it to Loftus Road for me. Still can't believe they did that for me. Then there were others like Goofy and Stan/Jamie that bought tickets for me as I was abroad. Simpler times and makes me love this club even more, when the chips are down we are a proper family.

The vending machine pickup wasnt in Blackpool Gary it was in Deepest Blackburn, i remember it well as i wasnt sure the handbrake was going to hold when the machine went in as it was on one of those northern terrace 1 in 10 incline roads most people south of Birmingham think only exist in old Hovis adverts

the trip as a founding stone for the motto "The Alliance always delivers"

qpr.org was a great site but if you think about it the format was more like whatsapp or twitter rather than the longer form message boards such as qprdot.org which i didnt really get on with
The dotorg on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 2274 viewsfournil

Was at Uni when dotorg came into being. Proper early days of the internet and used to have to get my fix at the library or IT suite. Was great to have a Rangers community outside of Loftus Road on a Saturday afternoon. Joined up with the MancR's for a game at Stockport and Wigan - my Uni mates thought I was mad heading off to meet up with a bunch of blokes I'd only ever chatted to on a message board - complete contrast to modern society now. The dotorg even helped when I was travelling on the States in 1999 - always a recommendation of some kind for whichever city we were going to be in next, including an excellent strip club in Portland courtesy of one of the regular posters :) When we got to New York - managed to meet up with PaulNYC from the board who picked us up from the dodgy hostel near Harlem, drove us out to Yonkers to watch the England - Scotland Euro qualifier and then put us up as well!
Great website, great message board, great R's community - all replicated here btw.
The dotorg on 14:52 - Feb 10 with 2255 viewsLythamR

The dotorg on 14:33 - Feb 10 by fournil

Was at Uni when dotorg came into being. Proper early days of the internet and used to have to get my fix at the library or IT suite. Was great to have a Rangers community outside of Loftus Road on a Saturday afternoon. Joined up with the MancR's for a game at Stockport and Wigan - my Uni mates thought I was mad heading off to meet up with a bunch of blokes I'd only ever chatted to on a message board - complete contrast to modern society now. The dotorg even helped when I was travelling on the States in 1999 - always a recommendation of some kind for whichever city we were going to be in next, including an excellent strip club in Portland courtesy of one of the regular posters :) When we got to New York - managed to meet up with PaulNYC from the board who picked us up from the dodgy hostel near Harlem, drove us out to Yonkers to watch the England - Scotland Euro qualifier and then put us up as well!
Great website, great message board, great R's community - all replicated here btw.

Marys Bar in Portland? :)
The dotorg on 15:12 - Feb 10 with 2207 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Last year was the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Manc Rs. It started when a colleague of mine said a friend of his worked with a QPR fan.

The thing that was quite amazing when I eventually met Antony Hobbs, was that we both knew a few Rangers fans in the Manchester/north west, but no one in common. With in an instant, we had nigh on a dozen Rfosi to call upon. By the time I left Manchester for the first time a few years later, my departure drink coincided with QPR on Sky and we had 26 (twenty six) people out on a Monday night. The pub and it’s regulars didn’t know WTF was going in!

Several of us original members are in a WhatsApp group and we mulled trying to arrange a meet of old and new for the silver jubilee. Alas, Covid-19 scuppered that.

Without doubt, Ben’s site was the catalyst for so many to be part of a community despite the distance that existed between us all. Sadly some 20-plus years on, the way the internet is used and people use it, has made it a minefield best avoided at times. Nowhere was this more evident than how a group of Rfosi in Manchester would open their arms to welcome brothers and sisters in our manor, as we enjoyed meeting up with other fans away from our home turf.

Cracking times, really miss those days when despite the footy often being shocking, we had such a laugh. In many ways, they were the best times to be a Rangers fan.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The dotorg on 15:15 - Feb 10 with 2199 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Paul is a top bloke
The dotorg on 15:19 - Feb 10 with 2185 viewsGaryT

The dotorg on 13:55 - Feb 10 by LythamR

The vending machine pickup wasnt in Blackpool Gary it was in Deepest Blackburn, i remember it well as i wasnt sure the handbrake was going to hold when the machine went in as it was on one of those northern terrace 1 in 10 incline roads most people south of Birmingham think only exist in old Hovis adverts

qpr.org was a great site but if you think about it the format was more like whatsapp or twitter rather than the longer form message boards such as qprdot.org which i didnt really get on with

Blackburn! Blimey, where did I get Blackpool from? Could have sworn one of you guys travelled to LR every week from Blackpool. Maybe you were, which makes it all the more impressive. I have a vague memory that there was a 3rd member of the gang and I want to say Keith? Probably wrong on that as well.

Ah yes, The Alliance and the MancR's, I can't remember too much of it now apart from it was bloody funny. It was a fulltime job trying to keep up with the qpr.org site and you had to read every post because, well, you just had to.

Glad to see you are still around, I heard that santadog gave up on the messageboards around that time so I'm guessing you must be Zeus?
The dotorg on 15:28 - Feb 10 with 2172 viewsfournil

The dotorg on 14:52 - Feb 10 by LythamR

Marys Bar in Portland? :)

Yes it was LythamR - was that your recommendation? Was the most unstrip-club like place ever - brilliant.
Login to get fewer ads

The dotorg on 15:30 - Feb 10 with 2165 viewsGaryT

The dotorg on 15:15 - Feb 10 by CroydonCaptJack

Paul is a top bloke

I'm pretty certain Paul came into my gaming/internet café as well. When asked what he wanted his account name to be he said "QPR Paul" and after a quick chat he said he was known as PaulNYC on qpr.org. I say pretty certain because I think there where a couple of NYC posters but I can't remember who the other one was. Small World though eh!
The dotorg on 16:21 - Feb 10 with 2127 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The dotorg on 15:19 - Feb 10 by GaryT

Blackburn! Blimey, where did I get Blackpool from? Could have sworn one of you guys travelled to LR every week from Blackpool. Maybe you were, which makes it all the more impressive. I have a vague memory that there was a 3rd member of the gang and I want to say Keith? Probably wrong on that as well.

Ah yes, The Alliance and the MancR's, I can't remember too much of it now apart from it was bloody funny. It was a fulltime job trying to keep up with the qpr.org site and you had to read every post because, well, you just had to.

Glad to see you are still around, I heard that santadog gave up on the messageboards around that time so I'm guessing you must be Zeus?

He is Zeus.

On a recent trip back I saw the triumvirate that constituted ‘The Alliance’ such that it was! Zeus, Santapup and Woking R.

The pressure of the fatwa was only lifted a few years ago and it had taken its toll, they looked broken men.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The dotorg on 16:58 - Feb 10 with 2092 viewsLythamR

The dotorg on 15:19 - Feb 10 by GaryT

yes Lytham just a few miles from Blackpool and Blackburn only a small detour on the way down. Yes you are right about Keith, he is still going, although he has gone a bit up market this season in the C club
The dotorg on 17:50 - Feb 10 with 2043 viewsBoston

The dotorg on 15:30 - Feb 10 by GaryT

I'm pretty certain Paul came into my gaming/internet café as well. When asked what he wanted his account name to be he said "QPR Paul" and after a quick chat he said he was known as PaulNYC on qpr.org. I say pretty certain because I think there where a couple of NYC posters but I can't remember who the other one was. Small World though eh!

If the Paul in question was a tall, heavily set gent wiv a sarrf London accent, then you’re probably correct?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The dotorg on 19:17 - Feb 10 with 1988 viewsKeithW

The dotorg on 16:58 - Feb 10 by LythamR

yes Lytham just a few miles from Blackpool and Blackburn only a small detour on the way down. Yes you are right about Keith, he is still going, although he has gone a bit up market this season in the C club

And here I am, like Lazarus. Not quite C club but still in the dizzying eschelons of W12.
The dotorg on 19:26 - Feb 10 with 1958 viewsGaryT

The dotorg on 17:50 - Feb 10 by Boston

If the Paul in question was a tall, heavily set gent wiv a sarrf London accent, then you’re probably correct?

With a daughter that would be late 20's/30's now?
The dotorg on 21:01 - Feb 10 with 1909 viewsLythamR

The dotorg on 19:17 - Feb 10 by KeithW

And here I am, like Lazarus. Not quite C club but still in the dizzying eschelons of W12.

I am so far down the corporate food chain im not sure of the difference, don't you get the amuse bouche in W12?
The dotorg on 21:53 - Feb 10 with 1877 viewsngbqpr

Assuming you were also fournil on .org, i remember once you got some unwarranted stick for a post, and said you were going to quit the site. i sent you an impassioned dm (or whatever they were called then) asking you to reconsider as a silent majority supported you.

No idea why i can recall that moment of early messageboard innocence.

The .orger formerly known as Notts Exile

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The dotorg on 22:54 - Feb 10 with 1855 viewsfournil

The dotorg on 21:53 - Feb 10 by ngbqpr

Assuming you were also fournil on .org, i remember once you got some unwarranted stick for a post, and said you were going to quit the site. i sent you an impassioned dm (or whatever they were called then) asking you to reconsider as a silent majority supported you.

No idea why i can recall that moment of early messageboard innocence.

The .orger formerly known as Notts Exile

Cheers ngbqpr.
The moniker hasn’t changed in the 25 years or so - always been more of an avid reader than contributer but I remember being very appreciative of the support - absolutely no idea what it was all about though
The dotorg on 00:05 - Feb 11 with 1838 viewsKatR

The original .org was fabulous and a great thing for when I was an expat - the replacement dot.org not so good as others have mentioned. This site is my go to place now and pleased to hear that the fatwa is lifted courtesy of John 😂😂 Best wishes to all on here, special thanks to Clive and regards to the old original .orgers
The dotorg on 00:19 - Feb 11 with 1827 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The dotorg on 13:36 - Feb 11 with 1689 viewsJJB

Glad it's shutting down. BT was shafted bigtime when it all kicked off. " My gaff, my rules" how did that work out for you, pal?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 15:41]

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

The dotorg on 15:07 - Feb 11 with 1632 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 13:55 - Feb 10 by LythamR

It's a shame you never archived your site, there were some of the best threads on the internet in it.
Do you remember the Canadian girl named Skippy who lived in the wilderness with her daughter & pet wolves and often inquired how Richard Paquette was doing?

The grass is always greener.

The dotorg on 15:10 - Feb 11 with 1614 viewsMick_S

The dotorg on 15:07 - Feb 11 by Esox_Lucius

It's a shame you never archived your site, there were some of the best threads on the internet in it.
Do you remember the Canadian girl named Skippy who lived in the wilderness with her daughter & pet wolves and often inquired how Richard Paquette was doing?

I remember Noeldinio (spelling) who used to travel to awaydays with his motorcycle and sidecar combination.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The dotorg on 15:11 - Feb 11 with 1609 viewsEsox_Lucius

The dotorg on 15:10 - Feb 11 by Mick_S

I remember Noeldinio (spelling) who used to travel to awaydays with his motorcycle and sidecar combination.

Tim nice but... was worth the entrance money alone.

The grass is always greener.

The dotorg on 15:29 - Feb 11 with 1595 viewsdmm

Matt Doran, The Blue Hand...
The dotorg on 16:35 - Feb 11 with 1518 viewscolinallcars

The dotorg on 00:19 - Feb 11 by Boston

We've 'eard it all before, we've 'eard it all before. Always a nice riposte to other fans' songs.
It's actually a lovely song - the line Through The Door There Came Familiar Laughter is poignant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024